Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: For some reason a purchase I made that showed up on my bank statement is no longer there and I'm wondering if I should be worried about that or not.

On one hand I might be able to get away with $500 of free money, but on the other hand I might end up with fraud charges. I probably should call my bank...

Edit: Alright, I decided to call them. Turns out sometimes a purchase can fall off the statement, but it should come back up sometime within a week, and maybe a month. I'll have to make sure I keep that amount in my bank when it does come back up, lol.

Edit 2: You know, I'm kinda glad I decided to call them. A short time after I called, I realized that this might be one of their tricks to get me to overdraft. I keep forgetting I'm not allowed to trust my bank.

7 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Edit 2: You know, I'm kinda glad I decided to call them. A short time after I called, I realized that this might be one of their tricks to get me to overdraft. I keep forgetting I'm not allowed to trust my bank.

Heh, at least that would indicate some level of intelligence on their part. My bank routinely locks me out of my account whenever I back something off of kickstarter, blocks my payments for my housing fees, and I'm convinced they are somehow responsible for why I can never buy anything from Mangagamer. They even tried to give me all of my sister's money when she made her account independent from our parents.  

Alriiiight, suck it, I'm pretty sure I got a 100% on my full 46 char Hiragana quiz, 

Then all of a sudden next week''s quiz will be vocab and writing basic conversational phrases like introducing your name and country origin, stating nationality + language,  counting anywhere from 1 to 99, asking/answering what time it is, the difference between sore wa, kore wa, and are wa, all the different look / read / write / listen / speak /// mite / yonde / kaite / kite / itte FK MY LIFE OMFG I STILL HAVE AN UP-TO-3 SECOND PROCESSING DELAY PER HIRAGANA HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE OUT ENTIRE PHRASES THIS IS IMPOSSI-BULL

On 9/13/2016 at 1:07 AM, Shikomizue said:

Hm? I didn't know you played Smash. What are your mains if you have any?

Ya I dun talk about my 3DS as much as my Vita cuz I'm a Playstation biased shill

I tend to play lighties or heavies... Pikachu, Kirby, Metaknight, Bowser, Charizard, Ganondorf though it's not like I'm any good them :angel:

I also like Zero Samus cuz yum

~~

Speaking of which, dun play at 12:00am pst, there's no more casuals, only combo-y / projectile camping try hards, my win rate for last 10 matches is 10%, rofl

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Alriiiight, suck it, I'm pretty sure I got a 100% on my full 46 char Hiragana quiz, 

Then all of a sudden next week''s quiz will be vocab and writing basic conversational phrases like introducing your name and country origin, stating nationality + language,  counting anywhere from 1 to 99, asking/answering what time it is, the difference between sore wa, kore wa, and are wa, all the different look / read / write / listen / speak /// mite / yonde / kaite / kite / itte FK MY LIFE OMFG I STILL HAVE AN UP-TO-3 SECOND PROCESSING DELAY PER HIRAGANA HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE OUT ENTIRE PHRASES THIS IS IMPOSSI-BULL

Make sure your exposed to Japanese everyday, being in weeb chats really helps with that btw.

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Honestly, this is the part where your being a weeb should give you a huge advantage. Don't you already know most of those? Like Kawasumi said, immersion will help a lot. Watch some subbed anime for your breaks or something and listen carefully and it'll help solidify this stuff.

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

One week after learning the hiragana? Wtf? Vocabulary and writing basics, ok. Counting from 1-10, okay. (Once you have those down, you can count to 99 as well, fair enough.)

But all the other crap crammed into one test, a simple week after learning hiragana? That is absurd. Not to mention verbs in the second week?! Dafuq?! What book are these people following? (Sweet lord don't say Genki, because if that is the case, they are literally doing it wrong.)

I mean, I already know Japanese, and I find myself rather swamped right now, because of all the stuff I have to turn in. I don't have to learn it beforehand, I just have to write it down and hand it in. You must be in hell, lol.

Well, best of luck Eclipsed, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

頑張ってください! :sachi:  

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

One week after learning the hiragana? Wtf? Vocabulary and writing basics, ok. Counting from 1-10, okay. (Once you have those down, you can count to 99 as well, fair enough.)

But all the other crap crammed into one test, a simple week after learning hiragana? That is absurd. Not to mention verbs in the second week?! Dafuq?! What book are these people following? (Sweet lord don't say Genki, because if that is the case, they are literally doing it wrong.)

I mean, I already know Japanese, and I find myself rather swamped right now, because of all the stuff I have to turn in. I don't have to learn it beforehand, I just have to write it down and hand it in. You must be in hell, lol.

Well, best of luck Eclipsed, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

頑張ってください! :sachi:  

I'm just complaining, we're technically going onto week 4 now and have been learning these things as we were learning our Hiraganas :wafuu: 

Wtf are you saying?! Are those Kanji in the beginning :pyaa: I see something something small tsu = double consonant so it's '___tte kudasai!'

Ganbatte kudasai?!

Uhh, ええと, はい, 頑張ります!

13 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

GANBARE! 

School- (1) the outgoing friendly nerd (in classes I'm comfortable in and know everybody) - always going around talking to and helping everybody with classwork all day errday. OR (2) the introverted stoic- 'specially in bigass lecture halls. You can forget trying to build relations with new people there, due to the 'come in, take notes, then leave' environment.

Work- the earnest hardworker. Quiet, but gets the job done and tries to maintain a neutral-positive relation with everybody

Home- the sloth who minds his own business. I actually rarely talk to my fam fam, we all just each do our own thing most of the day and then maybe gather for din din or some TV and then back to doing our own thang

High school BFFs- the loud, obnoxious prick. You ever see that annoying ass group of teens/youngadults talking and laughing so loud and making a big scene out of everything? Mhmmm.

Fuwa- the spammy, trolly, diary-esque "What-weeby-things-he-did-today" infodumping pleb

These are my five personalities upon mucho reflectionos after hearing some people at work talking about how it's funny people have different personalities to suit their current environment 

14 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

School- (1) the outgoing friendly nerd (in classes I'm comfortable in and know everybody) - always going around talking to and helping everybody with classwork all day errday. OR (2) the introverted stoic- 'specially in bigass lecture halls. You can forget trying to build relations with new people there, due to the 'come in, take notes, then leave' environment.

Work- the earnest hardworker. Quiet, but gets the job done and tries to maintain a neutral-positive relation with everybody

Home- the sloth who minds his own business. I actually rarely talk to my fam fam, we all just each do our own thing most of the day and then maybe gather for din din or some TV and then back to doing our own thang

High school BFFs- the loud, obnoxious prick. You ever see that annoying ass group of teens/youngadults talking and laughing so loud and making a big scene out of everything? Mhmmm.

Fuwa- the spammy, trolly, diary-esque "What-weeby-things-he-did-today" infodumping pleb

These are my five personalities upon mucho reflectionos after hearing some people at work talking about how it's funny people have different personalities to suit their current environment 

I'll do this too.

School- Loud jackass that always jokes around. In class, the enthusiastic question-asker type.

Work- What's that? Can you eat it?

Home- Yep, doing my own thing in my own room 95% of the time.

High school BFFs- refer above.

Fuwa- Funyarinpa is my name, And Fuwa is my nation; This thread my dwelling place, the waifus my destination.  

19 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

School - quiet nerd who keeps to himself

Work - quiet nerd who keeps to himself

Home - quiet nerd who keeps to himself

High school BFFs - quiet nerd who keeps to himself

Fuwa - dank meme shitposter

OnTrac is a bunch of dimwits, they're the only shipping carrier that always puts 'could not enter your gated premises' buncha fking n0bs, ups, usps, fed ex all do just fine, btw i live in an unlocked gated community, so fk you guys

Anyways, that big ass JP quiz i mentioned last time? Luckily its on Wed, and we went through a nice practice quiz during class so I think I am da readies. 

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Anyways, that big ass JP quiz i mentioned last time? Luckily its on Wed, and we went through a nice practice quiz during class so I think I am da readies. 

We're not starting writing until next week, but after a few practice runs I can basically write any of the hiragana/katakana. It's probably due to the fact that I learned to read them over 3 years ago :makina:

i started japanese class today... sooo... konbanwa! watashi wa gunter desu ...

and ,crap ,i dont know how to say anything else ,but that's nearly a start from the scratch  ^^

also , we had to find wich english names were written in katakana,and then wrote them in katakanas but with the french pronunciation ,and i must say that i was surprised  cause some katakana version were really...strange ... how the hell were we supposed to know that arthur = ア-サ- ?

overall,it was fun and interesting, i hope i'll learn some usefull things soon 

yay more peers taking jp classes :kosame: 

u just started and you're doing katakana wtf :pyaa: my class started with hiragana. we're starting kk soon though, i think. next week. the transition's gonna rekt me i bet ._.

はじめまして - hajimemashite
いくりぷすです - ikuripusu (eclipsed :holo:) desu
どうぞよろしく - doozo yoroshiku

20 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

いくりぷすです - ikuripusu (eclipsed :holo:) desu

This is the reason why I'm mad at my friend in Japanese class. His name is literally just "Chi." So yeah. His name is one katakana... So unfair.

アンドレアス takes some time to write, and it sounds dumb with the "do" and "su" there.

えくりぷす (エクリプス) is better in my opinion. Your name does start with "e", so using "i" instead seems a bit odd.

yep ,but it's a class apart of my highschool ones , and i'm not with the group who start completly from the scratch,because of my ridiculous timetable... so i'm with persons who at least know how to introduce themselves and have a lil chat in Japanese with the teacher ... For them ,it was more a lil quizz to check if they remembered their katakana well. for me ,it was a totally new thing erf (even if i knew hiraganas )

and yeah kurisu , but at first i hadn't seen how the hell the two words were linked (the fact that we pronounce the "th" from arthur " t" wasn't helping eh )