Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I just spent like half an hour re-reading the denko story, so naturally my advice is send her 600 messages (´・ω・`)

Confession : I wonder why we say "do like denko and send 600 messages" when it's OP who send 600 messages

and why Denko but not A-ko? A-ko is gentler (and more expensive ) than Denko so why? :michiru:

Which is more cruel? :P Totally dropping someone as a friend ignoring/avoiding them because they've crushed on you, and that's your way of helping them move on... or giving them the choice to stay friends after confronting, but could risk them pining for you?

Totally dropping/avoiding is obviously more cruel. I think it's actually worse than plain rejection. I'm not advocating this. The decision whether the friendship stays intact should be in the hands of the person getting rejected. The latter part of your statement is a better option and is the option I would recommend Hsms. 

But as I said, the message needs to be clear. You cannot be vague about this and let the other side come up with their own conclusions, as its rooted in their own biases.You need to try your best to get past that and tell them that you're not reciprocating the love --- this is what I meant about crushing the other person's dreams/hopes. In Hsms' situation, this can be something like "I only see you as a friend" or "I don't think I can be romantic with you.", clear and simple and no excuses. And that's the extent of what you can do really. Contrast that with vague statements like "I don't think we can date because I'm busy", "My parents don't want me to date", "I dunno", "maybe". Just a few examples on top of my head lol.

Try your best to get them to move on. In the end though, it's up to them whether they choose to move on, or to cling. It might also be hard for them to be able to move on if you're constantly around/talking. I feel like oftentimes, the friendship temporarily breaks until the other person recovers. It depends on the people of course. I just wonder how exactly will you be able to help the other person move on if you're the cause of their heartbreak. It's best for the person heartbroken to temporarily break the friendship in my opinion. Recovery doesn't start until they let go.

I guess I can ask hsms this: how would you feel if that girl still pursues you romantically even if you clearly friendzone her? Will you be able to appreciate the friendship? What will you do?

Which is more cruel? :P Totally dropping someone as a friend ignoring/avoiding them because they've crushed on you, and that's your way of helping them move on... or giving them the choice to stay friends after confronting, but could risk them pining for you?

Definitely the first one.  I've had something similar happen twice now, and each time hurt like a bitch.  Even if it's not what the person intended to say, it sends the message, "I can't even stand to be around you anymore," instead of "I'm going to not be around you in order to help you", not to mention the fact that it's emotionally traumatic for at least one person, and it's taking the easy way out.  Obviously, I'm biased, but still.  Running away doesn't really help anything.

Confession: I think I'm addicted to Castlevania games.  I bought 3 Castlevania DS games in under a month and I've been grabbing ROMs left and right.

Definitely the first one.  I've had something similar happen twice now, and each time hurt like a bitch.  Even if it's not what the person intended to say, it sends the message, "I don't can't even stand to be around you anymore," instead of "I'm going to not be around you in order to help you", not to mention the fact that it's emotionally traumatic for at least one person, and it's taking the easy way out.  Obviously, I'm biased, but still.  Running away doesn't really help anything.

Confession: I think I'm addicted to Castlevania games.  I bought 3 Castlevania DS games in under a month and I've been grabbing ROMs left and right.

Sounds like you're in a... Castlemania.

Confession: This may sound cruel but I had to drop a friendship and go in hiding after I broke up with an ex. She could not handle being around me as a friend after the rejection. She had illusions in her mind that I was jealous of her talking to other guys; and gave me dirty looks when I met up with my current ex. It was pure hell. Then it came one day when she started crying wolf to a guy who was in need of being someone's hero at the time (one of those young, high testosterone bullies you get straight out of high school)- so he started a physical confrontation with me. The guy and I were both in beauty school at the time. I had people calling me a coward for not fighting him head on, but I'm pretty proud of myself. It would've been the stupidest move I could pull, to get my graduation certificate pulled from me.  I had to call the police to restrain him and issue a restraining order on both him and her from being near me. She had no reason coming back to the school since she left and he was forced to quit. It was really bad. In the end, she was a lot happier after she moved on from me, by remembering me as the asshole who put a restraining order on her. 

Confession: This may sound cruel but I had to drop a friendship and go in hiding after I broke up with an ex. She could not handle being around me as a friend after the rejection. She had illusions in her mind that I was jealous of her talking to other guys; and gave me dirty looks when I met up with my current ex. It was pure hell. Then it came one day when she started crying wolf to a guy who was in need of being someone's hero at the time (one of those young, high testosterone bullies you get straight out of high school)- so he started a physical confrontation with me. The guy and I were both in beauty school at the time. I had people calling me a coward for not fighting him head on, but I'm pretty proud of myself. It would've been the stupidest move I could pull, to get my graduation certificate pulled from me.  I had to call the police to restrain him and issue a restraining order on both him and her from being near me. She had no reason coming back to the school since she left and he was forced to quit. It was really bad. In the end, she was a lot happier after she moved on from me, by remembering me as the asshole who put a restraining order on her. 

Bravo, 10/10, correct choices were made.  I've always liked the idea of leveraging police utility power when necessary, and will do so in the future if ever necessary.  I see no reason to get involved in a situation that can be solved by public police maintaining order.

Also, I would hardly call what you did cruel, avoiding problems is the best way to prevent them, and is how I get by everyday life.  Why cause undue stress upon yourself when it can be simply avoided.

Confession: For the last few posts from hsmsful in this thread, the tone of his post has perfectly matched his grumpy Tohsaka avatar's expression, and it amuses me endlessly.

Edit: Any other slow, sad (not necessarily but preferably rock) recommendations, anyone? I'll even give Pink Floyd another try.

Hmm. Slow, sad, rock... These are fairly random, and probably not all of them are what you're looking for (or maybe none of them!), but here's some bands I found in my collection that seems to fit that general idea, with relevant and somewhat representative song selections:

Dire Straits:

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young:

Modest Mouse:

Wilco:

Bon Iver:

Iron and Wine:

Matthew Sweet:

Idlewild:

Fleet Foxes:

Confession: I lied to a friend saying that my favorite character from Iroseka was Shinku but it is actually Kana. I kinda flowed along with our conversation about how awesome Shinku is to the point where it's too late. He really likes Shinku and is super excited about the fandisc coming up so I lied to him about her being my favorite girl :/

Confession: I lied to a friend saying that my favorite character from Iroseka was Shinku but it is actually Kana. I kinda flowed along with our conversation about how awesome Shinku is to the point where it's too late. He really likes Shinku and is super excited about the fandisc coming up so I lied to him about her being my favorite girl :/

But Shinku is the best girl  :wub:

The guys from FSG are such trolls. :sachi: 

Anyways thanks for all your advices. Apparently she told me yesterday that she held me so close since I am like her hero who saved her from the darkness :michiru:

That made me feel bad about telling her about the friendzoning thingy, I think I will wait till we meet next month irl and just tell her out straight, face to face. That's the least I can do to respect her , I can't do it by texting. Unless I am just jumping to conclusions and she didn't mean to give me signs like these (this is a very weak possibility but it's still a possibility). I will try to be friends with her after that although it's unlikely , as someone who got rejected before, it's hard to live with the other side as friends and laugh again. Confessing/Giving signs is a double-edged sword. Really. You might take ur friendship to the other level or degrade it and destroy it into nothingness. 

I guess I can ask hsms this: how would you feel if that girl still pursues you romantically even if you clearly friendzone her? Will you be able to appreciate the friendship? What will you do?

There are limits to how persistent a human can be so this is highly unlikely. However if I do think of it, what I would do is actually appreciate the friendship while keep mentioning that we are just friends from time to time. 

This is unnecessary rant so you can ignore it:

And basically I know we should be over this, but the whole thingy about my crush still gets to me so I don't feel like I have any feelings for any girl atm. At some point, I was actually going to give this girl signs that I actually am ok with a relationship and love her but felt that this was cruel because simply I want a girl to make me forget about my crush and a part of it was out of pity as I don't want her to feel what I feel if she actually has feelings for me. I feel disturbed in terms of my feelings to the degree that I want my senior year to start already and make me super busy so I don't think about anything.

Confession: For the last few posts from hsmsful in this thread, the tone of his post has perfectly matched his grumpy Tohsaka avatar's expression, and it amuses me endlessly.

:D I think this is basically the best expression to describe me and my speeches most of the time