Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

41 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Confession: It bothers me deeply to look at my country's history. We have so many controversial actions, I'm wondering if I'm being a traitor to be against my country's policy in many past events or if I'd be gobbling up propaganda if I supported them.

Don't worry, while Turkey has some particularly shitty policies when it goes to Armenian Genocide denial, nearly every country has a lot of nasty shit in their history and the nationalist propaganda tries to erase all those events or shift the blame onto others. Don't ever let them convince that you're in the wrong for acknowledging these facts and being able to look at your own country with a critical eye. That makes you a decent, open-minded person, not a "traitor".

46 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Confession: It bothers me deeply to look at my country's history. We have so many controversial actions, I'm wondering if I'm being a traitor to be against my country's policy in many past events or if I'd be gobbling up propaganda if I supported them.

Yep, I have some similar thoughts about my country. On the other hand, one thing I realized when thinking about it is that history is pretty much filled with propaganda. Real history is just a sequence of semi-random events, and quite a lot of countries try to chose one narrative of these events to make their country seem better compared to the others. :makina:

And, like @Plk_Lesiak said, quite a lot of countries did some controversial stuff in the past (and some continue doing it in the present).

Confession:

I have this nagging concern over having to defend myself for reading VNs, and though it hasn't happened yet, I feel like it will at some point and I don't really feel prepared for or interested in doing it. Like, I really really like the medium, and the stories at the end of the day put a a smile on my face or leave me glad for having read them (which is what I look for in a story), so I want to keep on reading them. At the same time, I'd prefer not to be judged and/or attacked for doing so. This all feels a bit silly, but it's not been as much of a concern before, as I've been reading more mainstream and popular stuff, like Steins;Gate and Clannad. The more I've been reading, though, the more I find myself being drawn to less mainstream stuff - relatively lighthearted romance titles in particular. That's the tip of the iceberg, too, though, as I'm now also interested in reading stuff like Fureraba and SukiSuki.

I'd made a recommendation thread a few months ago and one title that was listed was WagaHigh. I tried the demo and figure I want to read it since it ticks several of the boxes on my list - student council president heroine, tsundere heroine, great art, funny, and I also like the UI and settings and how many options there are. But yet, if I buy it on Steam and read it (which is what I'd prefer) I worry that one of my Steam friends might see that and go after me. Several won't care - I know that much, but some don't have as much tact or indifference as that. It'd be easy to say "just tell these people to mind their own business" or "stop talking to them" but in some cases I've been talking to some of these people regularly for several years and I enjoy doing so, and would very much prefer to keep things the way they are.

I'm not really sure what to do. I don't broadcast the fact that I read them, either and the only people I talk to about them are people who I trust and feel comfortable around, or people online like here where reading them is more of a commonality than not. It's frustrating, too, because usually I'd be one to say "what you do is your own business" and not care for others' opinions, and usually I'm not bothered by such criticism since I figure no matter what you do you can be stereotyped anyways, but for some reason this particular hobby and the concern about being stigmatized leaves me... Well, concerned, even though I know I shouldn't be. Hopefully this winds up being needless worry.

Confession: I've had some pretty nasty two weeks because of family issues, but life decided that it wasn't clear enough with it's stance on my humble person, so today my cat died. :notlikemiya:

My girlfriend make an observation that this seems like a good day to get drunk together and I honestly don't see any holes in that logic. I'm drinking to you guys then! 

乾杯!

3860331caf1b47381fd6255a074674ed13e1817d

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

2 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Confession: I've had some pretty nasty two weeks because of family issues, but life decided that it wasn't clear enough with it's stance on my humble person, so today my cat died. :notlikemiya:

My girlfriend make an observation that this seems like a good day to get drunk together and I honestly don't see any holes in that logic. I'm drinking to you guys then! 

乾杯!

Bloody hell.

Drink away but not astray.

3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

Hope you'll get through all of it mate! I also have family issues so I understand how frustrating or depressing it must be... :vinty:

My sincere condolences regarding your cat, I'm a cat lover too and understand the pain, mine died decades ago and I felt pretty lonely and ghastly for quite a while:amane:

At least not everything is lost, at the end of the day, there's always something to be grateful about despite how gloomy or hopeless a situation might appear...

Wish you all the best!:sachi:

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

That sucks man. I usually don't advocate drinking your grieves away, but sometimes you just need to give life that middle finger, and at least you are in good company and safe :sachi: 

I hope you come back feeling better. I'll have you in my thoughts.

16 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

So sorry to hear that man :(

Thank you @Mr Poltroon @Templarseeker @Thyndd @Funyarinpa for the kind words and sorry for dumping my problems onto everyone around here. I'm feeling quite better today (and not that much hungover, surprisingly). Drinking usually isn't my go-to coping mechanism, but it was actually my gf who got struck by all that stuff a bit more than me (especially the cat, who was for years her favourite pet and pretty much ignored all humans other than her when she was around), so, me binging VNs or anime alone like I usually do when I'm fed up with the world wouldn't do much to get her thoughts off all the crap that happened. As much as I can tell, I think it worked. :nico:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Thank you @Mr Poltroon @Templarseeker @Thyndd @Funyarinpa for the kind words and sorry for dumping my problems onto everyone around here. I'm feeling quite better today (and not that much hungover, surprisingly). Drinking usually isn't my go-to coping mechanism, but it was actually my gf who got struck by all that stuff a bit more than me (especially the cat, who was for years her favourite pet and pretty much ignored all humans other than her when she was around), so, me binging VNs or anime alone like I usually do when I'm fed up with the world wouldn't do much to get her thoughts off all the crap that happened. As much as I can tell, I think it worked. :nico:

Your welcome and it's alright to fall apart and be broken from time to time. Don't be ashamed of that. We're just human beings, we cope up with suffering by expressing through many kinds of outlets to expel it out of our systems. It's only a matter of time your going to feel a little better and refresh since you release it through writing which is actually a good thing.:sachi:

One of the harsh realities I learned throughout my life is that "pain" or "Suffering" will and shall always be part of our lives from past, present, future, until the moment the we descend onto Death's Door. :rize:

There's no avoiding that, however one productive and sure way in making our lives easier is to "Choose" what kind of pain your willing to suffer, the good kind of problem that you'll enjoy solving like playing a complicated video game or something similar. Choose your battles wisely and always work for yourself before others, it's not selfishness, its called self-preservation for you cannot help others if you don't help yourself first... 

Heheh sorry I kinda went off topic for I can sometimes become philosophical from time to time, one of few ways I know how to cope up and heal emotional pain quicker is through reflexology or acupressure. It's a better option than going to a psychiatrist or psychologist  and a waste of money in my opinion since they're busy asking you lame questions than treating the heart of the problem. :makina:

Although you'll just have to endure it since it's a little painful if your not familiar with and if its your first time, after the session you'll get instant results in a day! :mare:

Heck you can even learn it and treat yourself if your desperate or serious enough. I'll even give you a book about it if you like!:sacchan:

Anyways hope my advice helps and take care!:sachi:

18 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

I didn't see this until now. Sorry about your cat and I hope you and your gf got sufficiently shitfaced.

20 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Yeah, somehow these events know how to time themselves a little too well. :ph34r: Very sorry to hear about your cat dying. I still remember how hard it was for me to lose my dog. It wasn't because he died either; he became too destructive after spending a couple weeks at my cousin's house (a very regrettable choice). I wish you the best, and I hope you're able to resolve your family issues eventually.

Oh and please don't become an alcoholic! :mare:

On 5/15/2018 at 12:15 AM, snowbell55 said:

Confession:

I have this nagging concern over having to defend myself for reading VNs, and though it hasn't happened yet, I feel like it will at some point and I don't really feel prepared for or interested in doing it. Like, I really really like the medium, and the stories at the end of the day put a a smile on my face or leave me glad for having read them (which is what I look for in a story), so I want to keep on reading them. At the same time, I'd prefer not to be judged and/or attacked for doing so. This all feels a bit silly, but it's not been as much of a concern before, as I've been reading more mainstream and popular stuff, like Steins;Gate and Clannad. The more I've been reading, though, the more I find myself being drawn to less mainstream stuff - relatively lighthearted romance titles in particular. That's the tip of the iceberg, too, though, as I'm now also interested in reading stuff like Fureraba and SukiSuki.

I'd made a recommendation thread a few months ago and one title that was listed was WagaHigh. I tried the demo and figure I want to read it since it ticks several of the boxes on my list - student council president heroine, tsundere heroine, great art, funny, and I also like the UI and settings and how many options there are. But yet, if I buy it on Steam and read it (which is what I'd prefer) I worry that one of my Steam friends might see that and go after me. Several won't care - I know that much, but some don't have as much tact or indifference as that. It'd be easy to say "just tell these people to mind their own business" or "stop talking to them" but in some cases I've been talking to some of these people regularly for several years and I enjoy doing so, and would very much prefer to keep things the way they are.

I'm not really sure what to do. I don't broadcast the fact that I read them, either and the only people I talk to about them are people who I trust and feel comfortable around, or people online like here where reading them is more of a commonality than not. It's frustrating, too, because usually I'd be one to say "what you do is your own business" and not care for others' opinions, and usually I'm not bothered by such criticism since I figure no matter what you do you can be stereotyped anyways, but for some reason this particular hobby and the concern about being stigmatized leaves me... Well, concerned, even though I know I shouldn't be. Hopefully this winds up being needless worry.

I know I can be a bit of an idealist at times, so feel free to take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I really don't think friends should be an emotional burden.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:52 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Make your Steam library private. I don't think that many people will pry and you should know how to respond to each of them if they do. :)

On 5/15/2018 at 6:10 AM, Dreamysyu said:

Or you can always make a second Steam account.

Thank you both for the responses - they're really helpful. I think I'm just going to leave the account as is and if such a conversation happens then set it to private: it looks like they recently made an update so you can hide all game activity from people which is handy. Going to try not to worry about it, otherwise.  

23 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

:(. Really sorry to hear that :(. Losing a pet is not fun at all. Not sure what to say that might help, but I really hope things will ease up (dramatically!) and stop being so difficult and painful :(. There's one thing to add though re the cat - take as long as you need to to process everything. Even if it takes 6 months, or 6 years, you'll probably know when you're "okay" but don't put yourself on some sort of timeline and then attack yourself for still struggling to deal with its passing. 

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I know I can be a bit of an idealist at times, so feel free to take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I really don't think friends should be an emotional burden.

Oh no it helps a lot. I agree completely with you, and I think it's part of the reason I'm so concerned - I like talking to them otherwise and don't want to be wrong about having trusted them as much as I do. 

Edited by snowbell55

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

It's nice to hear that you're feeling better today, and I'm sorry about your loss. Loosing pets is always painful. :yumiko:

On 2018-05-15 at 8:57 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

乾杯!

Sorry to hear that, sometimes life really has it in for you it feels like, hope you are doing better now.