Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

But they suuuuck :vinty:

Well, I think they suck, anyway.  You're free to think whatever you want about them.  I soured on alternative rock after listening to Nickleback >.<

Well I think we can all agree that Nickleback was a mistake.

Does happen, but usually doesn't end well. Sex-based relationships are fun at first, but become quite shallow  :amane:

I didn't say the relationship was based on sex, I said that I've seen them start from a friends with benefits situation.

Hahaha I've seen a lot of relationships start with sex. Sometimes sex comes before the relationship.

I feel like the relationship is an afterthought in that case, whereas in VNs they are more like:

"I like you, let's start dating!"

"Sure! Okay, what now?"

"Suck my dick"

"Okay!"

3 days later

"MC-kun, c-can I hold your hand?"

I feel like the relationship is afterthought in that case, whereas in VNs they are more like:

"I like you, let's start dating!"

"Sure! Okay, what now?"

"Suck my dick"

"Okay!"

3 days later

"MC-kun, c-can I hold your hand?"

^DEAD xD That's true. It's like that scene from Grisaia when Yuuji literally told Yumiko

I love you, let's have sex.

i HATE when VN characters do the sexy time first and then the dating time afterwards.

Princess Evangile does it right. According to my notes, the protag and Rise get together / confession on 23 Oct, have their first kiss on 17 Dec, and then have their first sexy time on 25 Dec. That's how u do them proper pacings

So now that I`ve calmed down from the stress explosion I had this week I`d like to explain kind of what set it off. I`ve been complaining about one of my coworkers having an odd grudge against me and acting petty and stuff but this week`s incident(s) were on a whole new level of crap. I hope spelling out what happened and considering it calmly will help me put this all behind me.

Basically I was in charge of washing dishes last week, which means just washing the cups we use every day and the coffee pot. I`ve been at this job for 2 years and have done this every few weeks for the whole time (we do it on rotation so basically everyone does it one week in four).

Well two days last week I was working alone with that coworker, and both times she said she had stuff to do so she was going to stay later in the office after I left. Okay, fine. I washed the dishes and left.

The next day I get in and my boss tells me there was lipstick left on one of the cups I was supposed to have washed. I looked at it and I was like `Man that`s a big obvious red lipstick stain on this white cup, how could I have missed that? I must have been totally zoning out`. I am a bit forgetful/daydreamy so it didn`t seem too strange to me at the time even though I tend to be kind of meticulous when it comes to cleaning stuff.

Well, then another day of me and her alone and the next day sure enough the boss finds not only a lipstick stain on a cup I should have washed but also a little coffee left in one of the cups. Now I`m flabbergasted. I was absolutely sure I had washed that crap, and thoroughly. My boss is talking to me like I`m a little kid, telling me to use soap and hot water and scrub things when I wash them, the two other co-workers in the office are kind of hiding grins and looking at me like I`m an idiot. Then it hits me. Why that coworker wanted to stay after I left. I mean I`m forgetful and a spaz but you want to tell me that not once but twice I didn`t manage to see a big obvious bright red lipstick ring on the side of a cup? Or brown coffee remains at the bottom of a cup?

Now I know the immediate reaction to this might be `Well why didn`t you call her out` but obviously I don`t have proof and it`s clear that the 3 people in the office already have the opinion that I`m the type of idiot that would make that kind of mistake and just kind of slosh water on a cup and call it clean or something. I have no proof (I can`t even say `well she must have used this cup after I left` because she has her own personal cup which was properly clean). The boss is always busy with her own stuff and hasn`t noticed any of the crap that`s gone on between me and that coworker so she wouldn`t see any motive for a lady 10+ years older than me to pull such childish pranks (hell even -I- couldn`t believe it when I realized what was going on). The other coworker also has some bizarre image of me as being a slob and a child so yeah.

And that`s why it hurt so bad and caused me so much stress. I mean yeah it was a mean thing to do, but there was an underlying level of cruelty that I think is unique to the hierarchical structure of businesses over here. I`m not in a position to even do anything than apologize and bow my head because I`m at the bottom of the totem pole. I have no one to confide in or ask for help from. I just have to grin and bear it.

I mean if I was a rival for a promotion or something I would understand it, but she`s seriously doing these things out of the blue. Hell I`m leaving in a little over a month, you`d think any grudge or gripe she has with me could just be let slide since I`m gone in a bit anyway. And this lady is the mother of two children. I doubt even her kids would do something this petty.

But I just have to let it slide off my back and hope she got her fill. I hate to imagine what else she might try to do to humiliate me, and I feel like I already hit rock bottom in the eyes of the other coworkers.

Despite how this may sound, I`m in a more analytical mood than depressed. I`m so used to people looking down on other people that it`s just become a part of society and daily life for me. As an international coordinator I hope someday through my efforts and the efforts of people like me we can eliminate at least a little of the walls that people create between themselves and others. For now though I`m just trying to finish out my time here on a good note, so I have to let any stress she tries to pile on me slide off and keep going to work with a smile and just enjoy the time I spend interacting with people who aren`t her.

i HATE when VN characters do the sexy time first and then the dating time afterwards.

Princess Evangile does it right. According to my notes, the protag and Rise get together / confession on 23 Oct, have their first kiss on 17 Dec, and then have their first sexy time on 25 Dec. That's how u do them proper pacings

That's what people with morals do. VNs don't have morals, ya silly goose.

Well I think we can all agree that Nickleback was a mistake.

Hindsight 20/20.  At least I can still feel shame.

Only VN I've ever seen do sex ---> relationship right was Grisaia no Kajitsu, specifically Amane's route.  There was actually a reason behind it instead of, "Well, the readers won't wait any longer for fanservice, we should just give it to them".

Wait...why did you take notes?  xD

-huge block of text that I'm not going to fully quote-

Well...that's shitty.  Dunno what to say.  If I were you, I'd take a picture of the clean cup with a phone and make sure it was timestamped, then show it to your boss next time.  I'm not one to take things like that lying down, though.  One of the girls that picked on me in middle school that sat right next to me decided to lean and block my view of the board for absolutely no reason.  (Context: she was rather heavy, and I'm pretty sure she was picking on me to associate with the "cool kids" so they wouldn't pick on her because of her weight)  After about a minute of trying to lean around her, I said, at the top of my lungs, "Lauren, can you please not intentionally lean in front of me so I can't see the board?  It's really starting to annoy me".  Everyone in the room looked at her, including the teacher, and she blushed brighter than the sun itself and complied in utter silence.  She never talked or interacted with me again.  It was absolutely hilarious.

Hindsight 20/20.  At least I can still feel shame.

Only VN I've ever seen do sex ---> relationship right was Grisaia no Kajitsu, specifically Amane's route.  There was actually a reason behind it instead of, "Well, the readers won't wait any longer for fanservice, we should just give it to them".

I feel like they created that reason specifically to "just give it to them"

Can you guys recap how that went?

I don't think this story even counts as an ex-girlfriend story, but I'll tell it anyway.

It was in my last year of school and I was in detention on a friday afternoon. There I met this girl from another class., we bonded over the course of three hours and decided to hang out til evening afterwards. 

On saturday, we had the typical walk around in the city-date and I noticed something was fishy. She made me pay for everything; The drinks, the food, a movie ticket and she would continuously try to guilt or trick me into buying shit.

Sunday I called her up, told her I'm not playing this game and we yelled at each other for ten minutes over the phone before hanging up. The end. 

tl;dr - Roses really smell like poo poo-oo

It's not like i have 30 pages of notes detailing every moment of the VN :holo:

Usually when a VN has a calendar system I like to jot down the milestone dates where characters advance their relationship. 

You dirty casual :P

I don't think this story even counts as an ex-girlfriend story, but I'll tell it anyway.

It was in my last year of school and I was in detention on a friday afternoon. There I met this girl from another class., we bonded over the course of three hours and decided to hang out til evening afterwards. 

On saturday, we had the typical walk around in the city-date and I noticed something was fishy. She made me pay for everything; The drinks, the food, a movie ticket and she would continuously try to guilt or trick me into buying shit.

Sunday I called her up, told her I'm not playing this game and we yelled at each other for ten minutes over the phone before hanging up. The end. 

tl;dr - Roses really smell like poo poo-oo

Wait, why didn't you just tell her no? And when you called her, did you immediately attack her? 

Cause that's what you made it sound like. I'm completely ignorant to the situation, but why did it have to be that complicated? why couldn't it just be like

"Can you pay for me?

"No. I'm not gonna buy you everything you want.'

The End

I really loved how this it done in Konosora, Ageha's route. The entire setup of that scene in the hangar and how it was done, was so well executed and made for a really interesting story and change in dynamic between these two characters.

Sadly, to reach this scene, you have to slog through three hours of Moenovel quality translation and the follow-up wasn't executed in the best possibly way.

That's like over two months before going to the final base. What are you, a nun? rimufaceemoticonslu6x.png

*the horror of remembering the first half of Ageha's route*  :michiru:

Wait, why didn't you just tell her no? And when you called her, did you immediately attack her? 

Cause that's what you made it sound like. I'm completely ignorant to the situation, but why did it have to be that complicated? why couldn't it just be like

"Can you pay for me?

"No. I'm not gonna buy you everything you want.'

The End

Because human beings are not robots and something easy can become complicated if you involve feelings. And hormones. 

Ok now that is horrible pacing... It took them TWO months to get to their first kiss but their first sex followed like a week after? No!

So you are saying that Hanasaki Work Spring did it the wrong way huh? xD (it was only the childhood friend route)

First they kiss, then they have sex and finally after that they start dating : D