Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

I'm going to become Chinese for two weeks now. Dota 2 Shanghai Majors begins tonight. So when I get home from work I am beginning my schedule to adapt the the Chinese timezones. The games begin 2 AM tonight (CET). So more or less I am sleeping after work and wake up in the middle of the night. I am most likely going to be a living wreck.

45 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

I'm going to become Chinese for two weeks now. Dota 2 Shanghai Majors begins tonight. So when I get home from work I am beginning my schedule to adapt the the Chinese timezones. The games begin 2 AM tonight (CET). So more or less I am sleeping after work and wake up in the middle of the night. I am most likely going to be a living wreck.

You mean you weren't already a living wreck? :sachi:

My sleep schedule is only 'normal' because I have classes on weekdays. And by normal I mean sleeping for 4 hours from 9pm-1am :mare:

16 hours ago, crunchytaco said:

Confession: I'm likely to still recommend you all not to get married, after disappearing from here for over half a year.

I moved back from Hawaii after one month of staying there. We never had the chance to explore how our lives would have been there. I had to return to California to sign papers for the family business, and in the process revealed to my parents my relationship and the existence of their lovely grand daughter. 

My wife and I haven't talked in 2 days, and we're likely to get separated.

Welcome back taco. :) Well, idk about never getting married, but I'll try to be careful with who I get married to and not be in a rush.

Shit, my younger brother got married and divorced before I even got married.

16 hours ago, crunchytaco said:

Confession: I'm likely to still recommend you all not to get married, after disappearing from here for over half a year.

I moved back from Hawaii after one month of staying there. We never had the chance to explore how our lives would have been there. I had to return to California to sign papers for the family business, and in the process revealed to my parents my relationship and the existence of their lovely grand daughter. 

Welcome back Taco, I missed you like crazy. Very glad to have you back.

As for the wife thing... I have no words.

Confession: I sincerely believe that anyone who drive 10 mph below the speed limit on an expressway for ANY reason other than having your car fall apart less than 30 seconds ago should be shot dead.  It would solve so many economic problems. You know how the US has too many unemployed? Guess what, now we wont have enough unemployed.  Our shipping industry would be fucking thriving due to constant thoroughfare and productivity in general would be increased.  I don't give a shit if your exit is full, pick the next one, you'll get there quicker anyway.  Seriously, this should be a cause for legal assassination.

Why the rant? Because a fucking splash of liquid death today caused a 10 mile traffic jam on a massive highway.  I want to find the people who decided to slow down and shoot them in the head saying they shouldn't have gotten on the fucking road.

30 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Why the rant? Because a fucking splash of liquid death today caused a 10 mile traffic jam on a massive highway.  I want to find the people who decided to slow down and shoot them in the head saying they shouldn't have gotten on the fucking road.

this bus went out of order on one of two of the bridges on Istanbul today. Got to school nearly an hour late. I'm used to it though.

14 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

My closest friends just play hearthstone nowadays

But one of them, without asking me or anything, literally went and COMPLETELY UNIRONICALLY bought Sakura Swim Club. 

I'm just glad I could make him refund it in time. 

Hearthstone is such a great casual game but all of my friends play and leave it so quickly :c

Why do people pay for games? Please :Kappa:

17 hours ago, crunchytaco said:

Welcome back, Taco! I am sorry to hear that but I hope you find a way to solve this while feeling comfortable about it :)

Confession: there were two education fairs made by universities from many countries in Europe, in Egypt. The amounts of money you would have to pay are really enormous and since one of my friends actually has money and was able to make use of this made me feel like really helpless and depressed espcially since I was able to get myself some way to decrease the costs but even a 50% off wouldn't make me able to study there (I can get up to 25% due to my grades). This was probably just a small lesson and one of many things I am to face in life generally where not having money would make me feel like shit and helpless as I feel now.

Kaiser Permanente pharmacy inventory season is starting again, so we had orientation the other day.

We had like 8 new people show up, I'm thinking only like 2 will actually become regulars since the shifts for Kaiser are inconvenient (late afternoons / evenings; most people in this job are available early mornings only).

Anyways, I got my eye on my successor (I'm busy with skoo so I can only do Kaisers on weekends). 

We'll call him J. Even my co-workers and Supervisors were like, "Yo Eclipsed, J will be your successor"

Why?

Cuz he's the only other asian to have joined (and stick around) since me :makina:.

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Kaiser Permanente pharmacy inventory season is starting again, so we had orientation the other day.

We had like 8 new people show up, I'm thinking only like 2 will actually become regulars since the shifts for Kaiser are inconvenient (late afternoons / evenings; most people in this job are available early mornings only).

Anyways, I got my eye on my successor (I'm busy with skoo so I can only do Kaisers on weekends). 

We'll call him J. Even my co-workers and Supervisors were like, "Yo Eclipsed, J will be your successor"

Why?

Cuz he's the only other asian to have joined (and stick around) since me :makina:.

Soooooo racial profiling.

13 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Confession: I sincerely believe that anyone who drive 10 mph below the speed limit on an expressway for ANY reason other than having your car fall apart less than 30 seconds ago should be shot dead.  It would solve so many economic problems. You know how the US has too many unemployed? Guess what, now we wont have enough unemployed.  Our shipping industry would be fucking thriving due to constant thoroughfare and productivity in general would be increased.  I don't give a shit if your exit is full, pick the next one, you'll get there quicker anyway.  Seriously, this should be a cause for legal assassination.

This is true for anyone ever driving below the speed limit no matter what kind of road. In Sweden we got these "safe" 2+1 roads (2 lanes respective 1 lane shift) which is shifting every kilometer or two. When the road got two files everyone is driving at the speed limit or faster, if I don't like it I can drive by you because it got 2 files. But then it changes to 1 file for a while. Now everyone is fucking scared of the side railing or something. And they drive below the speed limit with 10 mph in 7 of 10 cases. When it is 2 files again they always speed up to the speed limit or a little faster. Oh the temptation to point finger when I drive past them. I never do it but swearing is common. 

Yes I am mad about people driving when they are completely retarded. Driving is good for your health. Even better when the other road users are completely retarded/scared of the road.

3 hours ago, Nashetania said:

So for about 3 days, internet in my apartment stopped working...

Today I realized, that it was because my father downloaded an episode of series called "Black Sails". Our internet was restricted because of copyright strike (because my father apparently sucks at downloading)...

dc71b7a23424db757612917eb3be45e6.jpg

The fuck. Is that a thing now? Jesus. 

3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

That's pretty ironic.

How so?

43 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

The fuck. Is that a thing now? Jesus. 

I assume you are referring to the series. As someone who watches anime and reads visual novel, I don't think I am in position to judge anyone's taste.

If you are referring to the restriction, it's my first time something like that has happened to me.

7 minutes ago, Nashetania said:

How so?

I assume you are referring to the series. As someone who watches anime and reads visual novel, I don't think I am in position to judge anyone's taste.

If you are referring to the restriction, it's my first time something like that has happened to me.

referring to the restriction

holy shit

3 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

referring to the restriction

holy shit

In the US, as long as you aren't stupid, and even if you are, noone gives a shit as long as you don't sell it. Most piracy here is viewed as "as long as you don't make money off it" they don't care.  They figure that it's good advertisement for the thing instead.  Plus they know that if they started cracking down on piracy two things happen: one: they lose potential talent that would be potentially using their program in the professional space, and two: it would create bad publicity for the program damaging their reputation causing a PR battle that they really don't want.

16 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

In the US, as long as you aren't stupid, and even if you are, noone gives a shit as long as you don't sell it. Most piracy here is viewed as "as long as you don't make money off it" they don't care.  They figure that it's good advertisement for the thing instead.  Plus they know that if they started cracking down on piracy two things happen: one: they lose potential talent that would be potentially using their program in the professional space, and two: it would create bad publicity for the program damaging their reputation causing a PR battle that they really don't want.

Back in the days of Napster I actually used it to learn about bands I hadn't heard of and if I liked what I heard I'd actually go buy the CD. I also used it to back up my collection of R.E.M. cassettes, because paying for the CD versions of tapes I already had would have sucked donkey balls.