Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Well, the interviewing chapter of my life is coming to a close. Today I heard back from the fourth and final company with which I interviewed: another "no thanks", leaving me with two offers. It's weird. The two that gave me offers were certainly the two I was most interested in, so I should be fine with it (and I mostly am), but it's still pretty crushing to hear that somebody doesn't want me.

So, at this point it's just a matter of making a final decision and hammering out details like start date (which won't be until April).

Also, in case you missed the other threads where I mentioned this and somehow care: I'll be presenting a panel "Getting Started With Visual Novels" at SakuraCon in a couple of weeks. If you're in the area and want to support and/or harass me in person, please come by!

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Also, in case you missed the other threads where I mentioned this and somehow care: I'll be presenting a panel "Getting Started With Visual Novels" at SakuraCon in a couple of weeks. If you're in the area and want to support and/or harass me in person, please come by!

So Winged Cloud finally managed to get a whole convention based on their visual novels? Will there be awkward scenes of girls falling on each other with their boobs touching? And can you present that instead?

CONFESSION: I'm trying to motivate myself. I feel like I've let just about everyone out there down. It's an exhausting feeling. I haven't written as much as I should. I haven't helped edit as much as I should. I haven't parented as well as I should. And I can't focus on things for long. I need a vacation, and not one of my typical vacations where I don't relax and end up more tired when it's over.

30 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Confession: I just looked at my schedule after a week-long vacation, and the first day I see is that I have a Biology course test right the next day

Welp, fuck me :wahaha:

Kids were complaining about that here too.  They were bitching about how we have a genetics test after spring break and how they didn't want to study over break.

Confession: I used to be a bully back in middle school. One time i had these 2 kids that were a lower grade than me fight each other just for my enjoyment. I ended up getting suspended when someone snitched on me :komari:. I also did lots of other things of which i am not proud of to my lower peers. I cleaned up my act after seeing a presentation along with other guys that were troublemakers like me by the father of a kid who comitted suicide after suffering from bullying for years. This was set up by the school of course. Overall what's been done is done, but this is a time in my life that i want to forget about. I eventually ended up apologizing and making friends with one of the classmates that i bullied, and he brings this up every now and then to make me sad inside.  

In other news today a homeless man was masturbating in the train that i was riding home in today. NYC is the best!

21 minutes ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Confession: I used to be a bully back in middle school. One time i had these 2 kids that were a lower grade than me fight each other just for my enjoyment. I ended up getting suspended when someone snitched on me :komari:. I also did lots of other things of which i am not proud of to my lower peers. I cleaned up my act after seeing a presentation along with other guys that were troublemakers like me by the father of a kid who comitted suicide after suffering from bullying for years. This was set up by the school of course. Overall what's been done is done, but this is a time in my life that i want to forget about. I eventually ended up apologizing and making friends with one of the classmates that i bullied, and he brings this up every now and then to make me sad inside.  

I feel that one.

A confession of my own in the same vein: I was a narcissistic shit in middle school who knocked everybody else to make myself feel better. An adult (a teacher at school, I think it was) told me as much, though not in those words, and explained that it was hurting the feelings of... well... most of the people around me. Thank God for that. Having to live with and reflect on past massive character flaws like that is painful as hell, but is probably what makes me (hopefully) a better human being today.

1 hour ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

37 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I feel that one.

A confession of my own in the same vein: I was a narcissistic shit in middle school who knocked everybody else to make myself feel better. An adult (a teacher at school, I think it was) told me as much, though not in those words, and explained that it was hurting the feelings of... well... most of the people around me. Thank God for that. Having to live with and reflect on past massive character flaws like that is painful as hell, but is probably what makes me (hopefully) a better human being today.

Confession: I understand both of these stories way too much. It burns my soul to think about how much I can relate to this. 

Confession 2: I feel like I have a LOT of catching up to do. Ah well, such is life. ^^

Realization: HOLY SHIT, MY REN EMOTE IS ACTUALLY A THING!?!?!?!?! 

3 hours ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Reminds me of the autistic kid I used to trigger for fun in elementary through middle school. I think it really satisfied me to get him in trouble for attacking me, because my Dad was a bit more abusive towards me back than and no one was ever going to tell him off. I stopped in highschool, not because of any grand revelation or presentation, it just dawned on me that I was being a dick. I was friendly to him for awhile afterwards, but kinda isolated myself from him after about a year. I realized I was simply being friendly to him so I would feel like a good person and that disgusted me.

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

Time for an Onee-san relationship :sachi:

Confession: I'd love to go out with someone a bit (1-5) years older than me. Learning from their experience etc. sounds fascinating. 

Confession: My wife is 9 years older than me. I love her dearly, but it's not all learning from experience. She can be as immature as anyone else out there. Older does not always mean wiser.

Good ol' nice guy Fred the Barber was a bully?

Tch. 

Calling you Fred the BULLY from now on ._.

:rimu:

~~

Though, thinking about it, I bullied, or rather was mean to, this one guy back in 5th grade. We met again in HS, and he was apparently a friend of one of my closer friends, awk. Nothing ever happened after that.

Funny thing, when you're kids, you're dumb. In middle school the two people who made fun of me and my best friend the most usually went with the "gay" taunting route. We're talking late 80's here, so we're not anywhere near sort-of-understanding mode yet. Many years later we're all friends on Facebook. My best friend lives in Seattle with his wife and kids. I live in Tallahassee with my wife and kids. The two main teasers? One is gay and the other is transgender. Maybe it really is those who don't know about themselves that use it to lash out the most. Anyway, you grow up and usually everything is cool, because you all realize how stupid you were as kids.

I love how all of the problems you had as a kid in your high and middle school years just don't matter anymore. Like, at all.

All those "I like this girl" or "I need to hold a presentation in front of the class" or "There's a guy who wants to steal my lunch money", all of this shit just doesn't effect your life in any way, despite seemingly being the most important things at the time.

So yeah, Kids are pretty dumb. But that's kind of the point of being a kid.