Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

^ Whoa, watermelon girl, I thought you died :pyaa:

Your inability to believe anyone remembering the paper tape daki thingy is correct, for I have no idea what you are referring to.

~~

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

Confession: I'm definitely going to have weird dreams tonight, thanks to massively underestimating dinner prep time. Eating a big hearty meal 30 minutes before going to bed was one of the dumber moves I've made in the last week, and it bears mentioning that I quit my job in the last week.

Sweet dreams Fred <3

On 1/28/2016 at 4:09 PM, Ike said:

Actually, a confession: I would like to start using a new username everywhere in general, but I'm too uncreative to come up with something new and/or original.

Just do what I did.  Take the name of a character from a popular fiction series, change a few letters, and boom, new and completely original username!  It'll fool everyone!

8 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Just do what I did.  Take the name of a character from a popular fiction series, change a few letters, and boom, new and completely original username!  It'll fool everyone!

Fession: I know the origin, but I always associate your name with Disney; Zenon Girl of the 21st century + Phil of the Future+ Delicious Disney = Zenophilious

2 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Fession: I know the origin, but I always associate your name with Disney; Zenon Girl of the 21st century + Phil of the Future+ Delicious Disney = Zenophilious

Geez, dude, are you obsessed with Disney or something?

Have to say, I like the fact that you linked to Sachi's VNDB character page instead of my profile  :sachi:

Confession: So I was kind of seeing someone back in November, and she left the country for a 2-month vacation. She just got back two days ago and immediately texted me saying we should meet up, so we had dinner tonight. On the way there, I was thinking "I have zero chemistry with this girl. I need to find a way to turn this 'sort of seeing' thing into a 'not seeing' thing, without hurting her feelings, so I can feel good about dating that other girl I had drinks with earlier this week". I arrived at dinner, and she casually mentioned that while she was back home, her parents talked her into moving back to her home country for good, and that she already has a one-way ticket back home in two months.

First thought: :michiru:

Second thought: :sachi:

Everything worked out better than expected.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Confession: So I was kind of seeing someone back in November, and she left the country for a 2-month vacation. She just got back two days ago and immediately texted me saying we should meet up, so we had dinner tonight. On the way there, I was thinking "I have zero chemistry with this girl. I need to find a way to turn this 'sort of seeing' thing into a 'not seeing' thing, without hurting her feelings, so I can feel good about dating that other girl I had drinks with earlier this week". I arrived at dinner, and she casually mentioned that while she was back home, her parents talked her into moving back to her home country for good, and that she already has a one-way ticket back home in two months.

First thought: :michiru:

Second thought: :sachi:

Everything worked out better than expected.

You're savage.

Confession: I just tutored one of my relatives in how to factor quadratics.  It was fine up until they wanted them in the form of (ax+b)(cx+d).  At that point I gave up and looked it up on the internet on the "proper" way to do it.  Since the question asked specifically for the answer by factoring, I couldn't just tell her to use the quadratic formula, something 99% of people would use instead of actually factoring them due to it's ease. 

In any case, afterwards she asked for help installing this math program that apparently my uncle found lying around. Specifically Math Advantage 2000 Highschool Edition.  If the number 2000 in the title wasn't alarming enough, it gets better.  The laptop was running windows 8.  Question for all the nerds: What happens when you run a program designed for windows 95/98 on a modern operating system. Answer: you get a 16 bit operating system error saying the OS doesn't support it.  What was even better was that the installer used installshield, the incredibly old one. This one to be exact:

Spoiler

6.jpg

I dare you to name the last time you saw this tealliness.  So while the the disk was spinning up in the drive and windows was reading it, I looked at the book that it came with, and noticed copyright 1999.  I said "This probably won't work" while thinking "Oh no, holy shit."  Needless to say, the moment the 16 bit error occurred, I laughed myself out of the room at the old fashioned error that displayed.

14 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Confession: I just tutored one of my relatives in how to factor quadratics.  It was fine up until they wanted them in the form of (ax+b)(cx+d).  At that point I gave up and looked it up on the internet on the "proper" way to do it.  Since the question asked specifically for the answer by factoring, I couldn't just tell her to use the quadratic formula, something 99% of people would use instead of actually factoring them due to it's ease. 

That's a pretty useless ability which nonetheless got drilled into my head in middle school (though I'm probably bad at it by now... hold on, checking a sample problem sheet online... nope, still good at it, hooray :amane:). On the other hand, a few years earlier they drilled mental multiplication into my head, and I use that shit all the time still, so it wasn't a total loss.

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

That's a pretty useless ability which nonetheless got drilled into my head in middle school (though I'm probably bad at it by now... hold on, checking a sample problem sheet online... nope, still good at it, hooray :amane:). On the other hand, a few years earlier they drilled mental multiplication into my head, and I use that shit all the time still, so it wasn't a total loss.

Can you name the last time you had to factor a trinonial instead of using quadratic formula? The answer should probably be no considering the quadratic formula is faster and can give you the factors anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Can you name the last time you had to factor a trinonial instead of using quadratic formula? The answer should probably be no considering the quadratic formula is faster and can give you the factors anyway. 

I can't name the last time I had to calculate the roots of any polynomial using any method, let alone that more specific question. That's why I agreed with you - I said it's "a pretty useless ability".

But you are wrong on one point small - if the solution has integer coefficients, it's actually faster for me to let my brain slam the numbers together until it guesses the correct coefficients. For the sample problems I looked at online, that was definitely (still) the case. Apparently they drilled that useless ability into my head quite well.

4 hours ago, Nashetania said:

I wish people would vote for Angel Beats on the MangaGamer poll.

I don't think MangaGamer would be the ones to bring Angel Beats to the West. Fruit Bat Factory and and Sekai Project would have better chances considering they have already worked or are currently working with Key.

Confession: I had half a lime leftover from making dinner, and of course the only thing to do with half a lime (other than making dinner, naturally) is to make a cocktail. Unfortunately, the resulting cocktail was stronger than I realized, so following James Thurber, I've firmly already landed in "not enough" territory and am thinking I should make another. I have my first first-round job interview (since quitting my old job 10 days ago) tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll be fine, right? brb, making another drink...

Fred's the new CrunchyTaco, lite edition, keep at it, enjoying your life trials n' stories :3

~~
It's really funny getting spam/virus mails from really old high school acquaintances

It's like "I wonder what that noob did to get hacked", or rather, "How long it took for the hacker to crack their PW that wasn't changed for 5 years" :makina: