Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession 1: I am 18 but I never had a girlfriend. Should I start worrying about my life?

Confession 2: When I am not being a otaku I am a somewhat conservative, reactionary and counter-revolutionary monarchist. Is this contradictory?

2 minutes ago, Caio000 said:

Confession 1: I am 18 but I never had a girlfriend. Should I start worrying about my life?

Confession 2: When I am not being a otaku I am a somewhat conservative, reactionary and counter-revolutionary monarchist. Is this contradictory?

Start worrying a little, and worry more and more with every passing year :Teeku:

I don't think there's anything in the otaku code that says you can't be a conservative, reactionary, and counter-revolutionary monarchist, so you're probably fine.

32 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Start worrying a little, and worry more and more with every passing year :Teeku:

I don't think there's anything in the otaku code that says you can't be a conservative, reactionary, and counter-revolutionary monarchist, so you're probably fine.

For that matter, I don't think there's an otaku code. Unless it's that one with injunctions like "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's waifu".

31 minutes ago, Rooke said:

How is this 'modern'? It's not 'modern', it's 'unfinished'! (Image from sales page.)

You know, "modern" nowadays means cheap (for the company) and it's obvious that a unfinished one is cheaper that a complete one.

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Confession: I don't 'get' modern design.

How is this 'modern'? It's not 'modern', it's 'unfinished'! (Image from sales page.)

mvmt-watch-moto-360-shpetimujkani.png

Ok, I'll take a stab at offering a legitimate answer, and allot myself one bonus point for not looking anything up before trying to answer:

• In general, it's very stripped-down - the numbers aren't really necessary if you're good at reading a clock, so remove them. Bam: 12 unnecessary things gone. The resulting interface is now much cleaner and less cluttered. They took a middle ground and put little dots around the edges - they're still much less intrusive than numbers, and as a bonus are just as easy to read for most people (and will certainly become natural for you to read if you actually wear the watch frequently). I actually kind of like the way that looks.
  • Modern design is unapologetically flat: this is kind of in the same vein as the above, but in a very specific way. This more often applies to digital design than to physical design - remember when computer UIs used to have beveled 3D buttons with glossy finishes? No more. In modern design, flat is justice. But I see the same thing going on here, especially with the blue hands.

That said, it's probably not very good modern design, because it does still have too many extraneous bits. Remove all the blue hands, for starters. With a watch like that, do you really care about the second hand, let alone whatever those other tiny hands are? Plus, then you can remove those extra depressed dials and flatten the whole thing further.

Disclaimer: I know pretty much nothing about this stuff, and I haven't worked on any kind of UI in about a decade. But that doesn't stop me from reading about it from time to time!

9 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Confession: I made a discord bot yesterday... it went about as well as you'd expect.

Reveal hidden contents

hsgkoG6.png

Some highlights:

Qj26u1Z.png

QLq4tE9.png

4Ze5dlK.png

70gY1MB.png

In case anyone is at all curious about the code (no idea why you would be though) http://pastebin.com/9WJ3x06L

You'll have to tell me how you did this later, in detail

Confession: had my first exam in finals today and these finals supposedly decide which college you go to

It was leaked along its answers and I only knew after the exam

Everyone is pissed off because some people are gonna get high grades

The first exam which is important wasn't cancelled ,however the second exam which isn't important was cancelled before it began and we went home and now our exams won't end on 28th but will end on 29th

Sasuga Egypt

1 hour ago, hsmsful said:

Confession: had my first exam in finals today and these finals supposedly decide which college you go to

It was leaked along its answers and I only knew after the exam

Everyone is pissed off because some people are gonna get high grades

The first exam which is important wasn't cancelled ,however the second exam which isn't important was cancelled before it began and we went home and now our exams won't end on 28th but will end on 29th

Sasuga Egypt

What the fuck contact authorities 

Confession: I almost panicked when Imgur told me my images were gone, but thankfully they appeared after refreshing the page. That was almost my entire collection of shitpost images right out the window. :pyaa:

3 hours ago, Nashetania said:

Confession: My ancestors are smiling at me, Fuwans. Can you say the same? :Teeku: 

That line is so damn familiar, but I can't remember what it's from.