Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

7 hours ago, rainsismyfav said:

I need to save up $13000 for a diamond ring. Or 52000 instant ramen noodles. :makina:

Take it from your resident, happily-married for almost 12 years, 39-year old onii-chan: don't. Love is more than grand gestures based on sales propaganda from Jared and Zales. There are so many other things to use that cash on that is so much more important than a ring your future wife will be afraid of wearing anyway. Down payment on a house, nest egg, eroges, car, etc.

Simple gold bands should work well for both of you.

5 hours ago, Nashetania said:

Confession: I have yet to eat any ramen at all :wafuu:

52 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I wonder if I'm the only person here who has eaten ramen from legit ramen restaurants, but never eaten instant ramen. At any rate, at least the real stuff is good. The salty-noodles-in-a-cup stuff probably tastes good too :sachi:

I'd like to have real ramen from a ramen restaurant someday, sadly Tallahassee isn't nearly as diverse in its dining options.

Instant ramen, cup or package, is awesomely delicious, but at a price. The stuff is saltier than @Decayreviewing a terrible eroge. But it's that salt that makes it taste so good. It was my go-to bachelor chow back in the day. Now I'm too damned old to be eating that stuff very much, if at all.

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I wonder if I'm the only person here who has eaten ramen from legit ramen restaurants, but never eaten instant ramen. At any rate, at least the real stuff is good. The salty-noodles-in-a-cup stuff probably tastes good too :sachi:

legit ramen is god, jesus you go there n' they greet you all japanese style and then you order soft/medium/hard noodles depending on your pref, check the box for the egg and extra pork, and order 5x extra noodles throughout your dining experience.

I'm pretty embarrassed about singing in public, but I do really enjoy it. Singing was always my favorite part of playing Rock Band, and I would do it quite happily even when playing it with a decent-sized party crowd. I was terrible at singing on-key when I first started, but I trained myself up pretty well with that game. I now sing frequently to myself at home, whenever I get songs with vocals stuck in my head.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

legit ramen is god, jesus you go there n' they greet you all japanese style and then you order soft/medium/hard noodles depending on your pref, check the box for the egg and extra pork, and order 5x extra noodles throughout your dining experience.

The egg is crucial. I also found I really like bamboo shoots and usually get extra of those, and I like adding roasted seaweed sometimes, but only if I eat it all right after it arrives, while it's still mostly crunchy. Letting it get soggy in the broth ruins it, somehow.

The place I mostly go to has a "low sodium" shoyu broth option; even so it's still crazy salty. I don't even want to know how bad it is for me, let alone how much worse the regular broth would be.

Incidentally, that place is about 4 blocks away. I went yesterday. Living downtown in a metropolitan city is awesome.

5 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Dammit, why didn't you say so beforehand!? :saber:

We've only been talking about ramen for eleven hours, how could I have known? :saber:

Anyway, I don't see any interesting panels on the schedule today, and I've already spent a few hours on the show floor (including plenty of time ... erm ... having friendly chats with MG and Sekai Project), so it looks like I've survived another con without buying a figurine or a dakimakura. There was a rather nice Tohsaka Rin figurine, which was really, really tempting, and SP had a few Grisaia dakimakura covers, which it turns out actually aren't tempting to me at all, which is something of a relief, but it looks like nonetheless I retain a few tattered shreds of dignity.