Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 5:03 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

Have you been gone for a while? In case you missed it, CoC now contributes to post count. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

Yeah. But why? isn't this section pretty much just spam?

Confession: I like reading about drama

7 minutes ago, Cofee said:

Confession: I like reading about drama

Hey, I like doing that too!

Also confession: I breathe air. :mare:

7 minutes ago, Cofee said:

Yeah. But why? isn't this section pretty much just spam?

But reputation from it always counted, so it basically made spammers look like the most valuable members of the community through their post/like ratios. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Hey, I like doing that too!

Also confession: I breathe air. :mare:

But reputation from it always counted, so it basically made spammers look like the most valuable members of the community through their post/like ratios. :P

Confession: I used to have a good ratio because of that... now everybody knows the truth.

2 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Come on now, I have more than half of his posts 364211472093413377.png?v=1

You'd need nearly as many posts as I've ever made to catch up with him, and you're already a highly qualified spammer of ages past.

3 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

That's exactly what tiag said, Mr. Nobody.

Oh, I seem to have missed this one. Where did this 'Tiag' comment?

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I got hooked back into MMO gaming again. And as always, my grades dipped, my workload piled up, I'm put on weight again, and general feelings of depression and anxiety were sinking in, too. I was making such good progress too...

But see, here's the thing, I don't want to give up on MMO gaming completely since I am enjoying it immensely. Even though there are dangerously addicting elements to these games, I still enjoy the community aspect of them, and getting to raid with others is so refreshing. But I really need to manage my addiction better and stop falling back on my real-world obligations.

Now, while I'd definitely taken a solid beating from this experience, I did at least gain something out of it. After reaching peak insanity just this morning, I finally made up my mind to look at a book summary from the Blinkist site I paid $72 to access (which I actually don't regret) to find some answers, and amazingly enough I was able to find something pertinent. The summary was for a book titled "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity" by David Allen.

His strategy is quite advanced, but I do feel a great boost of confidence from it. The book goes into detail on how to optimize your productivity through basic project management. He lays out all the techniques needed to manage personal projects effectively and explains all of his ideas with great depth and clarity. I came out of this summary with half a page of notes, and I even experienced an immediate boost in concentration. And, most importantly, I managed to find an anti-addiction strategy for MMOs that I can be confident in. I don't feel I've perfected my coping technique just yet, but I do at least have a foundation for it at the moment, and I don't think I'll be relapsing anytime soon so I should have plenty of time to establish it (I still need to do a bit more research on the matter).

If anyone's interested, PM me for a copy/paste of the book summary. I'd like to keep it to PMs so I don't have to worry about any copyright nonsense.

20 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Ugh, I got hooked back into MMO gaming again. And as always, my grades dipped, my workload piled up, I'm put on weight again, and general feelings of depression and anxiety were sinking in, too. I was making such good progress too...

But see, here's the thing, I don't want to give up on MMO gaming completely since I am enjoying it immensely. Even though there are dangerously addicting elements to these games, I still enjoy the community aspect of them, and getting to raid with others is so refreshing. But I really need to manage my addiction better and stop falling back on my real-world obligations.

Now, while I'd definitely taken a solid beating from this experience, I did at least gain something out of it. After reaching peak insanity just this morning, I finally made up my mind to look at a book summary from the Blinkist site I paid $72 to access (which I actually don't regret) to find some answers, and amazingly enough I was able to find something pertinent. The summary was for a book titled "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity" by David Allen.

His strategy is quite advanced, but I do feel a great boost of confidence from it. The book goes into detail on how to optimize your productivity through basic project management. He lays out all the techniques needed to manage personal projects effectively and explains all of his ideas with great depth and clarity. I came out of this summary with half a page of notes, and I even experienced an immediate boost in concentration. And, most importantly, I managed to find an anti-addiction strategy for MMOs that I can be confident in. I don't feel I've perfected my coping technique just yet, but I do at least have a foundation for it at the moment, and I don't think I'll be relapsing anytime soon so I should have plenty of time to establish it (I still need to do a bit more research on the matter).

If anyone's interested, PM me for a copy/paste of the book summary. I'd like to keep it to PMs so I don't have to worry about any copyright nonsense.

Do not aim on eliminating or quitting an addiction of any kind since its impossible. You cannot force your system to changed instantly, you need to be gentle with it, give it some time. Instead of entirely not playing MMOs. try to minimize or limit the amount of time spend in playing these games, that's more realistic than attempting to stop playing it altogether, you'll only end up hating yourself for failing to achieve it... Anyways its not my place to judge... I'll send some ebooks both practical approach and or the more esoteric nature if your really desperate to get over your addiction Via PM that I believe will help you recover from your addiction if you're willing to do your part in breaking it... Hang in there buddy! 

Edited by Templarseeker

13 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

And, most importantly, I managed to find an anti-addiction strategy for MMOs that I can be confident in. I don't feel I've perfected my coping technique just yet, but I do at least have a foundation for it at the moment, and I don't think I'll be relapsing anytime soon so I should have plenty of time to establish it (I still need to do a bit more research on the matter).

Hope it works out for you. I'm still under strong impression my gaming habits can only be controlled through (relative) abstinence. The only non-VN game I'm allowing myself nowadays is one of those browser/mobile idle MMOs. It's pretty great for my predicament as there's simply not that much to do there beyond a fixed, daily routine and you are rewarded for consistency and planning rather than sheer time investment. And the stream of rewards and possibility of interacting with guildmates are still decent enough. At least it's enough most of the time - my RL friend recently ressurected the WoW account we shared in the past and even though I still really like that game, I felt little temptation to join in, as I know I'd just burn tons of time and end up with huge hangover, while the thing I play now is just way more manageable and guilt-free.

In general, I find my relapses into gaming rarer and less severe nowadays, but that's pretty much only through abstinence. I wouldn't trust any of it just on my willpower or discipline, as I have none. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

13 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Do not aim on eliminating or quitting an addiction of any kind since its impossible. You cannot force your system to changed instantly, you need to be gentle with it, give it some time. Instead of entirely not playing MMOs. try to minimize or limit the amount of time spend in playing these games, that's more realistic than attempting to stop playing it altogether, you'll only end up hating yourself for failing to achieve it... Anyways its not my place to judge... I'll send some ebooks both practical approach and or the more esoteric nature if your really desperate to get over your addiction Via PM that I believe will help you recover from your addiction if you're willing to do your part in breaking it... Hang in there buddy! 

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was hoping I could replace MMOs with just standard single player games, but even the best games just don't give me the same spark. I like to be able to compete in things and have a set of goals to go along with my gameplay, and I feel that most single player stuff just doesn't fulfill that role. And I think I still have a ways to go before I can feel like I can compete with people in a real-world setting since my brain isn't capable of it just yet.

But I am hoping I can implement some sort of balance between MMOs and single player games since the latter does provide the kind of satisfaction you can only get from completing a game (which is almost impossible to do with MMOs). Right now, my system involves playing MMOs 4 days a week, and single player 3 days a week, and I'm enforcing this with the Cold Turkey app I bought (it's a useful piece of software).

10 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Hope it works out for you. I'm still under strong impression my gaming habits can only be controlled through (relative) abstinence. The only non-VN game I'm allowing myself nowadays is one of those browser/mobile idle MMOs. It's pretty great for my predicament as there's simply not that much to do there beyond a fixed, daily routine and you are rewarded for consistency and planning rather than sheer time investment. And the stream of rewards and possibility of interacting with guildmates are still decent enough. At least it's enough most of the time - my RL friend recently ressurected the WoW account we shared in the past and even though I still really like that game, I felt little temptation to join in, as I know I'd just burn tons of time and end up with huge hangover, while the thing I play now is just way more manageable and guilt-free.

In general, I find my relapses into gaming rarer and less severe nowadays, but that's pretty much only through abstinence. I wouldn't trust any of it just on my willpower or discipline, as I have none. :P

There are idle MMOs? I played Kittens Game for a short while and found it very amusing, especially since it wasn't riddled with mtx. Didn't know they had MMOs of them.

Yeah, I still have WoW friends added on Facebook, lol. They sometimes nag me to go back, and so far I've managed to stay off. Nice thing about Runescape is some of the most valuable bosses to grind are always available and you don't have to be in a guild to farm the non-solo bosses. If I went back to WoW, I'd likely be tempted to jump into the raid scene again, and that pretty much requires me to play on a schedule (which I don't like the idea of). Granted, I could always just play it for completionist goals or making gold, but I feel Runescape handles those two aspects better. WoW's economy isn't bad, per se, but it's kinda stale due to it not having as many gold dumps or high-risk content (actually doesn't have any high-risk content). But if I can manage my obsession well enough with Runescape, I might switch off to WoW again just to play something different.

Added 4 more Neon Tetras to my Tropical Tank.

images-2-500x500.jpeg

(that picture is a stock image)

Did a water test beforehand, ph and other levels were perfect.

The 4 new ones are a tad smaller then the 6 I had in there already (new ones are either younger, or the 6 existing ones have grown somewhat due to being in a bigger tank with far less fish then at the pet store).

They assimilated pretty well. Until I turned the lights on....

The 6 existing fish know it's feeding time when I turn the lights on (they basically zip to the top of the water), but the 4 new fish didn't know what was happening (so they hid in a remote corner of the tank).

So I feed them more then I usually do, and eventually the 4 new fish catch on. Some of them dogfight with the existing fish, but I can't blame them, and it's harmless.

They've calmed down now, and their stripes are bright (if their stripes are faded, they are stressed).