Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

2 hours ago, Flutterz said:

I'll just save you the effort

That's so Flutterz.

Nerd

My friends sometimes bug me about playing wow with them, but I just don't care for games like that. And I don't want to get sucked in if I end up liking it. Such a passive form of enjoyment.

5 hours ago, arakura said:

Nerd

My friends sometimes bug me about playing wow with them, but I just don't care for games like that. And I don't want to get sucked in if I end up liking it. Such a passive form of enjoyment.

For some reason I was sure that it woulb be "I just don't care for friends", was oddly disapointed :marie:

36 minutes ago, Nashetania said:

Confession: I went commando to school today :pyaa: 

Any particular reason? Or were you just feeling... liberated? :illya:You pervert you.

8 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I keep playing this one-player game, "What Smells Bad In The Fridge." I usually lose, but it's even worse not to play.

You and me both. Last time I played it turned out to be out of date tahini. Cos who the fuck eats a whole jar of that?! :wahaha:

2 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

You and me both. Last time I played it turned out to be out of date tahini. Cos who the fuck eats a whole jar of that?! :wahaha:

When it first started, I was certain it was the ridiculous number of tea-bag-like-containers of dashi stock that came in one shipment from Amazon. A warning to everybody: when it says "pack of 10", it means 10 boxes with some 6 bags in each box, not 10 servings. Also, they expire in, like, a month.

Confession: Maybe I'm trying too hard. Being an adult is lonely. Especially when you weren't great at making friendships growing up. It gets worse as you get older. Especially if you move away from where everyone is, because after you grow up you get smarter, and schoolmates who you never talked with or never got along with grow up as well. So you seek surrogate methods of friendship, and maybe you try to hard...

4 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

When it first started, I was certain it was the ridiculous number of tea-bag-like-containers of dashi stock that came in one shipment from Amazon. A warning to everybody: when it says "pack of 10", it means 10 boxes with some 6 bags in each box, not 10 servings. Also, they expire in, like, a month.

I can only imagine how that must have smelled... and it's not good, even in my imagination.

2 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Confession: Maybe I'm trying too hard. Being an adult is lonely. Especially when you weren't great at making friendships growing up. It gets worse as you get older. Especially if you move away from where everyone is, because after you grow up you get smarter, and schoolmates who you never talked with or never got along with grow up as well. So you seek surrogate methods of friendship, and maybe you try to hard...

Well, most of your school friendships don’t survive the transition into adulthood anyway. People change, people move away, it takes effort to sustain a relationship which no longer has many things in common or through an inability to meet face to face. Usually people bond with their workmates (often people spend more time working than with their family,) or they get a hobby on the weekend (like sports … or getting smashed at the pub then getting thrown in jail for something lewd) and they bond over that common activity (bonding with your prison guard is maybe not so wise, though.)

1 minute ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I can only imagine how that must have smelled... and it's not good, even in my imagination.

No, it actually wasn't that. I even still have them (well, the subset I kept from the ridiculously large shipment), and they're safely ensconced in the freezer where they should stay usable for a lot longer. ... I really don't know what it was.

It's probably that aura of mystery that keeps me coming back to play the game.

11 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

TBH, I am interested in the unique bonds prople form in an MMO and how raiding works, but the thing is I know I'd get addicted and that isn't a luxury I can afford. I meant the RTS games, for WoW I think I will just find a way to read up on the lore (some sort of Chronicles exists according to my friend). 

Not only is it addicting, you get into a habit of scheduling everything around raid times. If you're in a proper raiding guild, you're gonna be expected to show up at particular times. My guild used the EPGP loot distribution method for boss drops, so I went out of my way to not miss a raid so that I could keep my priority.

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Well, most of your school friendships don’t survive the transition into adulthood anyway. People change, people move away, it takes effort to sustain a relationship which no longer has many things in common or through an inability to meet face to face. Usually people bond with their workmates (often people spend more time working than with their family,) or they get a hobby on the weekend (like sports … or getting smashed at the pub then getting thrown in jail for something lewd) and they bond over that common activity (bonding with your prison guard is maybe not so wise, though.)

It's more like we all grew up after we got out of high school and most of us are pretty normal and would likely hang out now, if we only lived close by. I live in a place I had no connection to until I got married and moved here. I don't have much in common with most of my coworkers, and as I said, I'm not great at making friendships anyway. So all of you faceless weebs are now my friends.

Confession: I always feel like I am forcing myself upon my friends when I go through the effort of a 2-hour drive just to hang out with people but they'd never go through the effort of coming to where I live. 

I hate it when my parents ask me if I aced the exam.... how would I know if I aced an exam... how would I know if there's no mistake in my typo or translation...etc..

Like maybe I can be sure of how many mistakes I have in sciences but in languages... it's hard to estimate...

22 minutes ago, hsmsful said:

Confession: I always feel like I am forcing myself upon my friends when I go through the effort of a 2-hour drive just to hang out with people but they'd never go through the effort of coming to where I live. 

I hate it when my parents ask me if I aced the exam.... how would I know if I aced an exam... how would I know if there's no mistake in my typo or translation...etc..

Like maybe I can be sure of how many mistakes I have in sciences but in languages... it's hard to estimate...

Any more first world problems?

Spoiler

TSkAu0z.jpg

25 minutes ago, hsmsful said:

Internet friends (´っ・ω・)っ

28 minutes ago, hsmsful said:

Eh, this is pretty understandable. I think with languages it's more just how fluently you thinking you were writing whatever it was. With language, if you think you're doing well you're probably doing well, I find.