Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

Probably because if it does suck, there'll be plenty of people in the audience who will point and chuckle at you. The desire to not look bad in front of people can be a pretty good motivator :3

Best of luck :) 

I think there are several reasons, and this is probably one of the bigger ones, but a little more specifically, I don't want to look bad in front of a roomful of strangers. I didn't put in anything like this level of effort for presentations at work, even though they were in front of probably more people than I'll get at SakuraCon, and that's probably in part because they already knew and respected me.

The other big reason that I see is that I actually care about the material and I really want people to get something out of the presentation, ideally both enthusiasm and information.

Today I woke up at 2:30 AM thinking it was already 7 AM. Looked at my alarm clock: "2:30 AM, oh it must be broken." Look at my other clock: "2:30 AM, oh it must be broken too." Look at my phone: "2:30 AM, weird that my phone is showing the wrong time too." Some minutes later: "Why the fuck am I brushing my teeth in the middle of the night?"

On 3/14/2016 at 3:50 PM, Funyarinpa said:

Since you people are the only ones who'd understand, I'll just leave this here. 

My dad called my gaming habit an addiction an hour ago. I can't bear to even look at my gaming stuff right now. I can't sleep. Just opening Fuwa agitated me. I made rashes on both of my arms by scratching, deliberately. I think I was seeking that sharp feeling self-cutters (I have the perception that) feel. It helped in that it reduced the mental chaos a bit somehow. Maybe placebo. Still doing it, to a constant rhythm.

Anyways, this is a testament about what gaming is for me. There's addiction, but there's more to it than that too. The best part of my day is always gaming or talking on gaming forums (Fuwa being my favorite website and community ever). The people I befriended through gaming are most of my close friends at this point. Actually, the only people I hang out with outside school are schoolmates of mine I formed a clique with. All of us like memes and stuff (I find it cringeworthy myself but it's what it is). We're all gamers, from casual CoD player to a swindler on Roblox (he's actually in the top 5000 players or something) to me the Japanese niche stuff enthusiast. Then there's the internet. The people I meet through gaming are the people I want to talk to. There's much more common interest. They're more willing to talk. I can't really comprehend how one would go about living without gaming, people without gaming in their life are people I never feel I truly understand. IRL, I'm surrounded by people who I don't understand or relate to. Gaming let me meet people I want to be friends with. Nothing else provides the same connection.

And now my dad's banging on the door and trying to take away my consoles.

Your dad is right and you need to seek some medical attention.

12 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

This weekend I plan to:

• Get two weeks ahead in schoolwork
  • Finish Lucy
  • Make progress in SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • Check out Kindred Spirits on the Roof
  • Check out High School DxD

probably can do 3/5 of them. 4 if I'm lucky. 5 if

Can I place a bet on which one is definitely not going to happen? One of these things is not like the others.

Confession: I have seen Funya talking about something similar a few days ago and I want to vent off so I decided to talk about what's been happening to me lately, I have been rather not active that much. Here's a background for my story thou: I am in my senior year and the education system here is like this, you can throw away all your efforts in the garbage. If you don't do well on the national exams, you don't have a place in college, at least public ones which are cheap as no way in hell can my parents afford private ones. I have always been the top of my school, my performance has always been great. So prior to this year, my parents were pretty lax with my free time and how I spend it. I often had that habit of spending lots of time on playing and studying and sleeping less then nearly passing out. I hated social interaction in my life as long as it didn't bring happiness or fun time to me so I was known for being a brick who wouldn't truly stand beside his "friends" during their life. My parents knew that but never complained. I started this year pretty normally with an average of 3 hours/per day for studying and cramming before exams which don't matter anyways since the real exams are in June so these are mock exams I suppose (?). Anyways I have had numerous fights with my parents and I have talked about this before and these days tbh it's been getting to the degree where it depresses me and prevents me from having fun in playing or having the urge to study. I used to like studying a little since things aren't actually that hard and it's sometimes fun but now no matter what subject I study, I don't find it fun. I have had my mobile and pc taken from me on numerous occasions, my dad even threatened me that if I don't play for like an hour a day or less , he will not make me able to use internet. In other words, he won't pay for it. 

In case you are living under a rock, here in 3rd world countries like mine, families stress themselves with one and only one thing "I have to make sure my son/daughter enters one of the top colleges aka medicine, engineering or pharmacy". They have even started consulting people whose children were able to enter such colleges and they are starting to want to take the same retarded decisions they took with their children like not paying for internet for last 3 months. I study for nearly 8 hours a day now, sleep for 6 , have classes for 3-5 hours depending on the day and kinda play for the rest which is about 4-5 hours usually... They have started complaining a lot lately that since exams are in June and we are in March, I should start having a closed studying camp where I should study and study and study cause for some reason they think the more you study , the more you will get 100% aka a perfect score. I haven't got such a score in my life, I usually hang around 99% and in order to get into medicine college, you need a 98.5% so they are rather terrified. My grades in the mock exams haven't really got worse, mostly people complaining that I suck at drawing (I am the one who draws a pentose sugar like a tower for no reason) and I am working on fixing that. I have been doing things I never used to do , I have been taking detours after my lessons, not feeling like going back home, having suicidal thoughts and nearly attempting it once. I even tore a book once during my agitation and frustration.... To be honest, I have been trying to be a top student for mainly two reasons:

1-I love being at the top of anything

2-I love having lots of free time with no complaints

So I always thought that if I study hard enough, no one would come and take my entertainment away.... the conversations have been getting even harsher between me and my parents. They have been talking about everything bad in me. Last one was yesterday before I went to sleep, my dad said something along these lines: " You don't look at yourself in the mirror, do you? You have no friends, you have no social life, there's no one who loves you other than your parents, you are overweight and you don't go to the gym and god knows when you will get a disease because of it. You are not any good at sports. You are literally a selfish cunt. You think highly of yourself even thou you are nothing and you criticize everybody even thou you are the one worthy of that criticism. Your only redeeming factor is studying and if you lose that, you would really be a nobody and yet you don't wanna just have a little bit of hard time and study deligiently".  I have been feeling more and more tired lately and I have started to lose the fun I am having in my life. I don't even know what I wanna do anymore. What have I been working for and what am I going to work for? I suddenly realized I never had any real motivation to do things other than spending my free time with no complaints and that is being taken away from me. I am feeling extremely awful and bored out of my mind. And no problems are fixed by themselves in fact, they get more dire as time passes. My grades have been dropping more during this month and this will probably keep happening... I think that unintentionally, me and my parents are ruining my own life.

This is probably a very long post and I apologize for not putting it in spoilers tags but I have been looking for it on my phone and I can't find it and forgot how to do it manually.