Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

4 minutes ago, Valmore said:

I can't root my phone that's been upgraded to Android 6.0 ... this makes me sad.

Why o.O

I actually don't understand.  If you were able to root it before, you should for sure be able to root it now.  The process shouldn't have changed at all.

Edit: Confession?: Listening to my mother rag on my 24 year old brother about getting a job is really painful, and hilarious at the same time.  It seriously sounds like kind of translated conversations about NEETs from anime.  The only thing missing is her actually throwing shit out or destroying things.  I give it 2 months before she does.  The inevitable is coming where she somehow disables his computer.

3 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Why o.O

I actually don't understand.  If you were able to root it before, you should for sure be able to root it now.  The process shouldn't have changed at all.

Edit: Confession?: Listening to my mother rag on my 24 year old brother about getting a job is really painful, and hilarious at the same time.  It seriously sounds like kind of translated conversations about NEETs from anime.  The only thing missing is her actually throwing shit out or destroying things.  I give it 2 months before she does.  The inevitable is coming where she somehow disables his computer.

They only just rolled out the updated from 5.1.1 to 6.0 for my phone, and it appears 6.0.1 isn't too far behind, so there isn't an exploit yet. Hopefully soon.

Confession: I just got back from what I thought was simple networking with a former co-worker to get a referral for a new job, but which ended up being half complaint binge (about our mutual former employer) and half drunken date (after a couple drinks, somehow both of us started talking about MMOs, and then we kept that topic up for a solid hour). All I know is that tomorrow I'm going to have both a hangover (mead is a hell of a drink) and another company's recruiters to chat with... and probably a good opportunity to set up another date with her. Mission accomplished, I guess?

11 hours ago, Valmore said:

They only just rolled out the updated from 5.1.1 to 6.0 for my phone, and it appears 6.0.1 isn't too far behind, so there isn't an exploit yet. Hopefully soon.

That's the thing, I don't ever recall having to use an exploit to root a phone.  I could swear that rooting is done by android exclusively and not the manufacturer.  The process of rooting is all elementary linux functions and if there was a need for manufacturer code, the drivers are required by google to be available when they push the update, so there should never be a need for an exploit, just a script build script.  

I mean, I did do it with a Nexus 4, so that might be why I had it easier, but I don't ever remember with my really old Alcatel needing an exploit to do it with.  There's a really old adage about linux: If you have physical access to the machine, you own it.  On arch, it was incredibly simple to remove out my friend from the wheel group and add me instead, all without knowing his password.  I can't imagine android being any different.

11 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Extremely random, did Fred ever talk about why the Sandbag is his choice of avatar

5 hours ago, luciodragao said:

that's his body pillow maybe? :sachi:

This is in the right ballpark. I was making fun of suikashoujo's dakimakura. Read from here:

And then it grew on me over time, so I kept it. Maybe it's symbolic of my role in life. Or something.

14 hours ago, TexasDice said:

>Username: Ike

>Roy Avatar

muh triggers

3 hours ago, LinovaA said:

Confession: I am right there with you.

Reveal hidden contents

fa3.jpg 

What's the difference? Ike was replacement for Roy in Brawl, after all.

Nah, Ike has been my username around the internet for ages now, so I don't feel like I need a matching avatar. Plus I made this avatar recently and I like it.

Actually, a confession: I would like to start using a new username everywhere in general, but I'm too uncreative to come up with something new and/or original.

Confession: I'm currently pathetically over-depressed, since I learned that I will not purchase Fire Emblem Fates. Curse my sworn oath to refuse purchasing localized titles that censor material from the original project (regardless how pointless or ridiculous it is)! Well..... at least now I will have enough money to buy Beat Blades Haruka.  

9 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Confession: I'm currently pathetically over-depressed, since I learned that I will not purchase Fire Emblem Fates. Curse my sworn oath to refuse purchasing localized titles that censor material from the original project (regardless how pointless or ridiculous it is)! Well..... at least now I will have enough money to buy Beat Blades Haruka.  

I shall now give you the same treatment I gave followers and those I follow on Twitter:

giphy.gif

TOTALLY LEWD, BANNED-IN-THE-USA HEADPAT!!!