Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

ツ - looks like wind blowing a 'tsu'nami

シ - 'shi' is smiling

ソ - 'so' what? It's not a 'tsu'nami.

ン - oh 'nnnnnnnnnnnnn'ooooooo, what happened to her eye!?

Just thought I'd share some memorization tips I used for these.

not bad, not bad at all xD ... Though I already try to imagine them as "smile left", "smile right" , "one eye smile left", "one eye smile right" xD Though I really like the tsunami reference :D Actually lately I were good at recognizing them but only if I practice for sometime, if I don't I simply have to remind myself after a 2-month period at least ... But overall it can be managable xD

The way I remembered them is:

• The three-letter ones have 3 strokes (tsu shi ツシ) and the ones with fewer letters have 2 strokes (so n ソン)
  • If you order the two pairs above so that the first one is looking to the left and the second one is looking to the right (<-ツシ-> and <-ソン->) you can go get some (t)sushi, son.

13 hours ago, Flutterz said:

The way I remembered them is:

• The three-letter ones have 3 strokes (tsu shi ツシ) and the ones with fewer letters have 2 strokes (so n ソン)
  • If you order the two pairs above so that the first one is looking to the left and the second one is looking to the right (<-ツシ-> and <-ソン->) you can go get some (t)sushi, son.

Brilliant! :D

Hey, do you guys remember my post from a while back, when I said rice tastes really boring and how baffled I was that entire populations manage to survive on it alone?

Well, turns out that dieting for 4 months actually makes you develop stockholm to rice. I can't get enough of that shit nowadays and I'm still going through every possible flavor of rice the world has to offer. 

3 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Well, turns out that dieting for 4 months actually makes you develop stockholm to rice. I can't get enough of that shit nowadays and I'm still going through every possible flavor of rice the world has to offer. 

If you buy crap rice it's awful. Spend a little bit more on it and it becomes a beautiful thing.

How many flavours are there?!

Oh boy, so far, I have eaten jasmine rice from thailand, persian sadri rice (good fucking stuff, but expensive as fuck), koshikari for sushi stuff and lots of indian basmati. I got a recommendation in form of black chinese rice and I'm interested in how that is supposed to taste. 

I believe mother earth will never be done making rice. I won't go for red rice though, because I don't deserve happiness. 

1 hour ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

Looking good so far! But if you pass, does it mean you never watch Re:Zero again?

:pyaa:

I'll binge it either way, one day :holo: 

I'm so tempted to just learn all the hiragana now, so I can weeb out and just run around spamming ohayo gozaimasu (おはよ ございます) and any other elementary phrase that comes to mind but it'll probably screw me over on my quizzes, according to my syllabus we won't have a quiz on all of them until like 3 weeks in T-T

Then it'll be katakana time, and unfortunately we'll only gloss over some kanji at the end, i guess that's reserved for intermed jp

So for now I'll just practice spelling 'names' with my a-so hiraganas like Keiko けいこ  and Saki さき :ryuusui:

On 9/4/2016 at 10:11 PM, Eclipsed said:

wtf is this why the hell does 'sa' look like a face with one line さ and then 'ki' is a face with two lines き, dis too hart!@#

same thing with 'nu' ぬ and 'me' め justa little looper loop difference at the end

ki is literally the easiest hiragana: it looks like a key.

On 9/6/2016 at 0:19 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

ツ - looks like wind blowing a 'tsu'nami

シ - 'shi' is smiling

ソ - 'so' what? It's not a 'tsu'nami.

ン - oh 'nnnnnnnnnnnnn'ooooooo, what happened to her eye!?

Just thought I'd share some memorization tips I used for these.

for me its easier.

ツ scimitar with two scars - tsu

シ katana with two scars - shi

ソ scimithar with one scar - so

ン Katana with one scar - n

51 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

for me its easier.

ツ scimitar with two scars - tsu

シ katana with two scars - shi

ソ scimithar with one scar - so

ン Katana with one scar - n

I tend to do better with word association rather than images, so that wouldn't work for me. But hey, whatever helps you learn best. :P

aight bois, 100% here i come, unless i get docked pts for my utter shat jpenmenship 

now for my first socializing first world problem, the two peeps I acquainted myself with just learned today that they are both Korean, i could not keep with all the KPOP spam and just holy shit they're moving FAST, I'm gonna be a legit 3rd wheeler at this rate, feels bad mang :vinty:

B> new acquaintances

Anyways, gots them ta-ho hiraganas next, les do dis!@#

Them Zero Time Dilemma preorder watches are finally shipping apparently, goddamn 2+ months delay gg Aksys

~~
ta~ho hiraganas

た - ta
ち - chi
つ - tsu
て - te 
と - to
な - na
に - ni
ぬ - nu
ね - ne
の - no
は - ha 
ひ - hi
ふ - fu
へ - he
ほ - ho

Fk yes, that means I can finally spell Neko ねこ and in a week or two I'll officially get to the Para ぱら part :ryuusui:

~~

15 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Them Zero Time Dilemma preorder watches are finally shipping apparently, goddamn 2+ months delay gg Aksys

~~
ta~ho hiraganas

た - ta
ち - chi
つ - tsu
て - te 
と - to
な - na
に - ni
ぬ - nu
ね - ne
の - no
は - ha 
ひ - hi
ふ - fu
へ - he
ほ - ho

Fk yes, that means I can finally spell Neko ねこ and in a week or two I'll officially get to the Para ぱら part :ryuusui:

~~

What about creating a threadwhere we learn both japanese? 

25 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Why is it infinitely easier for me to pirate games?

As far as I know, this is still the answer for why both Steam and the iTunes store are successful. Even today, there are still tons of people pirating stuff simply because it's vastly more convenient than buying it legitimately. A sorry state of affairs.

On the up-side, because I have no shame left, I just bought Funbag Fantasy off MG a minute ago, so... at least the problem is localized.