Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I decided to come back a little earlier than planned. Turns out taking a break from Fuwa hasn't given me what I hoped it would. Considering how the number of people irl I can relate with, I started feeling a little bit lonely. I have managed to reconnect with a few people on FB, but they're mostly gamers that I met online. So I'm just about doing the same thing there as I was here, but with even fewer people. My irl friends have either moved away or won't respond to my messages. Kinda blows. :kosame:
So yep, I'm back! I have at least made a little bit of progress, in that I have a few job applications in and I'm starting to sleep a little better. Turns out it's actually a lot easier to sleep when you wake up before sunrise. I started drinking decaf sleeping coffee too (it works really well). But in spite of all my efforts to de-stress myself, I still can't seem to get it together. My psychologist decided that I need to start getting therapy treatment for my depression and anxiety issues, so hopefully that helps to get things going along.

I feel at home coming back here. It just felt like something was missing from my life and I couldn't feel right no matter what I tried. That said, it does feel a little awkward not having Gravity Green, but I'm sure I'll get over that... Maybe. Either way, it's good to be back.
Just in time to wish Flutterz a happy birthday too! Holy crap, has it really been a year already? I remember doing this for your last one. o.o

Welcome back Ken, good luck with your troubles also. Remember, everyone here will lend you an ear if you want to talk.

Confession: I decided to come back a little earlier than planned. Turns out taking a break from Fuwa hasn't given me what I hoped it would. Considering how the number of people irl I can relate with, I started feeling a little bit lonely. I have managed to reconnect with a few people on FB, but they're mostly gamers that I met online. So I'm just about doing the same thing there as I was here, but with even fewer people. My irl friends have either moved away or won't respond to my messages. Kinda blows. :kosame:
So yep, I'm back! I have at least made a little bit of progress, in that I have a few job applications in and I'm starting to sleep a little better. Turns out it's actually a lot easier to sleep when you wake up before sunrise. I started drinking decaf sleeping coffee too (it works really well). But in spite of all my efforts to de-stress myself, I still can't seem to get it together. My psychologist decided that I need to start getting therapy treatment for my depression and anxiety issues, so hopefully that helps to get things going along.

I feel at home coming back here. It just felt like something was missing from my life and I couldn't feel right no matter what I tried. That said, it does feel a little awkward not having Gravity Green, but I'm sure I'll get over that... Maybe. Either way, it's good to be back.
Just in time to wish Flutterz a happy birthday too! Holy crap, has it really been a year already? I remember doing this for your last one. o.o

Eyyy man, welcome back.

Confession: I used to play those crappy typing computer games obsessively in elementary school. 

I used to play a mario typing game when I was really young, which made learning it fun.  I remember at one point (I forgot exactly when and how it triggered), but I got annoyed at my peck-typing speed since it was slow, so I actively practiced how to type faster with lesson games.  I used to play a lot of mmorpgs, so that probably helped too, since I chatted a lot and needed to control my character at the same time.

My wpm is around 80s with accuracy, and it could go up to 90s if only tested for a short time. 

Confession: I want to get involved in the creation of a visual novel, despite not having any experience at all. I do have professional experience in writing/editing newspaper content, and I have a degree in political science with a minor in English. So I think I can be an asset. I’m willing to proofread, edit, and/or write – all for free. Seriously, I just want to feel a part of the creation process again, and I’ve come to love the VN format. Just a copy of the finished product is all I’d ask, well, and credit in the credits. But that’s it. No cash required. Just so long as it’s a project in English (I can’t translate foreign languages, sadly).

I'd assume it'd be good to get to writing, then.

Been working on that part - I put an excerpt of what I've been writing in the creative forum. It's still a little raw with a lot to flesh out, but it feels good to be trying again. Even in the meantime I'd love to even just proofread, if only to get my foot in somewhere with someone. I'm not above grunt work.

I've never played a typing game. All my ability comes purely from regular use, lol. :P Never got around to measuring my speed though. ._.

I don't know if typing games are really even used much anymore. When I was younger computers were mostly seen by society as fancy typewriters, so half the software schools used were mainly to teach typing. Computers are so widespread now I don't know if it's even worth bothering - most kids are already using them by the time they hit school.

Confession: I want to get involved in the creation of a visual novel, despite not having any experience at all. I do have professional experience in writing/editing newspaper content, and I have a degree in political science with a minor in English. So I think I can be an asset. I’m willing to proofread, edit, and/or write – all for free. Seriously, I just want to feel a part of the creation process again, and I’ve come to love the VN format. Just a copy of the finished product is all I’d ask, well, and credit in the credits. But that’s it. No cash required. Just so long as it’s a project in English (I can’t translate foreign languages, sadly).

Been working on that part - I put an excerpt of what I've been writing in the creative forum. It's still a little raw with a lot to flesh out, but it feels good to be trying again. Even in the meantime I'd love to even just proofread, if only to get my foot in somewhere with someone. I'm not above grunt work.

I noticed it but I haven't read through it yet.  Getting feedback is important to do, I'm just a bit out of it to do it myself ^^;;

Confession:  I just made my waifu into a wallpaper.

IT'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL <3

http://puu.sh/kYZSG/0b8f97286c.jpg

I noticed it but I haven't read through it yet.  Getting feedback is important to do, I'm just a bit out of it to do it myself ^^;;

Oooooh, pretty. :)

Oooooh, pretty. :)

:D

Edited by Zodai

Confession.  I also just made her into a Fuwa signature.

Edit:  It's not showing up yet.  Q_Q

Edit:  YES I FIXED IT IT'S WORKING <3

Also I made a new post because I wasn't sure if it'd show up on old ones but it did anyway ><;;

Edited by Zodai

Confession: I can't draw. At all. If I were to draw my eventual waifu, it would be a stick figure.

I felt the same about myself until 1.5 years ago. Then I decided "screw this, I probably can draw, I just wasn't taught correctly". So I read some stuff on the internet and found that, in fact, I wasn't taught correctly. The internet told me that the thing I was doing wrong was basically that I was trying to draw whole things (synthesizing it with my left brain), rather than using my right brain and breaking down things into all the individual lines/shapes and their relative proportions. I got a pencil and some paper, and after about half an hour had done a halfway decent job of copying the basic lines of some other drawing. It wasn't hard at all to go from "practically incapable of drawing stick figures" to "capable of making a recognizable freehand copy of a line drawing".

Read this: http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/whats-your-excuse-why-cant-you-draw--vector-18414. The problem for me was the one described in the section "If My Hands Are OK, Why Don't My Drawings Resemble Anything Real?". I expect this is the case for some very high percentage of people who think they can't draw, probably including you. After you get past whatever is blocking you, sure, there's still a lot of learning to do before you'll be really good - but that's up to you. Unless you have some pretty serious physical impairment, it's just not true that you "can't draw"; you choose not to learn.