Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

What? string theory is easy to understand, and quantum physics, well, even if they are kind of a big subject, there are like a ton of books availlable out there.

Now i'm triggered, but since people love to shit on popular shows, here i am.

The string theory explained during the conference is 100% coherent, real, and is exactly the same you'll find in...stephen hawking books, you know, the guy who actually came up with black holes.

The whole theory about time distortion thanks to black hole is based on a simple principle : THEORY OF restrained RELATIVITY, or even general relativity , the faster you move, the slower time will move.

Now, since we're talking about what is science bullshit, i'll tell you, it's the time machine, the D-mail machine and...that's all...but the scientific principle is correct, accurate and cleverly explained.

But yes, the time machine, the D-mail and the time leap machine are bullshit, but they use an actual real scientific concept, but meh, continuous plothole, you may have one of the few shows who handled correctly time travel, yet you say that. 

7 minutes ago, Rooke said:

The logical extension of that argument is that unless the author has a formal education on the matter, then he isn’t qualified to defend the show against any criticisms concerning plot holes. I don’t think you want to wander down that path.

That's a good point. Alright, I'll retract my statement on that.

You don't need to be graduate on astrophysics or quantum physics to figure out how a black hole works, there are countless books over here, you can attend real life conferences too, stop thinking that the only way to get knowledge is to be a graduate from Harvard...etc 

On 2016/8/5 at 0:52 AM, Zenophilious said:

Wait until the retranslation comes out, it's less shit  :sachi:

Be in good company, then, because like Flutterz said, you pretty much described most of us here.  Go back quite a ways in this thread and you can read us talking about relationships and how crappy we are at starting them.  Well, except for rains, but rains is apparently too busy with his FULFILLING LIFE and his NICE GIRLFRIEND to post more than once in a while.  What a loser.

obvious /s is obvious

Yep, too busy with my FULFILLING LIFE in Final Fantasy XIV and my NICE GIRLFRIEND --- my maid retainer.

Spoiler

c74a7b2418.jpg

There are highly-respected physicists who assert that time travel to the past is not ruled out by the known laws of physics (even if it is incredibly impractical). What's there in Steins;Gate is probably sufficiently reasonable, from that regard, even if what it presents precisely isn't possible. But as a software engineer, I find the computer stuff so far off as to make no sense. Compressing a person's entire mental state into 100-odd bytes by using a black hole for "compression"... uhh, no. That's not how compression works. Proprietary database format that can only be read by an IBM-5100? It would almost certainly be more trivial to reverse-engineer than your average VN is to hack.

Fortunately, it wasn't too hard for me to set that stuff aside and still love the VN.

On 8/8/2016 at 0:14 AM, Rime said:

My heart is as cold and frozen as the landscape in my avatar.

God i almost got a rare form of brain disease just reading that. 

On 8/7/2016 at 0:20 AM, Flutterz said:

Please don't :vinty:

Flut-tan plz i need sympathy. 

Speaking of old people who are way older than me and make me feel completely comfortable about my grey hairs, @Zebhra sup fam. 

On 08/08/2016 at 4:47 AM, Eclipsed said:

I feel bad for people who can't enjoy sci-fi time travel stories that are reasonably explained within the confines of their ingame lore because of 'plot holes' :ren:

Non-existant plot-holes you mean? Call me next time we are able to time travel, guys. :holo: 

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

Holy shit, CONGRATS! Hope you enjoy every minute of it, through and through.

Thanks. I'm a little nervous over my 1st day, but at least now I'll finally be taking some major steps forward. I'm still keeping my confidence up though; I've made some really good changes to my lifestyle that I think will help a lot with my studies.

27 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Confession: Oh god, I'm starting college next week. :kosame:

I'm actually really anxious about having to go to college soon too. No idea what I want to study and I can only imagine how much stress it will bring compared to my peaceful NEET life... Good luck man, and congrats on moving forward in life.

10 minutes ago, Barktooth said:

I'm actually really anxious about having to go to college soon too. No idea what I want to study and I can only imagine how much stress it will bring compared to my peaceful NEET life... Good luck man, and congrats on moving forward in life.

If you enjoy technical studies aka Beta studies, go for chemistry.
Speaking from experience.
If all else fails in life you could always resort to other ''means'' of getting money.

As for the stress, it depends on which country you live in and what kind of study you do.
In my case it was not that bad most of the time, biggest problem was teacher not getting info to the students fast and reliable enough.

15 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Thanks. I'm a little nervous over my 1st day, but at least now I'll finally be taking some major steps forward. I'm still keeping my confidence up though; I've made some really good changes to my lifestyle that I think will help a lot with my studies.

mind if i ask what you are going to study?

16 minutes ago, Barktooth said:

Don't worry, depending on your college you might still be able to live a mostly hikikomori lifestyle, with the exception of having to go to college every now and then :P

2 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Don't worry, depending on your college you might still be able to live a mostly hikkikomori lifestyle, with the exception of having to go to college every now and then :P

I hope so. I like to minimize the amount of time I spend around other people :P

1 minute ago, havoc said:

If you enjoy technical studies aka Beta studies, go for chemistry.
Speaking from experience.
If all else fails in life you could always resort to other ''means'' of getting money.

As for the stress, it depends on which country you live in and what kind of study you do.
In my case it was not that bad most of the time, biggest problem was teacher not getting info to the students fast and reliable enough.

Thing is, I don't enjoy pretty much anything besides anime and VNs... I'll probably end up doing something computer-related, since I spend all my time in front of one anyway.

What would those other "means" be? Do you mean... prostitution? :P

I know it will be stressful though because I'm a huge procrastinator. Was always stressed doing homework at 3AM when I was in highschool...

Good luck to @Kenshin_sama and @Barktooth! College may be intimidating at first but it'll become a routine eventually so i'm sure you guys will be fine. Depending on your college, they may have genshiken sort of clubs, so you may just meet a bunch of people that'll end up liking the same things and having activities like viewing parties and stuff along with it.

If you'll are soloist, don't worry, just keep up with your work and start assignments bit by bit as soon as you get them and you'll have plenty of time for animes, vns etc. Try not to procrastinate!! [if you want your anime time that is:makina:]  

Doing last minute assignments is a huge F-ing pain [i did a few of them last minute 2:amane: in my time]. Again, good luck! and have fun! 

26 minutes ago, Barktooth said:

I hope so. I like to minimize the amount of time I spend around other people :P

Thing is, I don't enjoy pretty much anything besides anime and VNs... I'll probably end up doing something computer-related, since I spend all my time in front of one anyway.

What would those other "means" be? Do you mean... prostitution? :P

I know it will be stressful though because I'm a huge procrastinator. Was always stressed doing homework at 3AM when I was in highschool...

Spoiler

Well there is always the option of making your own synthetic drugs............