Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: Being an older nerd who had social problems makes me sad reading this. Because I want to help. I really do. I've been there, and it's not always easy. So, I'll try as best I can here.

CHALLENGE: I'm going to tell you some things about myself here. At the end, I'm going to give you my email address. Zodai already has it, but he had a good day. Seriously, just write me about something. Anything. Consider me an email Pen Pal. Frankly, I always wanted pen pals anyway. No pressure, and you don't have to give all your personal details or anything - I'm not here to stalk you. Just type.

My name's Robert, most people call me Bo. I'm 38 years old and I live in Florida, but I'm originally from a tourist trap part of New Jersey. Growing up I was into golf, tennis and band (symphonic and marching). I didn't date a lot in high school. Maybe because I tried too hard and approached it wrong. I wrote poetry all the time, though I'd be hard pressed to find any of it now. I didn't really keep track of it after college, where I also dated infrequently. It wasn't until after college that I got into comics. I took a liking to X-Men and particularly Gambit, and when Marvel cancelled his ongoing series I got really pissed and looked for alternatives. I ran into a start-up called CrossGen Comics, and started reading those, and I also signed up for their forums/chat room.

In another thread I mentioned you could be anyone online, I found it easier to be myself. I wasn't lying. I never tried to pretend to be anything. While on the CrossGen site, I easily talked with many people, including females. And I'm not lying when I say that it somehow managed to have at least four different women interested in me. At the time I was living at home in NJ, working part time as a sports correspondent, part time at an Atlantic City paper and then full time at an Egg Harbor Township one. I was looking for a better paying position, and I went on an interview for a new weekly paper in New Hampshire. On the way there I stopped at one of those girl's places in Connecticut, and almost ended up with her. I got the position, and upon hearing it, a woman in Florida actually flew to NH to meet me - ultimately because she was afraid I'd end up with the girl in Connecticut. So she came up, and it went very well. In VN terms it was certainly a turn down what seemed to be the good path - if it was a Steam game someone at Fuwa would be adding the sex patch. We had a long distance relationship for a year, at that time the paper decided to go in a different direction and replaced almost all of its staff, me included. So, it was either go back to NJ, or go to Florida.

I went to Florida. The only person in Florida I knew was my girlfriend. Scary, especially if it didn't work out than I'd be moving again. Fortunately, it worked out. It wasn't always easy, but it was worth it. I've been married to her since December 2004 and we have two girls together. And I only won her over because I acted normal. I talked with her. Treated her with respect. Listened to her. Etc. I'm not an ugly guy. but I'm not particularly handsome, either.

Anyway, there's me for you. So here's my address: [email protected]. You don't have to write your personal narrative or anything like me - just write about something. Anything. The VN you're reading. Favorite sports team. The weather. Whatever. You'll likely never meet me in person, but I want you to at least feel like there's someone who'll listen to you. You can consider me your friend even. And why not? The closest person in my life started out as internet data on a screen.

urelated question, how many places in America have the same name as place's in England? 

A lot. Considering there's an entire region nicknamed "New England" you would't be surprised at how many places have the same names England, especially since much of America's history comes directly from there - England had the strongest influence in America after all, with France and Spain behind it. Heck, I went to college in York, PA and Lancaster, PA is east of York.

Confession: Being an older nerd who had social problems makes me sad reading this. Because I want to help. I really do. I've been there, and it's not always easy. So, I'll try as best I can here.

CHALLENGE: I'm going to tell you some things about myself here. At the end, I'm going to give you my email address. Zodai already has it, but he had a good day. Seriously, just write me about something. Anything. Consider me an email Pen Pal. Frankly, I always wanted pen pals anyway. No pressure, and you don't have to give all your personal details or anything - I'm not here to stalk you. Just type.

My name's Robert, most people call me Bo. I'm 38 years old and I live in Florida, but I'm originally from a tourist trap part of New Jersey. Growing up I was into golf, tennis and band (symphonic and marching). I didn't date a lot in high school. Maybe because I tried too hard and approached it wrong. I wrote poetry all the time, though I'd be hard pressed to find any of it now. I didn't really keep track of it after college, where I also dated infrequently. It wasn't until after college that I got into comics. I took a liking to X-Men and particularly Gambit, and when Marvel cancelled his ongoing series I got really pissed and looked for alternatives. I ran into a start-up called CrossGen Comics, and started reading those, and I also signed up for their forums/chat room.

In another thread I mentioned you could be anyone online, I found it easier to be myself. I wasn't lying. I never tried to pretend to be anything. While on the CrossGen site, I easily talked with many people, including females. And I'm not lying when I say that it somehow managed to have at least four different women interested in me. At the time I was living at home in NJ, working part time as a sports correspondent, part time at an Atlantic City paper and then full time at an Egg Harbor Township one. I was looking for a better paying position, and I went on an interview for a new weekly paper in New Hampshire. On the way there I stopped at one of those girl's places in Connecticut, and almost ended up with her. I got the position, and upon hearing it, a woman in Florida actually flew to NH to meet me - ultimately because she was afraid I'd end up with the girl in Connecticut. So she came up, and it went very well. In VN terms it was certainly a turn down what seemed to be the good path - if it was a Steam game someone at Fuwa would be adding the sex patch. We had a long distance relationship for a year, at that time the paper decided to go in a different direction and replaced almost all of its staff, me included. So, it was either go back to NJ, or go to Florida.

I went to Florida. The only person in Florida I knew was my girlfriend. Scary, especially if it didn't work out than I'd be moving again. Fortunately, it worked out. It wasn't always easy, but it was worth it. I've been married to her since December 2004 and we have two girls together. And I only won her over because I acted normal. I talked with her. Treated her with respect. Listened to her. Etc. I'm not an ugly guy. but I'm not particularly handsome, either.

Anyway, there's me for you. So here's my address: [email protected]. You don't have to write your personal narrative or anything like me - just write about something. Anything. The VN you're reading. Favorite sports team. The weather. Whatever. You'll likely never meet me in person, but I want you to at least feel like there's someone who'll listen to you. You can consider me your friend even. And why not? The closest person in my life started out as internet data on a screen.

Ahhh so you guys started as an internet thing and married when you were 27. Wow really inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. I'm still 24 and there are still many challenges ahead of me. Your story gives me hope and optimism in life. One thing I realized was I definitely have to step my game up when it comes to finance and general real life stuff. You made it happen. You flew to NH and Florida. I can relate to this.

I'm soon leaving NJ (by next week). I've lived a decade in Jersey City area; absolutely hate this place... but I'm hopeful I'll be in a better place.

I can attest that online interactions really help break the ice. It helps develop relationships that otherwise wouldn't happen in real life.

Long distance is definitely not viable for the long-term though... It's tough.

Edited by rainsismyfav

Ahhh so you guys started as an internet thing and married when you were 27. Wow really inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. I'm still 24 and there are still many challenges ahead of me. Your story gives me hope and optimism in life. One thing I realized was I definitely have to step my game up when it comes to finance and general real life stuff. You made it happen. You flew to NH and Florida. I can relate to this.

I'm soon leaving NJ (by next week). I've lived a decade in Jersey City area; absolutely hate this place... but I'm hopeful I'll be in a better place.

I can attest that online interactions really help break the ice. It helps develop relationships that otherwise wouldn't happen in real life.

Yep, it started completely over the internet, though that doesn't surprise me as much as it used to. But that's what can be great about the internet, you can be who you are and likely find many others like you who will like you. It takes effort to meet those people in person, though, since it's unlikely they're that close to you, but even just having a friend you type with is a great thing to have.

And yep, you've got a lot ahead of you at 24. Getting out of a place you don't like may help. I'm from Cape May County and while I loved it, it's a tourist trap that dies around September every year. I liked New Hampshire but there wasn't much reason to stay after the paper made its changes. I'd hate to think where I'd be had I picked the option of going home to NJ. Florida was the right call.

Confession: There are a bunch of posts I want to respond to, but I can't get the quotes to behave and delete, and I am too lazy to try and find the way to do it.

So...

Confession 2: I also wonder what my reputation on Fuwa is. I've been here for almost a year, although I haven't been around much lately. :P

Also...

@Flutterz

I understand this feeling. I literally haven't made a single friend at my University. While yes, I do have friends AT the University, they are friends I made beforehand, and are a year behind me. My first year was just me sitting alone and depressed in various corners of the University, moping and trying to work up the courage to talk to people. Hell, I almost did when I saw this one girl who was wearing an Attack on Titan hoodie, but nerves got the best of me before I could even work through a way to untie my tongue and just say hello.

Essentially, University is a really hard place to make friends. I have heard it is far easier to make friends at community college, as I do have friends there and they have met tons to cool people. 

TL;DR: University sucks and community college is kinda cool.

If you ever need to talk, there is always this fellow KEY fan to listen to the feels. J-J-Just so you know. :yumiko:

I've also been in college for 2 years now and haven't made a single friend my age. The only close friend I attained by being here is a 33 year old woman, married and has a son (she graduated last year and was my partner in group assignments for a whole year). With her, things went very well, but other than that, I get along well with the teachers and that's it. Most people in my college are girls. Girls who aren't interested in games or Japanese things in general (closest thing is people who watch Game of Thrones) and whenever gaming comes up in classes, they speak of it in a sardonic fashion, as if playing games on YT for a living is the same as being a cancer to society and they also mention that "the people who shoot school kids in the US play games". 

Confession 2: I wonder daily what my reputation is here (and even if I have one lol).

I think of you as the guy who uses the weird font. Also you wrote a pretty good review ^_^

Anyway, good to know people see my threads as interesting and not just as "guy's whining again...Great..." . And thank you, mister. I was considering writing another one for a VN not covered yet. Also, think of it this way, you might be alone and lonely, but that's better than having shit friends who are bad influences or abuse you (that's what I try to tell myself at least). And I'm also open for conversation if thou so desireth, good Sir. I am probably not an enticing candidate for dialogue, but as they say on the interwebs:

l79tdKl.png 

Edited by InvictusCobra

Confession 2: I also wonder what my reputation on Fuwa is. I've been here for almost a year, although I haven't been around much lately. :P

Definitely better than mine but that doesn't mean it's good...  :makina: 

Edited by Kiriririri

I don't read this thread that much anymore, but I will say that as someone who had a long distance relationship for over a year, it's definitely possible. Being close to each other and having some sort of physical contact (whether that is sexual or not) is hard to live without, but anything is possible so long as you set your mind to it.

If you don't mind me saying, you and Cyrille are very sweet people. You both have kind hearts and care a lot about those around you (I can attest to that and you know why). I can't promise you anything about your futures, but I want you to know that I stand on the sidelines wishing you guys the best of luck. No matter what happens in your relationship, remember to always be the best of friends and always keep your chins held high. I dated my old girlfriend Katelyn for 4 years and was very much in love with her. We parted ways because we wanted to pursue different paths, but in the end we still talked to each other all the time and remained close as friends. To this day I still talk to her when I need advice about girl things, and she does the same when it comes to men. I feel like I can tell her anything, and that is what I hope you guys end up sharing no matter what happens. Talking always goes a long way, and as long as you tell yourself that, you can make it work. :)

Confession 2: I wonder daily what my reputation is here (and even if I have one lol).

I think of you as the guy who uses the weird font. Also you wrote a pretty good review ^_^

Confession: super whining time

Confession: I'm curious what kind of reputation I have on here too.

You could try talking to people who are also on their own. I remember going to an anime club alone once or twice.. and it's always a pleasant surprise when someone tries to talk to me... or else I just sit there alone being bored.  Being on your own, it can be kind of hard to break into already formed groups.. so maybe try targeting the ones who are also alone?  Since people who go to clubs mostly go to mingle & make friends, it shouldn't be too weird?

I can be really shy... but sometimes I take the chance to be super weird out of my comfort zone to get to know someone and have made friends from it. You just have to make yourself dooo iiiit~ even if your mind is screaming noooo. Target people you're not intimidated by first, and as you get better~ you can try with girls or w/e.

you're that one girl who just happens to be around / appear randomly and are usually quiet otherwise, but when something piques your interest and you chime in you're the one that has the most interesting and/or amusing things to say :P

~~

looks like people are gettin' harty to hearty, will read up and respond in 3days 3hours and 3minutes cuz Histoire

Edited by Eclipsed

Confession: Talking to a couple of people for a few hours yesterday helped a bit

Confession 2: Starting a relationship online probably wouldn't work, being a university student sponsored by and living with my parents I can neither really go anywhere or have people come over

Confession: You've always seemed so open-minded, and friendly to me.  I also get the sense that you're a very kind and sweet boyfriend from the thoughts and details you've shared about in your relationship.  You seem well-known as the person who loves the feels.  Oh, and it looks like Rain crushes on you~ ;)

Confession: I'm having trouble concentrating on books, I just can't feel drawn into the book's world. Don't know why. It makes me very sad,  books used to be my biggest passion and now I have trouble with enjoying them. :( (currently trying to read Brave New World) 

Is it because you're currently stressed about something?  I can get like that sometimes when I'm too distracted, either by trying to do too many things at once or just worried about things, making me unable to fully relax/concentrate.