Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

On 5/8/2016 at 10:36 PM, Fred the Barber said:

No, I get that it's an obscene waste of money to a great many people, including no doubt most of the Fuwa population. But I don't get why those same people can't understand that it's not a lot of money for a small number of people. Seeing one person spending that kind of money on this just doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't do it, but I can comprehend that there might be one guy out there with a whole lot of money and a lot of passion for this.

Edit: rephrased a bit to clarify

Okay, that makes a lot more sense than what you said before.  Still, though, some people will always value money a lot more than other people because of certain experiences in their lives, and using your money like that will always shock them.  I know that some people will throw around $1k on a lot of things, even a laughable piece of garbage like the ChuSinGura KS project, because they have a lot of money, but that won't stop surprising me when I hear about it.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:15 PM, Eclipsed said:

Mhmmm. I've been working at my place long enough now that all my senior coworkers my age who welcomed when I first started are gone now. 

I've naturally integrated with the next gen counters my age..they're a nice bunch, but the Glory Ages with my old team are no more :P

Yeah, that's happening more and more where I work.  The guy that got hired the same time as me left, and we were pretty friendly.  I've noticed that the average age of the new employees has gone down, closer to my age.  Don't really know what to think about that  : /

I need a three sided coin, so I can more easily pick what to do next in my anime->vn->game cycle.

Let's see, I did SAO anime + SAO games last month, and then did Code Realize VN just now, so I guess it's time to go back to an anime.

Except on my sig there's a big ol' N/A sitting there, halp, too lazy to research

I think I was supposed to do High School DxD..

12 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

I need a three sided coin, so I can more easily pick what to do next in my anime->vn->game cycle.

Get a 3 sided die - https://www.thediceshoponline.com/dice/5236/D-G-Gem-Blue-D3-Dice

Keeping a comprehensive set of dice on hand is what all responsible adults do. How else would they make their decisions? 

So I really started in at my new job yesterday (met my team, my manager, etc.,). The people in the know basically explained in great detail about all the problems with the system, and a running theme was "we worked on this big thing for a while, but it had problems and we ended up cutting it out."

And all the time I heard this sad story, I was just getting more excited, thinking about all the opportunity to fix things. I love fixing things.

6 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I'm 90% sure they were from the US. They didn't have an accent and they seemed to know who Sarah Palin is.

That doesn't surprise me.  A lot of the kids I went to school with were pretty ignorant.  It was apparently too much to ask for them to know anything other than the most recent current events.  A lot of the people in my gov/econ class didn't even know the rights they were guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, either.  It was pretty sad.