Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I seem to violate the vast majority of the guidelines above...
Therefore, I shall assume those are meant solely for those with difficulty sleeping. Which would not be my case, usually.

Exceptions occur when I decide to binge a manga at night or when I'm having to sleep in high temperatures.

Only the 1st, 6th, 7th, and 8th bullets apply to people who can sleep well. The others are for insomniacs. :wahaha:

I don't usually have insomnia, so when I mess up badly my sleeping schedule I just have to pull an all nighter, then next day go to sleep at the desired hour and job done. However, lately even if I don't sleep at all during the day when I go to sleep I wake up in about 2 hours and I'm unable to fall asleep again. I've been having these insomnia problems for about a month now. The advice you provided will prove useful to me as well, I hope. ^_^

I made it to 4.5 hours last night! :mare: Wow, this is kicking in surprisingly fast. I was a little worried that I might be going the whole week on just 1-2 hours.

5 hours ago, Thyndd said:

I don't usually have insomnia, so when I mess up badly my sleeping schedule I just have to pull an all nighter, then next day go to sleep at the desired hour and job done. However, lately even if I don't sleep at all during the day when I go to sleep I wake up in about 2 hours and I'm unable to fall asleep again. I've been having these insomnia problems for about a month now. The advice you provided will prove useful to me as well, I hope. ^_^

One thing I've had to learn the hard way is to remain disciplined and stick to a sleep schedule no matter what. It's noticeably hard to do when I'm going out somewhere or playing a highly addicting video game, but I don't think I'll have commitment issues after this. The sleep deprivation I've been putting myself through to fix my insomnia has been completely and utterly brutal.

Good thing you picked it up so soon, though. Don't do what I did and wait more than 5 years to fix your sleep issues, lol.

3 hours ago, Akshay said:

Try counting waifus~

If I was counting Rems all night, I'd never sleep. :vinty:

If I was having trouble sleeping, I'll just breath really hard like your usual inhale/exhale kind of meditation breathing technique. If that's not enough and you have a bad case of Insomnia, reflexology usually helps a lot and makes me sleep much faster, also I drink a couple of glass of hot milk before sleeping if I haven't forgot to buy them at the convenience store :sachi:

Hmm... You could also try resorting to acupuncture if your not afraid of needles since it promotes the natural healing of the human body and insomnia is a irregularity made manifest. Much more better and healthier than resorting to drugs and western medicines since it kills your kidney and bladder I suppose. :vinty:

Edited by Templarseeker

On 03/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, Kenshin_sama said:
  • Don't watch TV or read in bed. If you need to read to relax, do it outside of your bedroom.
  • Don't take naps during the day unless you absolutely need one to drive a car or perform dangerous tasks. Even then, don't nap for more than 30 minutes.
  • If you can help it, never deviate from your sleep schedule.
  • Try setting up a cooldown time about an hour or two before you sleep. When I'm about to sleep, I allocate two hours every night to take a hot shower, read books, and drink my non-caffeinated bedtime tea.

Whaaaaat. But these are the ones I violate the most!

My sleeping habits are simple: If I feel sleepy, I sleep, unless I'm doing something I have to finish (I am at work) or am doing something I want to finish (reading/gaming).
Mid-day naps are almost every day, and I tend to read in bed for a couple of hours before falling asleep.

But since I don't have trouble sleeping, it also often happens that I'm tired when I go to bed, so I just sleep immediately.

In conclusion: I consider my sleeping habits fairly healthy except when something compels me to stay awake. Generally speaking, though, I do tend to avoid staying awake to long.
(On the other hand, I often wake up in the middle of the night a couple of times, so something may be wrong after all. Not a problem, though, since waking up in the middle of the night means I can fall asleep again!)

Alright. Enough of inadvertently rubbing salt in other people's wounds. My apologies.

Confession:
I'm too much of a penny pincher so I use the clothes that don't fit me properly any more as pajamas.

Damn Tiago, you're about as salty as PF Chang’s Hot and Sour Soup Bowl right now, lol. :salt:

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

(On the other hand, I often wake up in the middle of the night a couple of times, so something may be wrong after all. Not a problem, though, since waking up in the middle of the night means I can fall asleep again!)

Ideally, you should be able to sleep all the way through without waking up.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I'm too much of a penny pincher so I use the clothes that don't fit me properly any more as pajamas.

That's better than what I do. :notlikemiya: I have been mulling over buying PJs lately.

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I bet you feel like shit now, huh? :(

Actually, i told him not to watch it, which was like a trigger for him to do it regardless of what i said.

He apparently watched 4 episodes, and is telling me that he has to see it through till the end :holo:

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

I read Euphoria when I was 16 and Starless when I was 17 and I think they collectively broke something in me lol

Euphoria does some good stuff with its story but Starless manages to go even fucking wilder with the sex. 

When getting fucked by 2 pigs is the mildest thing that happen in Starless, you know you're in to a treat. 

Confession: I think I need to up my dosage of depression medication.  Lately I've been lacking any motivation to do anything besides go to work and play BotW, and I get bummed out really easily.  The weird thing is that when I was off them entirely, I wasn't as depressed as I am now, and I started taking them again about a month ago.