Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I never bothered writing out the kana, lol. My handwriting might be permanently fucked due to my teachers forcing me to switch from my left hand at an early age. Since my goal only involves communication and reading, I never bothered writing out the kana. It's been a while since I practiced at all, but I didn't have a hard time learning the kana through grind sessions on memrise and realkana. Good luck on your class, Eclipsed. :)

So, I got my 1st paycheck for going to college today!!! It's refreshing to know that I won't have a hard time buying food anymore. :sachi: Still going to live life moderately though; don't need to be digging myself into a hole on the 1st month. I do see the value in keeping buffer money for those just-in-case circumstances.

Awh, proud of you!

Also holy fuck that writing correction thing sounds fucked

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

My handwriting might be permanently fucked due to my teachers forcing me to switch from my left hand at an early age.

I think something similar happened to me, though I don't really know for sure. I'm pretty much ambidextrous except when it comes to writing because I never learned to write with my left hand, but my handwriting with my right hand is atrocious anyway. I figure I might be left-handed but learned to use my right hand as well... Or maybe I'm just naturally ambidextrous with horrendous handwriting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Also holy fuck that writing correction thing sounds fucked

I don't know how it is anywhere else, but public school teachers in Florida are generally awful.

2 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I think something similar happened to me, though I don't really know for sure. I'm pretty much ambidextrous except when it comes to writing because I never learned to write with my left hand, but my handwriting with my right hand is atrocious anyway. I figure I might be left-handed but learned to use my right hand as well... Or maybe I'm just naturally ambidextrous with horrendous handwriting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That sounds very similar to me. o.o There are a lot of things I can do with either hand, but I mostly use my left for a lot of tasks. For my PE classes in K-12, I always had a really hard time remembering how I held my baseball bat.

Just now, Kenshin_sama said:

That sounds very similar to me. o.o There are a lot of things I can do with either hand, but I mostly use my left for a lot of tasks. For my PE classes in K-12, I always had a really hard time remembering how I held my baseball bat.

I keep my phone in my left pocket, and use it with my left hand if I take it out. But I can use it just as well with my right hand, but my right pocket is where I keep my wallet. On the other hand, I don't know how related it is but my right eye is definitely my dominant one.

3 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I keep my phone in my left pocket, and use it with my left hand if I take it out. But I can use it just as well with my right hand, but my right pocket is where I keep my wallet. On the other hand, I don't know how related it is but my right eye is definitely my dominant one.

Do you use your fork and knife interchangeably?

Just now, Flutterz said:

If I'm just using a fork I use either hand, but if I'm using a fork and a knife I hold my fork in my left hand because that's how I was taught to do it.

Ah, okay, I guess there is one thing we differ on. I do mostly use my fork in my right hand with a knife, but I subconsciously switch them around sometimes and didn't start realizing it until recently. Still, everything else you mentioned was a complete match to my own habits. I was pretty surprised.

Just now, Kenshin_sama said:

Ah, okay, I guess there is one thing we differ on. I do mostly use my fork in my right hand with a knife, but I subconsciously switch them around sometimes and didn't start realizing it until recently. Still, everything else you mentioned was a complete match to my own habits. I was pretty surprised.

I see. Well I guess this gives some credence to my idea that I might be secretly left-handed :sacchan:

6 hours ago, SilverLi said:

According to proper etiquette fork is supposed to be in left hand and knife in right when you eat. I can understand why left handed people change it but it is "wrong".

So many uncouth savages in this thread who hold their fork in their right hand and knife in their left :amane:

4 hours ago, Tyrael said:

Confession 1: Fear me, for I have returned.

Confession 2: Messaged a girl I've been talking for months on end now to finally ask her out and she suddenly stopped responding to me. This feeling must be true despair.

Upupupu! i knew my monokuma plan would work out!!

..sorry for you, guy, i know how much you're suffering. 

7 hours ago, Tyrael said:

Confession 1: Fear me, for I have returned.

Confession 2: Messaged a girl I've been talking for months on end now to finally ask her out and she suddenly stopped responding to me. This feeling must be true despair.

6 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

:upupu:?

...:heart:!

</3

3 hours ago, Tyrael said:

Hide contents

2ngdhtv.jpg

3 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Upupupu! i knew my monokuma plan would work out!!

..sorry for you, guy, i know how much you're suffering. 

I'm proud to finally see some fucking Danganronpa shitposting on here

Fata Morgana has fandiscs? AAAAA 77dac75093.jpg

(Fake edit: one fandisc is 1/3 translated as of yesterday. fucking kill me)

In other news, I bought a proper fountain pen after loving a nonrefillable cheap one last year and promptly realized it's way too heavy and that I have to hold all pens and pencils with 4 fingers now for some reason. I love it ANYWAYS

In yet other news, 11th grade begins for me tomorrow- last full schoolyear I have before I apply for university, which means it is time for me to fucking DOUBLE DOWN on raising my GPA, study APs in my time I was lazy to meet the minimum GPA average to take the courses at school, decide on one and study for SAT/ACT, and find universities that I feel confident in studying astrophysics in and being accepted to. Also means I'm gonna have to open up, show leadership, take the initiative on some stuff, probably organize something about arts or something -I have peers that have organized art collectives, civil service events, already cracking down on their SAT study, hell, I follow this woman on twitter who founded an NGO at sixteen), participate in civil service acts, open up socially, learn how to organize my time from the fucking ground up, start to properly dabble in writing -I'm confident in it somewhat from the couple things I wrote-, perhaps get some more presentable hobbies beyond reading and gaming and occasional hangout with friends, foster and demonstrate an interest and somehow experience in astrophysics -no idea where the fuck I can intern since I doubt I'm fit or interested in practical research not to mention astrophysics, hell, theoretical physics as a whole that I'm interested in, is quite difficult to get practice for with halfway high school physics with bad math.

And with a year to do all that I have absolutely no idea how to do any of it, nor any excuse for not having done so so far in my last three years of high school which I spent gaming and on the internet and then shallowly lamenting my laziness.

A perhaps big bonus, though, is that I've decided to quit gaming (including VNs) 95% for the following schoolyear, and I put my Vita and my 3DS in my cupboard and I'm doing fine about it so far (some five summer days in), though I have taken an unexpected liking to playing solitaire on my Nokia (smartphone was sent in for repairs and is as expected in a neo-Kafkaesque customer service limbo). Decided to spend my free time at home with reading instead, and after finishing The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (school homework read) today after reading 450 pages in the last two days (not that I loved it or anything, but wanted to challenge myself I guess and school began tomorrow and since I love books I wanted to finish it in time) I think I have it in me. Rereading Asimov's Foundation now because I never got around to the sequel Foundation and Empire, seeing as it has a far more interesting premise than the disappointing and somewhat bland first book, I'm enjoying it actually. Up next is one of the following: 
*Great Expectations by Dickens just because I found a really good condition English copy at home and I never read Dickens before,
*Foundation and Empire,
*The Silmarillion by Tolkien- although I loathed Lord of the Rings' plot and banal cast two years ago, the world building was quite promising and as such I decided to give this book criticized for doubling down on the lore-craft another chance, or
*The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin because I got the whole Earthsea quadriology back in May or so and after rereading the first book (A Wizard of Earthsea) and realizing it is Top 10 tier I have to read the rest.

Best of luck with your game drop, Funya. I actually had a hard time not clamping down on online games and I recently ended up breaking the promise I made to myself. But at least I'm getting better about tearing myself off the game to do what I need to do. This is mainly due to the fact that I'm actually playing online games for fun rather than using it as a means of escape.

Oh and I've got a couple more pieces of good news. For one, I am finally getting a new bike after my old one broke down some time ago. It's a custom order, so I'll be picking it up at a sports shop when it gets here. I managed to knock off $50 bucks because they messed up the display price and had to honor it (2nd time that's happened to me; 1st time was with a phone). On top of that, my mom managed to find one of her previous smartphones, so I no longer have to settle for a cheaper phone that doesn't even play Pokemon Go. Once I have my bike, I'll start incorporating that game into a regular exercise routine.