Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession:  We'll be close-by enough I'll be able to bug him a lot if he lets me. Yay~ ^_^  

I knew it! \ :mare: /

I'm stil trying to figure out how to do that :sachi: 

Hover over the header of the quote you want to remove and a red line should appear above it, if you click on the "Enter"-like button on the right side of the line it will create a new line before that quote. After that you can just select the quote and delete it.

Confession:  I'm having trouble with some writing stuff and my editor/producer has been super busy lately.  ;-;

What are you writing?

OELVN project.  13,000-14,000 words in at the moment.

Sounds cool. Forgive my noobish ignorance but is it an indie VN or are you with a large company?

It's closer to indie than anything else.  Generally we're hoping to get a demo up that goes to about the 30,000-40,000 word mark.  After that we'll be able to get a kickstarter up and running, and hopefully the demo will serve as a jumpstart to get lots of funds.  :P

Sounds like fun! I look forward to checking out the demo!

Thank you.  Development never moves as smoothly as one would like but at the very least I hope to finish the demo's writing by January.  We still need to find artists though ;-;

if u need music. I can help

We have a composer though he's doing other stuff as well.  You'd have to ask him :P

i was joking. My music isn't consumer standard 

It's always difficult to tell when people are joking.  xD

if ur interested though, I can give my sound cloud account. I'd love for my music to b3 used in art

This almost looks like a work of modern art.

Confession: I sometimes wish some of my posts would make people interested in striking a conversation. God, I'm pitiful.

Confession 2: I wonder daily what my reputation is here (and even if I have one lol).

Edited by InvictusCobra

Confession: I sometimes wish some of my posts would make people interested in striking a conversation. God, I'm pitiful.

Confession 2: I wonder daily what my reputation is here (and even if I have one lol).

It's not pitiful to want human interaction. Think of something you want to talk about and start a thread. Maybe it takes off, maybe it doesn't. But if you don't try...

I agree. It is quite a fantastic pyramid!
For what it's worth, I do think you bring up some interesting things to talk about. I definitely would not mind participating, but I'm a bit incompetent in these types of engagements. I'm the kind of person that gets interested in various topics, and yet most of the time I find myself at a loss as to how I can make a worthwhile contribution to discussion. Consequently, the majority of my posts are idle chatter, image/video spamming, and sharing my opinion on whatever I'm reading, playing, or watching. Sometimes I'll get into a debate with someone if I feel confident enough in what I'm arguing about, but that's it. Personally, I think you should keep on with what you're doing. The more chances you give to converse with you, the better you're likelihood for a chance encounter will be.

I'm having a reeeeeeeally good writing day today.  :D

Scene 6 complete - 3,107 words in total, with 1,576 of those done in one day!

Of course, it's not like I can just stop there, can I?

Must be because of the new signature xD

Edited by Zodai

I think of you as the guy who uses the weird font. Also you wrote a pretty good review ^_^

Its even worse on mobile, this page is literally 60k pixels tall.

Speaking of being worse on mobile, as soon as I use a quote or an emoticon on mobile I can't type anymore. And since the forum keeps a draft of your messages, I can't even refresh to get rid of it. >.>

Confession: super whining time

I dunno if I can keep going to the astronomy club, the main reason why I started going in the first place was to maybe make some friends since some people say "well all you gotta do is join a club at university, you'll make plenty of friends there", but so far not a single person has even talked to me. And I can understand that happening before or after a lecture, most people either go with people they already know or go alone and it's not like you can talk much during the lecture itself so it's natural that people wouldn't talk to me, but this is a club and it's even worse because all three time I've gone I've heard conversations along the lines of "Hey I haven't seen you here before, you must be new to the club" and so on, just... not with me. It's just even more painful this way. Also doesn't help that I get really depressed around my birthday, since it's basically just "another shitty year went by".

Just really needed to get that off my chest. :vinty: I don't have anyone I can talk to either, so here I am complaining.

Hidden Content

Maybe try talking to the club officers, just introducing yourself. Maybe find some excuse like asking about upcoming events? The club officers are going to be the people with a vested interest in getting new people to stick with the club, so they're the most likely to go out of their way to be friendly to you initially.

That said, your club events are mostly lectures, it sounds like? Seems weird, and if your goal is socializing, not the best choice.

General recommendation: find some club (or whatever) revolving around playing, rather than an intellectual pursuit. It's a vastly more effective way to bond than anything else I know of. There's a reason people still throw around this quotation of Plato frequently: "You can learn more about a person in an hour of play than from a lifetime of conversation".

Confession: I might end up firing someone at work in the near future, and while I can think rationally to myself about why it's necessary, it's a huge problem for me emotionally. My own boss has been out for the last few days so I haven't been able to talk to him about it, and that's making me fret even more about it.

Since I can't offer advice to flutterz, I'll just join the super whining time:

My mom is getting more and more annoyed at me, sitting around in escapism without contributing a cent to the household. But since I don't have any ambitions, dreams or interests, I have to somehow find a job that requires the lowest amount of work humanly possible to retain my drifting nothingness, while still paying for my lazy bum.

Why am I even writing this? I know for a fact that giving me advice, sympathy or even criticism is pointless.

@Flutterz keep trying, that's actually one of the hardest things in life imo: trying to gain a social circle/network at uni starting solo, cuz things are usually already established by then: people have their cliques already and yada yada and so you reaaaally have to put in the effort to make fwends; acquaintances and small talk is ez, but getting ppl to actually want to chill with you after class? ggrekt

Keep trying: if astro club doesn't work out, try new clubs, new activities even, if you have to. Eventually, one day, you'll find that one person you click with, and from then on your network can only grow cuz you'll both be running around doing things and then you'll find another unfortunate victim someone else to bombastically add to your group and it's like a domino effect

Then this clique will eventually spawn its own cliques and whatever clique you're a part of BAM will be the 'lifetime college friends'

acquaintances and small talk is ez

I don't even have that, I meant "friends" in the loosest sense of the word :amane: I haven't even talked to anyone outside of the rare times we had group work since my first year, which was 3 years ago now.

Maybe try talking to the club officers, just introducing yourself. Maybe find some excuse like asking about upcoming events? The club officers are going to be the people with a vested interest in getting new people to stick with the club, so they're the most likely to go out of their way to be friendly to you initially.

That said, your club events are mostly lectures, it sounds like? Seems weird, and if your goal is socializing, not the best choice.

General recommendation: find some club (or whatever) revolving around playing, rather than an intellectual pursuit. It's a vastly more effective way to bond than anything else I know of. There's a reason people still throw around this quotation of Plato frequently: "You can learn more about a person in an hour of play than from a lifetime of conversation".

Well I already got a membership since it was only $5 and meant free food each meeting for a year, so that's kinda out lol. And they have a mailing list about upcoming events too.

Sure they're "lectures" kinda, but they're much more laid-back than actual lectures, plus there's like ~20 minutes before and after when everyone just chills and eats pizza.

I've looked around and this was the only remotely interesting club I found, plus I suck at all kinds of sports and even things you'd think a nerd would be into like board games or DnD because those aren't the kinds of things you can do alone.

I think of you as the guy who uses the weird font. Also you wrote a pretty good review ^_^

Confession: I'm curious what kind of reputation I have on here too.

You could try talking to people who are also on their own. I remember going to an anime club alone once or twice.. and it's always a pleasant surprise when someone tries to talk to me... or else I just sit there alone being bored.  Being on your own, it can be kind of hard to break into already formed groups.. so maybe try targeting the ones who are also alone?  Since people who go to clubs mostly go to mingle & make friends, it shouldn't be too weird?

I can be really shy... but sometimes I take the chance to be super weird out of my comfort zone to get to know someone and have made friends from it. You just have to make yourself dooo iiiit~ even if your mind is screaming noooo. Target people you're not intimidated by first, and as you get better~ you can try with girls or w/e.

You could try talking to people who are also on their own. I remember going to an anime club alone once or twice.. and it's always a pleasant surprise when someone tries to talk to me... or else I just sit there alone being bored.  Being on your own, it can be kind of hard to break into already formed groups.. so maybe try targeting the ones who are also alone?  Since people who go to clubs mostly go to mingle & make friends, it shouldn't be too weird?

I can be really shy... but sometimes I take the chance to be super weird out of my comfort zone to get to know someone and have made friends from it. You just have to make yourself dooo iiiit~  Target people you're not intimidated by first, and as you get better~ you can try with girls or w/e.

As for your reputation, these days some of it revolves around the stuff with Rains (Since something like that is so rare in terms of intra-forum connections) but aside from that you seem intelligent and somewhat cute in terms of how you come off.

Also, 2500 words today!  YESSSSSSSS!

I can be really shy... but sometimes I take the chance to be super weird out of my comfort zone to get to know someone and have made friends from it. You just have to make yourself dooo iiiit~  Target people you're not intimidated by first, and as you get better~ you can try with girls or w/e.

Sadly the anime club takes place at the exact same time as one of my classes, so that's not an option :/

And I have a real problem with talking to people first if it's not for some specific reason like finding out about something or whatever, to the point that I actually freeze up. :amane: Which is why I'm kinda hoping someone would talk to me instead, but I guess I'm just extremely unapproachable or something because 3.5 years and no dice.

Confession: I've recently started lurking on /r/foreveralone because it's nice to know that some people are as badly or even worse off than I am :vinty: The schadenfreude is real

The weird kid that uses a weird font. A weirdo that makes some good threads every now and then. A nice weirdo overall. :wafuu:

Confession: Changed my avatar after using the same one for a good while now. It feels weird.

Confession: Being an older nerd who had social problems makes me sad reading this. Because I want to help. I really do. I've been there, and it's not always easy. So, I'll try as best I can here.

CHALLENGE: I'm going to tell you some things about myself here. At the end, I'm going to give you my email address. Zodai already has it, but he had a good day. Seriously, just write me about something. Anything. Consider me an email Pen Pal. Frankly, I always wanted pen pals anyway. No pressure, and you don't have to give all your personal details or anything - I'm not here to stalk you. Just type.

My name's Robert, most people call me Bo. I'm 38 years old and I live in Florida, but I'm originally from a tourist trap part of New Jersey. Growing up I was into golf, tennis and band (symphonic and marching). I didn't date a lot in high school. Maybe because I tried too hard and approached it wrong. I wrote poetry all the time, though I'd be hard pressed to find any of it now. I didn't really keep track of it after college, where I also dated infrequently. It wasn't until after college that I got into comics. I took a liking to X-Men and particularly Gambit, and when Marvel cancelled his ongoing series I got really pissed and looked for alternatives. I ran into a start-up called CrossGen Comics, and started reading those, and I also signed up for their forums/chat room.

In another thread I mentioned you could be anyone online, I found it easier to be myself. I wasn't lying. I never tried to pretend to be anything. While on the CrossGen site, I easily talked with many people, including females. And I'm not lying when I say that it somehow managed to have at least four different women interested in me. At the time I was living at home in NJ, working part time as a sports correspondent, part time at an Atlantic City paper and then full time at an Egg Harbor Township one. I was looking for a better paying position, and I went on an interview for a new weekly paper in New Hampshire. On the way there I stopped at one of those girl's places in Connecticut, and almost ended up with her. I got the position, and upon hearing it, a woman in Florida actually flew to NH to meet me - ultimately because she was afraid I'd end up with the girl in Connecticut. So she came up, and it went very well. In VN terms it was certainly a turn down what seemed to be the good path - if it was a Steam game someone at Fuwa would be adding the sex patch. We had a long distance relationship for a year, at that time the paper decided to go in a different direction and replaced almost all of its staff, me included. So, it was either go back to NJ, or go to Florida.

I went to Florida. The only person in Florida I knew was my girlfriend. Scary, especially if it didn't work out than I'd be moving again. Fortunately, it worked out. It wasn't always easy, but it was worth it. I've been married to her since December 2004 and we have two girls together. And I only won her over because I acted normal. I talked with her. Treated her with respect. Listened to her. Etc. I'm not an ugly guy. but I'm not particularly handsome, either.

Anyway, there's me for you. So here's my address: [email protected]. You don't have to write your personal narrative or anything like me - just write about something. Anything. The VN you're reading. Favorite sports team. The weather. Whatever. You'll likely never meet me in person, but I want you to at least feel like there's someone who'll listen to you. You can consider me your friend even. And why not? The closest person in my life started out as internet data on a screen.

Confession: Being an older nerd who had social problems makes me sad reading this. Because I want to help. I really do. I've been there, and it's not always easy. So, I'll try as best I can here.

CHALLENGE: I'm going to tell you some things about myself here. At the end, I'm going to give you my email address. Zodai already has it, but he had a good day. Seriously, just write me about something. Anything. Consider me an email Pen Pal. Frankly, I always wanted pen pals anyway. No pressure, and you don't have to give all your personal details or anything - I'm not here to stalk you. Just type.

My name's Robert, most people call me Bo. I'm 38 years old and I live in Florida, but I'm originally from a tourist trap part of New Jersey. Growing up I was into golf, tennis and band (symphonic and marching). I didn't date a lot in high school. Maybe because I tried too hard and approached it wrong. I wrote poetry all the time, though I'd be hard pressed to find any of it now. I didn't really keep track of it after college, where I also dated infrequently. It wasn't until after college that I got into comics. I took a liking to X-Men and particularly Gambit, and when Marvel cancelled his ongoing series I got really pissed and looked for alternatives. I ran into a start-up called CrossGen Comics, and started reading those, and I also signed up for their forums/chat room.

In another thread I mentioned you could be anyone online, I found it easier to be myself. I wasn't lying. I never tried to pretend to be anything. While on the CrossGen site, I easily talked with many people, including females. And I'm not lying when I say that it somehow managed to have at least four different women interested in me. At the time I was living at home in NJ, working part time as a sports correspondent, part time at an Atlantic City paper and then full time at an Egg Harbor Township one. I was looking for a better paying position, and I went on an interview for a new weekly paper in New Hampshire. On the way there I stopped at one of those girl's places in Connecticut, and almost ended up with her. I got the position, and upon hearing it, a woman in Florida actually flew to NH to meet me - ultimately because she was afraid I'd end up with the girl in Connecticut. So she came up, and it went very well. In VN terms it was certainly a turn down what seemed to be the good path - if it was a Steam game someone at Fuwa would be adding the sex patch. We had a long distance relationship for a year, at that time the paper decided to go in a different direction and replaced almost all of its staff, me included. So, it was either go back to NJ, or go to Florida.

I went to Florida. The only person in Florida I knew was my girlfriend. Scary, especially if it didn't work out than I'd be moving again. Fortunately, it worked out. It wasn't always easy, but it was worth it. I've been married to her since December 2004 and we have two girls together. And I only won her over because I acted normal. I talked with her. Treated her with respect. Listened to her. Etc. I'm not an ugly guy. but I'm not particularly handsome, either.

Anyway, there's me for you. So here's my address: [email protected]. You don't have to write your personal narrative or anything like me - just write about something. Anything. The VN you're reading. Favorite sports team. The weather. Whatever. You'll likely never meet me in person, but I want you to at least feel like there's someone who'll listen to you. You can consider me your friend even. And why not? The closest person in my life started out as internet data on a screen.

urelated question, how many places in America have the same name as place's in England?