Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Bragfession: GOT 118 (OUT OF 120) FROM TOEFL

ONE ONE FUCKING EIGHT

JESUS FUCK HOW DID I DO THAT (LITERATURE DEPARTMENTS OF UNIVERSITIES IN THE UK/US/CA WANT 110+)

AAAAAAA

confession part 2: the best thing about this is that I won't have to make my parents spend $185 on retaking it now

Edited by Funyarinpa

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

Bragfession: GOT 118 (OUT OF 120) FROM TOEFL

ONE ONE FUCKING EIGHT

JESUS FUCK HOW DID I DO THAT (LITERATURE DEPARTMENTS OF UNIVERSITIES IN THE UK/US/CA WANT 110+)

AAAAAAA

Dunno what the test is like but congrats, I'd imagine you probably got a better score than most native speakers would :makina:

12 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Dunno what the test is like but congrats, I'd imagine you probably got a better score than most native speakers would :makina:

Top level universities want 110 from the test, for literature departments at that, so this will get me pretty much anywhere the next two years in terms of English. 

I thank Fuwa, anime Twitter and 4chan for this achievement. 

14 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Top level universities want 110 from the test, for literature departments at that, so this will get me pretty much anywhere the next two years in terms of English. 

I thank Fuwa, anime Twitter and 4chan for this achievement. 

You should also thank Professor Poltroon for the great inspiration he has given you in the topic of English Language and proper writing.
Mostly in the "don't do it like me" department.

5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

You should also thank Professor Poltroon for the great inspiration he has given you in the topic of English Language and proper writing.
Mostly in the "don't do it like me" department.

Surely you jest, for it was my insufficient and unwholesome imitation of your artistry that has granted upon me this esteemed linguistic pedigree. 

2 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Surely you jest, for it was my insufficient and unwholesome imitation of your artistry that has granted upon me this esteemed linguistic pedigree. 

Why, quite so. I do indeed jest.
Do permit me a simple elaboration.

When one goes on to learn an art, there's an early period where said person fancies himself a masterful connoisseur of the art in question. Be it language or gardening, the period shortly after learning enough that any one would consider you "slightly above average" is the most guilty of this issue.

At such a point many would think to display their excellence, or, to be more accurate, their perceived excellence. I was one such example, for example. By purposefully choosing to opt for the more atypical words, I was demonstrating my 'vast' knowledge of vocabulary and sentence structure... by building the most awkward and incomprehensible sentences around.
And therefore, I gained the reputation of being more formal than is customary, a title I shall proudly wear forevermore.

I was, however, recently defenestrated from my throne. Indeed, the joy I once saw in such matters is no more, and these days I've come to prefer making simple puns with the language. Occasionally elaborating something more elaborate.
This, too, is normal. The better one person becomes at a craft, the better they can identify the flaws they, or someone else, commit. It is consequential that they then be humbled and grow less prone to flaunting.

Why this elaboration then? I intended to build this up to eventually say that, as of recently, I have indeed come to perceive your... more developed posts as a peerless impersonation of my former style.
Excellent. As I once said, "more of me can only be a good thing".

On 12/15/2016 at 8:13 PM, Eclipsed said:

I swear if I get a B in my JP class I'ma

~~
Anyways, skoo's done 4 me 4 this year, time 4 Steins;Gate 4!@!E$453tygrhyngjmh,uli8o;0pFKING YEE---------------------------------------

So i went from 90.X% to 95% in my JP class, ez pz, jk, the points came from l0l'participation' and l0l'attendance' apparently, i guess my sensei pumped in these points to inflate errbody's grades to save them borderline C slackers, but man for me to to be able to jump up 5% from that especially at the endgame is insanely generous, i worried about my borderline A all semester for nuttin ><

Though supposedly the next sensei higher up is a fierce one that definitely won't do no EXCs, gotta step the game up, glhf me i forgot all my katakanas already cuz barely used

On 2/24/2016 at 5:11 PM, Eclipsed said:

Kaiser Permanente pharmacy inventory season is starting again, so we had orientation the other day.

We had like 8 new people show up, I'm thinking only like 2 will actually become regulars since the shifts for Kaiser are inconvenient (late afternoons / evenings; most people in this job are available early mornings only).

Anyways, I got my eye on my successor (I'm busy with skoo so I can only do Kaisers on weekends). 

We'll call him J. Even my co-workers and Supervisors were like, "Yo Eclipsed, J will be your successor"

Why?

Cuz he's the only other asian to have joined (and stick around) since me :makina:.

Holy shi, J really is my successor, and has officially surpassed me now since he's being promoted to an Inventory Supervisor, awk

They grow up so fast, i watched this guy start off as a deadweight counter, slow as fuh, then he joined our pharmacy inventory team, still slow as fuh, then 6 months later he slowly but surely started to rise and be on par with my count speed, prob faster since I'm washed up now >.> and now a year later he's da readies to supervise

Though actually, I'm also going to be bumped up to that position, my Area Manager has been pushing for it over the past year now actually #cuzI'msogood but i was always like 'l0l nope i got skools srrz' but now that J is surpassing me I finally jumped the gun, gotta one up him ya kno. And dat base pay increase. And mileage. And opportunity to be like 'oh ya, i am/was a supervisor, i gots dem leadership skillz and whatnot'

Since they know I'm a busy bee my AM assures me that I'll be more of a backup part time Supervisor for running them small random mall stores on the weekend or something(lies they're gonna super pressure me when they really need me and it's gonna be during midterms/finals week just watch), J's the one they'll groom into the next major full timer

...Which also means his promotional raise offered according to my intel is a whopping dollar more than me, fk i lost. 

54 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Holy shi, J really is my successor, and has officially surpassed me now since he's being promoted to an Inventory Supervisor, awk

They grow up so fast, i watched this guy start off as a deadweight counter, slow as fuh, then he joined our pharmacy inventory team, still slow as fuh, then 6 months later he slowly but surely started to rise and be on par with my count speed, prob faster since I'm washed up now >.> and now a year later he's da readies to supervise

Though actually, I'm also going to be bumped up to that position, my Area Manager has been pushing for it over the past year now actually #cuzI'msogood but i was always like 'l0l nope i got skools srrz' but now that J is surpassing me I finally jumped the gun, gotta one up him ya kno. And dat base pay increase. And mileage. And opportunity to be like 'oh ya, i am/was a supervisor, i gots dem leadership skillz and whatnot'

Since they know I'm a busy bee my AM assures me that I'll be more of a backup part time Supervisor for running them small random mall stores on the weekend or something(lies they're gonna super pressure me when they really need me and it's gonna be during midterms/finals week just watch), J's the one they'll groom into the next major full timer

...Which also means his promotional raise offered according to my intel is a whopping dollar more than me, fk i lost. 

I always enjoy reading your work trials and tribulations, for many reasons, but possibly chief among those reasons is that I get to think, "I'm glad I don't have to do whatever he does, because it sounds boring as fuck."