Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I was browsing new VN releases on Steam, saw something called Ascendant Hearts. Looked quite trashy, but art wasn't bad. I've checked it out on VNDB, found this description: "Hayato lived an ordinary life until he wakes up one day with amnesia… and finds himself in a world closer to the video games he plays than the world he remembers."

That's the first part of the game's description. On a successful kickstarted campaign. How is this...? Who...? I don't even... :notlikemiya:

16 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Confession: I was browsing new VN releases on Steam, saw something called Ascendant Hearts. Looked quite trashy, but art wasn't bad. I've checked it out on VNDB, found this description: "Hayato lived an ordinary life until he wakes up one day with amnesia… and finds himself in a world closer to the video games he plays than the world he remembers."

That's the first part of the game's description. On a successful kickstarted campaign. How is this...? Who...? I don't even... :notlikemiya:

'amnesia' refers to memory loss. It does not necessarily denote total memory loss. It could be as simple as forgetting who you are, for instance.
I've seen anime about this very same stunt, where the only memories that remain relate to the common sense of the previous world.

At any rate, the VN looked pretty funny when I looked at the screenshots.

Spoiler

qLe1AMx.png

9 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

'amnesia' refers to memory loss. It does not necessarily denote total memory loss. It could be as simple as forgetting who you are, for instance.
I've seen anime about this very same stunt, where the only memories that remain relate to the common sense of the previous world.

At any rate, the VN looked pretty funny when I looked at the screenshots.

But why mention amnesia in the first place, after stating he lived a normal life and remember what the previous world was like? :P I will probably check it out at some point, but it still amuses me that you can start presenting your game with something like that and stick with it for extended period of time. ;]

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Confession: I'll be immigrating to Canada next September for university. My three main options thus far are British Columbia (UBC), Toronto (UofT) and McGill. Toronto is the most prestigious university in Canada and is pretty much my dream school, and I got admitted this week. However, it costs almost $70 000 (Canadian dollars) a year. That's enough to buy a two-bedroom house in Turkey. Even though my family is quite well off, we'd be stretching our finances to the limit for me to attend UofT. Compare this with McGill, which costs only $45 000 a year. It's madness for me to even consider Toronto in comparison to that (a difference of $25 000!).  UBC is somewhere between the two. (Didn't receive an offer from McGill or UBC yet.) 

I want to tell my parents to send me to McGill, but the thing is, I deeply want to attend Toronto still. The decision is weighing on my mind. If I decide to go to McGill, I might have to hide how disappointed I'll be over being unable to attend University of Toronto and I don't want to burden my parents with that... 

Edited by Funyarinpa

35 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Confession: I'll be immigrating to Canada next September for university. My three main options thus far are British Columbia (UBC), Toronto (UofT) and McGill. Toronto is the most prestigious university in Canada and is pretty much my dream school, and I got admitted this week. However, it costs almost $70 000 (Canadian dollars) a year. That's enough to buy a two-bedroom house in Turkey. Even though my family is quite well off, we'd be stretching our finances to the limit for me to attend UofT. Compare this with McGill, which costs only $45 000 a year. It's madness for me to even consider Toronto in comparison to that (a difference of $25 000!).  UBC is somewhere between the two. (Didn't receive an offer from McGill or UBC yet.) 

I want to tell my parents to send me to McGill, but the thing is, I deeply want to attend Toronto still. The decision is weighing on my mind. If I decide to go to McGill, I might have to hide how disappointed I'll be over being unable to attend University of Toronto and I don't want to burden my parents with that... 

Are you hoping to stay in Canada, or emigrate to another western country after graduating, or you're more likely coming back home? I think this is an important factor, in Turkey or in Eastern Europe a diploma from a major North-American university is a huge thing, even if it's not from the best-of-the-best. If you want to settle there for good, graduating from University of Toronto could be an important factor - I mean, I can't really imagine the Canadian government kicking someone like that out.

70000 CAD per year though... I have to admit, for someone who've spent so many years on a public, tuition-free university it's a bit unimaginable. :unsure:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

13 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Are you hoping to stay in Canada, or emigrate to another western country after graduating, or you're more likely coming back home? I think this is an important factor, in Turkey or in Eastern Europe a diploma from a major North-American university is a huge thing, even if it's not from the best-of-the-best. If you want to settle there for good, graduating from University of Toronto could be an important factor - I mean, I can't really imagine the Canadian government kicking someone like that out.

70000 CAD per year though... I have to admit, for someone who've spent so many years on a public, tuition-free university it's a bit unimaginable. :unsure:

I don't plan on coming back to Turkey permanently before being put into my coffin... 

Confession.

I never really listen to any of the BGM of a VN I always kind of prefer to play my own music even if I'm playing one that supposedly has really good tunes. I always feel like I can find a better song that fits the scene and for the most part I think I do pretty well. That desire has definitely added to my music library for all the times I spent trying to find a song or artist who would be good for a particular scene.

6 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Confession.

I never really listen to any of the BGM of a VN I always kind of prefer to play my own music even if I'm playing one that supposedly has really good tunes. I always feel like I can find a better song that fits the scene and for the most part I think I do pretty well. That desire has definitely added to my music library for all the times I spent trying to find a song or artist who would be good for a particular scene.

you're doing yourself a disservice tbh

Edited by Funyarinpa

Confession: I had read through a very large portion of this thread as a lurker, starting quite a while ago, simply because I was bored and figured this kind of thread would have amusing content. I've come to the conclusion that there is both amusing content here, as well as simply interesing conversations. :P

2 hours ago, eris said:

Confession: I didn't like Fate/Stay Night.

GO EASY ON ME

Extra Confession: I tried to get through Fate/Stay Night, but I simply couldn't get myself interested enough to even get past the beginning part of the game. So I get where you are coming from. :P

Confession: I'm thinking of dropping out of the university that I am currently at to chase my dreams and go to another that I originally planned to go to. Thing is, the one that I want to go to is a private university and it is pretty expensive ($34,822 for tuition and fees) but it has always been my dream to go there and study. I don't know if I should just give up on my dreams or chase them anyway. 

2 hours ago, Andromis said:

Confession: I'm thinking of dropping out of the university that I am currently at to chase my dreams and go to another that I originally planned to go to. Thing is, the one that I want to go to is a private university and it is pretty expensive ($34,822 for tuition and fees) but it has always been my dream to go there and study. I don't know if I should just give up on my dreams or chase them anyway. 

I think it's a dream worth chasing after, especially if you've not been able to find many friends or worthwhile activities in your current school. University is a special time. 

2 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

I think it's a dream worth chasing after, especially if you've not been able to find many friends or worthwhile activities in your current school. University is a special time. 

That's true, even though maybe I should just finish my semester here and see where that leads me. Money is also an issue because as I said, I don't really have the $34,822 for the tuition and fees. Even with grants, scholarships and financial aid I'd still have nowhere near enough to pay for it. I guess I could take out a loan, but that's how you end up getting screwed over in the long run <_<

Edit: Just found out from the university's main website that it's $47,000 to go there. And that's even with a discount I get for being a resident of the state.

Edited by Andromis

8 hours ago, Andromis said:

That's true, even though maybe I should just finish my semester here and see where that leads me. Money is also an issue because as I said, I don't really have the $34,822 for the tuition and fees. Even with grants, scholarships and financial aid I'd still have nowhere near enough to pay for it. I guess I could take out a loan, but that's how you end up getting screwed over in the long run <_<

Edit: Just found out from the university's main website that it's $47,000 to go there. And that's even with a discount I get for being a resident of the state.

Ow. Man. 

6 hours ago, eris said:

Confession: I'm a lonely weeb, but I don't like drinking or people so that's 99.9% my fault. :P ANIME WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT ME.

Confession: I feel quite similar. I think to myself quite often "ah, I'm so glad I have visual novels - the characters will always be there, they won't hurt me (OK this one's debatable... thanks, nakige) and I can be someone else in another world. VISUAL NOVELS WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT ME."

16 hours ago, Andromis said:

If you still haven't done that, find someone who studies or recently graduated from that university and ask them about how things there are different from where you study right now. They also can point out possible drawbacks that are not widely known. The more information you have about that place, the lesser is the probability that you'll regret your decision. It may be a good idea to find people from there on different social media and ask around. Don't fully rely on what the official sources are saying, they are often not telling full truths to get more students.

Also, if you're planning to apply for a higher level degree after you graduate, then another possible way of action would be getting you current degree where you study right now and then transfer to that university. Though note that if the quality of education is much higher there, then it might be tricky.

5 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

If you still haven't done that, find someone who studies or recently graduated from that university and ask them about how things there are different from where you study right now. They also can point out possible drawbacks that are not widely known. The more information you have about that place, the lesser is the probability that you'll regret your decision. It may be a good idea to find people from there on different social media and ask around. Don't fully rely on what the official sources are saying, they are often not telling full truths to get more students.

Also, if you're planning to apply for a higher level degree after you graduate, then another possible way of action would be getting you current degree where you study right now and then transfer to that university. Though note that if the quality of education is much higher there, then it might be tricky.

That's actually a good idea, I may just do that. Thanks.

Confession: This is something I've kept hidden for a long time now and I think it's time to say it....

I don't like moege. I know. You guys probably thought I did, but that's the truth. Sorry to blindside you guys with such a revelation. :sachi:

(I don't know why I did this. I need help) 

15 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Confession: This is something I've kept hidden for a long time now and I think it's time to say it....

I don't like moege. I know. You guys probably thought I did, but that's the truth. Sorry to blindside you guys with such a revelation. :sachi:

(I don't know why I did this. I need help) 

FINALLY, I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS GODFORSAKEN PLACE

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I have a confession as well... Guys... I like moege. I know, I need help. :notlikemiya:

Quit copying my posts cuckold. :sachi:

Probably should've used the word Bandwagoning instead. God, that English test was right about my vocabulary. 

Edited by VirginSmasher