Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: My college entrance is pass approaching and I still haven't studied that much and covered any real ground since I got no clue where to start in the first place. I was suppose ask a particular pretty lady who was attending with me regarding the nature of the exam so I might have a idea on which subjects  then suddenly some jerks appear out of nowhere began bombarding her questions and I somehow get irritated, forgot everything about it and went home...

At the moment I'm just reading random stuffs, lazing around playing and testing some random sorts of different Visual Novels and other games. Goddamn it I'm going too easygoing for my own good!? Hope I could do something very productive soon enough...

On the other hand, while I was doing some self studies regarding some random subjects of interests, I came across something that really piqued my curiosity and also a dream long since forgotten for thought it was impossible to achieve. To become part of something greater than myself by becoming a soldier and try my luck in joining the French Foreign Legion. Been contemplating for quite a while regarding. Only problem is getting a Visa and the matter of  getting to France since it would be a very expensive venture. Well I guess only time can tell whether my dreams and ambitions are worth pursuing or not... 

13 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Confession: I find this really sad http://htwins.net/scale2/lang.html I don't know why, maybe because it means that we are nothing in this vast thing called universe 

Demonstrations like that one are why I kind of shrug at the watchmaker analogy and intelligent design. In the grand scheme of things, the odds are pretty much in favor of literally everything imaginable happening somewhere, sometime. I find it more cool than depressing.

Confession: My exam ended at 10 pm today and I was planning on riding a bus home as usual, but I hadn't considered that today is a Saturday, and apparently buses stop earlier on weekends (who knew?), so I had to install Uber on my phone and take that home... I was a bit nervous though because this was actually the first time I've taken a cab alone, let alone an Uber. But considering I'm still alive I guess it went fine. :makina:

35 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Confession: My exam ended at 10 pm today and I was planning on riding a bus home as usual, but I hadn't considered that today is a Saturday, and apparently buses stop earlier on weekends (who knew?), so I had to install Uber on my phone and take that home... I was a bit nervous though because this was actually the first time I've taken a cab alone, let alone an Uber. But considering I'm still alive I guess it went fine. :makina:

Ehh, I know people who do that all the time. One of them did get sexually assaulted though.

7 hours ago, hsmsful said:

Confession: DON'T YOU SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE SCREAMING LIKE SOME KIND OF A RETARD? LIKE SCREAMING SO HARD THAT YOU LOSE YOUR VOICE THE NEXT GUY?

Yeah don't give in to the urge, it ain't worth it.... my poor voice

Confession: Has to be better then breaking your hand by punching a brick wall. Did that once long ago - I still can't use it quite right, over 20 years later~  :komari:

@Fred the Barber

Demonstrations like that one are why I kind of shrug at the watchmaker analogy and intelligent design. In the grand scheme of things, the odds are pretty much in favor of literally everything imaginable happening somewhere, sometime. I find it more cool than depressing.

Whenever I look at that kind of thing, i can't help but see things like nebula, planets, galaxies, etc as genetic material under a microscope~

9 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Just don't think too hard on the many worlds interpretation, I spend nights wondering how many of myselves were killed and by who/what. Then I think about how many people other mes have killed and how many of them are rapists or child molesters.

Than I start thinking if parallel timeline mes are actually "me", considering the "Ship of Thesus Paradox". The cellular structure of each of my individual selves would vary due to things such as differing diets and sunlight exposure. Not to mention that the experiences of each would vary considerably, possibly shaping different personas.  

Than I start to wonder what actually makes up a "person", are we simply complex biological machines that interpret an input of data through the senses and produce an output of a physical response? If so why do people put up such a fuss over stealing, murder, and rape? We are all just a bunch of machines that do nothing, but consume resources and occasionally produce other machines. Not to mention even if I go on a killing/rape/thieving spree it hardly matters, because there are a infinite number of variations of the same machines I would harm in other timelines. 

It's around here that some sort of subconscious fail safe engages and I boot up my favorite eroge and masturbate myself into a coma. 

either that or he's locked up in the basement and the molester if using his phone to post this. rip flut.

The Pillars of Creation always make me feel so small. The size of the universe in general does. Really makes things feel much less important, right? Go out and do something bold instead of sitting around with all your worries. That's what I feel.

9 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Than I start to wonder what actually makes up a "person", are we simply complex biological machines that interpret an input of data through the senses and produce an output of a physical response? If so why do people put up such a fuss over stealing, murder, and rape? We are all just a bunch of machines that do nothing, but consume resources and occasionally produce other machines. Not to mention even if I go on a killing/rape/thieving spree it hardly matters, because there are a infinite number of variations of the same machines I would harm in other timelines. 

Have you read I Am A Strange Loop? It's pretty lengthy, but it provides an interesting perspective on what a "person" is which I haven't really seen anywhere else, and one that I think you'd find interesting.

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Have you read I Am A Strange Loop? It's pretty lengthy, but it provides an interesting perspective on what a "person" is which I haven't really seen anywhere else, and one that I think you'd find interesting.

It's actually based off of his earlier book, Gödel, Escher, Bach. If you didn't know about it, it might be worth a read if you're interested in the subject ;)

3 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Confession: Today I learned that "?!" and "!?" are considered equally correct, even though I've always used "?!" and I find "!?" weird. As a side bonus of learning that, I also learned about the gnaborretni.

Moe girls use "!?" btw.

Confession: I always used "?!" but when I realized that cute girls use "!?" I changed to it :sachi: 

6 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Confession: Today I learned that "?!" and "!?" are considered equally correct, even though I've always used "?!" and I find "!?" weird. As a side bonus of learning that, I also learned about the gnaborretni.

Is the gnaborretni different to the interrobang?

I mean, I could just Google this, but it's more fun to ask.

The gnaborretni is, of course, the inverted interrobang used for prefacing a Spanish (and a couple other languages) sentence which ends with an interrobang.

Edit:

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Confession: I always used "?!" but when I realized that cute girls use "!?" I changed to it :sachi: 

In that case, I'm definitely sticking with "?!".

Edit 2: Incidentally, the reason I finally went and looked this up is that I'm editing a text that used "!?" and was changing them out of habit, and then realized I should probably make sure there's some basis for my preference aside from a vague memory that it was supposed to be done this way. Looks like I'll have to go back and change them all back... or at least all the ones spoken by cute girls.

On 4/14/2016 at 10:29 PM, Soulless Watcher said:

I try and go through life thinking that everything is only a possibility, with the exception of "I think therefore I am", everything else is just a working hypothesis. That generally keeps my arguments tolerable, but I can still get "triggered" by certain subjects...... especially Nationalism and Mormonism.

Well those are two very different triggers...