Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I laugh whenever someone tries to justify something by using a statement with no explanation.  My favorite one recently is "it's cliched"/"it uses tropes"/"it's unoriginal". I think to myself "great, you've introduced a subject, now where is the evidence, and where is the explanation".

I always wondered in sophomore english why our teacher bitched at us about proper use of quotations from a source as evidence. I mean we were always told to introduce the piece of evidence, actually include it, interpret/explain it, then integrate it into our argument as to why it is relevant. Now I understand why. It gets really old really quickly when people don't properly explain things and say something as a simple pretense.

Sooooo many reviews on everything never get past the introduction step of "something is bad" and it's the main reason why when looking at any piece of media anymore I look solely at the genre tags it falls under.

CONFESSION: I don't feel I'm being as helpful to Zodai as I should be, and it's been bothering me. In between holidays and family and work and taking on a couple of other projects (I'm actually writing for an otome VN, I'm still adjusting to writing VN style as I come from a prose background), plus since I suck and never get on Skype... anyway, hope you got my last email about finding artwork to use, Zodai. I have a Dreamstime account and if you give me an idea of some scenes you're looking for I don't mind using some of my credits for the cause.

I think I got it, but I just got my brother's laptop back so and I can't quite remember what in specific it was you said.  Could you remind me?

People are busy sometimes - right now I'm still trying to grasp the fundamental's of what everybody is best at.  Some business can occur, and while it's certainly good to learn to get stuff done under suboptimal circumstances there's no need to feel overly pressured when it doesn't go through.

See you on the Email chain.

Edited by Zodai

CONFESSION: I don't feel I'm being as helpful to Zodai as I should be, and it's been bothering me. In between holidays and family and work and taking on a couple of other projects (I'm actually writing for an otome VN, I'm still adjusting to writing VN style as I come from a prose background), plus since I suck and never get on Skype... anyway, hope you got my last email about finding artwork to use, Zodai. I have a Dreamstime account and if you give me an idea of some scenes you're looking for I don't mind using some of my credits for the cause.

I think I got it, but I just got my brother's laptop back so and I can't quite remember what in specific it was you said.  Could you remind me?

People are busy sometimes - right now I'm still trying to grasp the fundamental's of what everybody is best at.  Some business can occur, and while it's certainly good to learn to get stuff done under suboptimal circumstances there's no need to feel overly pressured when it doesn't go through.

I think you were looking for artwork to use in-game. I was perusing sets of pictures on Dreamstime, and there's some stuff that probably usable, but it takes credits (which you purchase). I actually have an account with some credits on it, and it is legal to use the ones downloaded (though it's a good idea to add the source of the picture(s) in your credits). If you had an idea of what you want and the general height x width size you want I'd be glad to download some for the novel.

I think you were looking for artwork to use in-game. I was perusing sets of pictures on Dreamstime, and there's some stuff that probably usable, but it takes credits (which you purchase). I actually have an account with some credits on it, and it is legal to use the ones downloaded (though it's a good idea to add the source of the picture(s) in your credits). If you had an idea of what you want and the general height x width size you want I'd be glad to download some for the novel.

If I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't for in-game use, rather a reference to understand the tone of the setting and for use in the main writing.  Setting isn't as much of a specialty as character on my end and while I do have a small document of that it's not really anything strong enough to be sustainable with some of the government-bending in the background, since that now seems to be a heavier factor than was originally intended.

No snow over here.
Actually, if it were to snow everything would probably shut down...

Snow here is usually at most one or two inches, and you'd think the very apocalypse had arrived by the way everything shuts down and people make a mad run on the grocery store for stuff like bottled water. It happens once every few years, and I've learned to just stay in. Given I have no experience with it, I don't think I'd be especially great at driving in snow, but there are such a vast number of people out here driving around with no clue what they're doing that it'd be dangerous to drive in even if you were an expert and properly equipped.

Confession: I hate steam i fucking hate it, wanna play a game but you dont want to go online to play it? well too bad, you cant! 
I don't want to log in into my account and talk to my friends no i just want to play my damn game, why do i have to login and show everyone that im playing my games??fuck this shit >_>

Confession: I hate steam i fucking hate it, wanna play a game but you dont want to go online to play it? well too bad, you cant! 
I don't want to log in into my account and talk to my friends no i just want to play my damn game, why do i have to login and show everyone that im playing my games??fuck this shit >_>

You can swap to offline mode after logging on, or it'll default there if you aren't connected at all.

The exception is games with Always-Online DRM built in, as opposed to Steam's base system.  You still need to be online to download, though.

You can swap to offline mode after logging on, or it'll default there if you aren't connected at all.

The exception is games with Always-Online DRM built in, as opposed to Steam's base system.  You still need to be online to download, though.

I did that and all my games are telling me that i need to start them online for the first time like I already did many times >_> 
Also i think mgs phantom pain doesnt like to play offline either

I did that and all my games are telling me that i need to start them online for the first time like I already did many times >_> 

You can also just set you status to offline, that way nobody can bug you and you can play online.

You can also just set you status to offline, that way nobody can bug you and you can play online.

I'm going to start by saying that I'm an idiot, now with that out of the way, I didn't know you could do that D:
EDIT: it was kinda helpful but not quite, you still login and appear online the first time, i wish you could set it to login as disconnected from the chat as default :/

Edited by Deep Blue