Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

1 minute ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Confession: I have no idea what kind of magical white box I just installed in my room, but this netgear switch should not be able to merge my two networks like it does.  My computer is connected to two routers simultaneously at the moment and I'm fucking shocked that it worked out like that. Beyond expectations.

Confession: I don't understand what's going on here since I have practically no understanding of networking.

Confession: I occasionally get horny when looking at figurines which are meant to be sexualized. This generally leads me to believe that I am in dire need of the purchase, however I end up providing myself self-pleasure in order to calm myself down and prevent that from happening.

Confession #2: I watch the Gurren Lagann giga drill break scene (the first one) every few months to remind myself to never give up on anything in life. I still, to this day, get shivers down my spine from that scene. It is absolutely beautiful.

Potential spoilers:

Confession: After talking about the problems I had in the Army during group therapy, some people started telling me that I have PTSD. My mom and brother thought I had it too for some time also, but I just couldn't bring myself to believe it till now. I didn't want to think I was in it that deep. But on the plus side, this could mean I'd qualify for 100% disability instead of the 50% I'm currently getting. Hopefully that comes out well enough.

38 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Confession: After talking about the problems I had in the Army during group therapy, some people started telling me that I have PTSD. My mom and brother thought I had it too for some time also, but I just couldn't bring myself to believe it till now. I didn't want to think I was in it that deep. But on the plus side, this could mean I'd qualify for 100% disability instead of the 50% I'm currently getting. Hopefully that comes out well enough.

Hopefully that leads to a cure. Whatever is the best for you, man. <3

1 minute ago, Funyarinpa said:

Hopefully that leads to a cure. Whatever is the best for you, man. <3

That's the sucky part of mental illnesses like this, there is no cure for it. The best you can do is try to manage it and cope with it. But with the therapy I've been getting, it's becoming a lot easier to deal with my stress than it was when I first left the service.

I appreciate the encouragement though. It really does mean a lot to me. :) 

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

That's the sucky part of mental illnesses like this, there is no cure for it. The best you can do is try to manage it and cope with it. But with the therapy I've been getting, it's becoming a lot easier to deal with my stress than it was when I first left the service.

I appreciate the encouragement though. It really does mean a lot to me. :) 

Meant treatment, sorry for the mix-up. I'm glad therapy is helping. ^_^

57 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

PTSD is really hard to armchair diagnose.  I'm not saying you might not have it, but having other people who aren't trained psychologists say it is really unreliable.  I guess if you are going to try for 100% disability you would probably have to get it officially diagnosed anyway.  Like you said, either way its a positive(?), and if you do have it, you could at least get treatment.

Just now, Abyssal Monkey said:

PTSD is really hard to armchair diagnose.  I'm not saying you might not have it, but having other people who aren't trained psychologists say it is really unreliable.  I guess if you are going to try for 100% disability you would probably have to get it officially diagnosed anyway.  Like you said, either way its a positive(?), and if you do have it, you could at least get treatment.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I didn't buy it at first. In fact, I'm still not entirely sure I have it, but that might explain why I've been having issues with depression for over 5 years, and why I'm so anxious about getting a job. When I was enlisted, my self-esteem was virtually null. I sucked at my job, my supervisor and squad leader hated me, my co-workers didn't want to talk to me, one guy with PTSD screamed at me, and almost every day at work was miserable because everybody around me was usually in a bad mood (including sergeants). It was kinda like that for my training too, except there were more people I got along with at the time and a somewhat better atmosphere (even in boot camp, lol). Towards the end of my enlistment, I could not go a day without panicking, and I wanted to kill myself. I had thought about jumping out of a window from a 3rd story of a building or banging my head on a sharp corner of a desk until I died. If I had been carrying a gun at the time, I probably wouldn't be here right now.

But see, it's kinda weird. I never actually tried to acknowledge this as a problem until I started talking about it in my group therapy. I thought the reason I was so scared to get a job anymore was because of general anxiety. And who knows, maybe it is. I don't get the same flashbacks that the others in my group diagnosed with PTSD do, but the thought of getting a job does scare the hell out of me. Well, whatever the case may be, I'll know more once I get a proper diagnosis.

4 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

It's always good for their concern and it's certainly a possibility, but it's definitely something a professional needs to diagnose. There are so many kinds of depression out there, and they all suck. I should know, I've been working on mine for years now. Best of luck!

So, in the ongoing "Fred quit his job and is interviewing" saga:

Confession: I got my first rejection today :komari:

Confession 2: But I got my first offer last week :miyako:

I just finished my third full-day interview today (so I'm absolutely exhausted), and my last full-day interview is Friday, so I'll probably hear back from both of those mid or late next week. I have no idea why I started up four of these in parallel - interviewing is vastly more taxing than just working... hopefully I won't do this again for a long time.

I posted it in the Fire Emblem thread, but I wanna post it here, because why not.

Confession: regarding the new fire emblem game, fates, this sums up my experience really nicely:

私は見た,落ちた,買った。

Confession 2: I'm somewhat proud that I made that parody with japanese that I actually know.  Sad that I can't actually read it due to the font being so damn small.

Confession: I'm likely to still recommend you all not to get married, after disappearing from here for over half a year.

I moved back from Hawaii after one month of staying there. We never had the chance to explore how our lives would have been there. I had to return to California to sign papers for the family business, and in the process revealed to my parents my relationship and the existence of their lovely grand daughter. 

My wife and I haven't talked in 2 days, and we're likely to get separated.

Confession: Today or yesterday already(?) I passed the hardest exam in my whole career to become a lawyer I'm just a few a few steps away from getting my degree, weirdly enough I don't feel happy at all, is like I should feel happy about it... and my friend today scolded me for that, he actually got angry with me  >_> fuck off

1 hour ago, crunchytaco said:

Confession: I'm likely to still recommend you all not to get married, after disappearing from here for over half a year.

I moved back from Hawaii after one month of staying there. We never had the chance to explore how our lives would have been there. I had to return to California to sign papers for the family business, and in the process revealed to my parents my relationship and the existence of their lovely grand daughter. 

My wife and I haven't talked in 2 days, and we're likely to get separated.

First off, I would like to say welcome back!

Second off........ well god damn that sounds rough.

Couple classmates that I rarely talk to were apparently talking about this one anime where "people have to kill and get away with it" and that the game just "came out on Steam recently" but they couldn't remember the name

And inside I was like, "No. fking way" and so I walked up to them, whipped out my Tabby, showed my desktop wallpaper, and was like "You talkin' bout Danganronpa right?"

I would've suicided on the spot if they weren't, but they were so YEAAAHHHH

And we spent the next 10 minutes nerding out and talking about Steam having the leak last year y'know it's totally false 'cos Half Life 3 and lolVitaDeadsoAllGamesPortingtoSteam and plsZeroEscapeAlsoCometoSteam

Felt pretty nice. My own set of friends are just whatevers or smh if I weeb out on them :saber:

2 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Couple classmates that I rarely talk to were apparently talking about this one anime where "people have to kill and get away with it" and that the game just "came out on Steam recently" but they couldn't remember the name

And inside I was like, "No. fking way" and so I walked up to them, whipped out my Tabby, showed my desktop wallpaper, and was like "You talkin' bout Danganronpa right?"

I would've suicided on the spot if they weren't, but they were so YEAAAHHHH

And we spent the next 10 minutes nerding out and talking about Steam having the leak last year y'know it's totally false 'cos Half Life 3 and lolVitaDeadsoAllGamesPortingtoSteam and plsZeroEscapeAlsoCometoSteam

Felt pretty nice. My own set of friends are just whatevers or smh if I weeb out on them :saber:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU LUCKY BASTARD

33 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:
18 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

18 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

: P

I don't know if they're into Visual Novel VNs though with all the H goodies so I'll have to tread carefully and not be all NEKO PARAAAA!@#$! and end up looking like a freak ._.

My closest friends just play hearthstone nowadays

But one of them, without asking me or anything, literally went and COMPLETELY UNIRONICALLY bought Sakura Swim Club. 

I'm just glad I could make him refund it in time.