Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I'm currently playing Tales of Zestiria on PS4 and I have to admit that I'm loving this game! The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, the charaters' dialogues in the skits are almost always funny as hell, and the gameplay is much more fluid and the combat mechanism doesn't confuse me like almost all others JRPGs used to.

I saw some pretty harsh opinions about this game and I have to say that I completely disagree with them.

1 minute ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Confession: I blew all of my money on stuff I want rather than stuff I need or is actually important, again! :michiru: I'm really the type that loves to spend my money on the stuff I want.

Been there. I just spent waaay too much money on VNs this month myself. (And the stupid backerkit on Corona Blossom vol.2 made me buy 60$ worth of extra stuff in addons. Damnit Frontwing, I need to eat! :pyaa: )

Just now, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

I spent my money on a 50$ Steam card and got myself Universe Sandbox 2, and was planning to save the rest for Libra of the Vampire Princess until I found out it was delayed to March and so I spent the rest on the complete Crypt of the NecroDancer soundtrack. In addition, I purchased the first volume of the light novel Re:Zero from Chapters. All this when I was actually planning to save that money on bus tickets to get around and other necessities.

Meh, who needs buses. You can walk! Games are more important! :mare:  (I am not a good role model. No one should ever listen to my advice.)

It was a shame with the Libra delay, but it will be worth the wait once it comes out. (Some of the CGs in that game... so great.)

3 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Yeah, but it's understandable. If you look at the overall progress on its Kickstarter page, you'll see that the VN is clearly unfinished and the devs need extra time.

Same. I'm really hyped for Libra not only for its massive potential, but because it'll be the first VN to come out on Steam and be provided with a free 18+ patch as DLC. The devs of the game are smart and knows the great potential for Steam, so unlike other companies, MiKandi Japan is going around and making it accessible to a all audiences.

Indeed, they are doing a very good job. I also love the way they are so active and responsive with their fans. They have an account on Fuwanovel, which was commenting just about daily for the duration of their kickstarter, and responded to all questions that were asked. Very nice to see that attitude from companies like these.

Confession: I really need a decent and stable job so I could support my hobbies!:pyaa:

All this talk about games reminds me of that! Oh I really want to buy "The Silver Case" and "Masquerada: Songs And Shadows" available on GOG.Com :miyako:

Too bad I'm broke as hell and I need to save enough money to replace my fried out USB Flash Drives due to an unfortunate event!:rimu:

13 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

(the dispute between the CEO and a fan patcher seems to back this up).

If you want to call someone distributing pirated copies of Sekai Project's intellectual property a "fan patcher", I think it's more than a little disingenuous, and while Dovac made a mess of the communication, there's no doubt who was in the right in that little tiff, in my mind.

FWIW, I find it pretty funny that Sekai Project came in with an announcement that they'd be delaying Root Double by a month and got absolutely roasted for it, while Mikandi came in with a 4-month delay announcement and is being praised for their great communication. Double standard much, guys? To be clear, I don't fault Mikandi for the four-month delay announcement (looking at the screenshots on their website, I'm delighted to hear that it is yet to be edited and that they still have plenty of time for that...), and I'm looking forward to the game; I'm just a little annoyed at the community's clear biases.

13 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Confession: I really need a decent and stable job so I could support my hobbies!:pyaa:

Can confirm, having a stable full-time job to support weeb hobbies is nice :holo:

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

FWIW, I find it pretty funny that Sekai Project came in with an announcement that they'd be delaying Root Double by a month and got absolutely roasted for it, while Mikandi came in with a 4-month delay announcement and is being praised for their great communication.

Really? You find it funny that a company that has a history of handling their public image in a manner that ranges from somewhat decent at best, down to extremely poorly is receiving more backlash than a company that so far has done nothing to upset the self entitled Visual novel fan base?

Yeah personally I find it funny that Donald Trump is receiving backlash for saying he grabs females by the pussy, I mean, who wouldn't want to do that?

4 hours ago, atorq said:

Really? You find it funny that a company that has a history of handling their public image in a manner that ranges from somewhat decent at best, down to extremely poorly is receiving more backlash than a company that so far has done nothing to upset the self entitled Visual novel fan base?

Yeah personally I find it funny that Donald Trump is receiving backlash for saying he grabs females by the pussy, I mean, who wouldn't want to do that?

Yes? That's a textbook double standard: criticizing someone you don't like for an action you didn't criticize in someone you do like.

I guess you're trying to say it's okay to apply double standards when one party deserves it? Uhh. No. That's a textbook example of being an asshat.

At any rate, somehow I'm not surprised to see an objection to this coming from someone who, when attempting to present an argument for a position, opts for a red herring.

3 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yes? That's a textbook double standard: criticizing someone you don't like for an action you didn't criticize in someone you do like.

I guess you're trying to say it's okay to apply double standards when one party deserves it? Uhh. No. That's a textbook example of being an asshat.

At any rate, somehow I'm not surprised to see an objection to this coming from someone who, when attempting to present an argument for a position, opts for a red herring.

Asshat is good word, I'll take that. But unlike what you seem to think my point was not that it's not a double standard, my point was that I don't find basic everyday human behavior, especially such due to the circumstances predictable behavior, particularly amusing.  

So I got a B on my midterm, fk life

Alotta the class did pretty badly tho, so good ol' sensei's giving us extra credit - you can redo/write problems you missed for up to 50% points missed reimbursed

Also can get 5 pts for taking a picture of yourself eating some JP fud I forgot what it was called but ya i rounded up my jp acquantainces and we're planning to go this weekend, yay socializing

And another 5 pts for coming dressed up for Halloween next week

Time for me to do some cosplay?? :rimu:

Confession: Today I just finished all route in rewrite including Moon and Terra 

my friends told me before feel/saddest route is Terra But I don't feel anything with Terra route 

i'm the one weird here or my friends? Or I just missing something? :michiru:

For me feel trip Kotori route last part Kotori parents hit me like truck :komari: