Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: Must be tough to be a VN fan like that :<

Not really, mines more auditory based anyway (meaning if you don't have a strong English accent, I won't understand a word you say), and with Vn's, it's all broken up, so long as the text is dyslexic friendly, vn's aren't to hard to read. 

You forgot the 'un' before. I've passed through this same situation of Yuuji, like 2 or 3 times... It was always a mystery to me...

why would it be unnatural if every other living being that doesn't perform asexual reproduction and has a means of locomotion does it?

Confession: Pissing off dyslexics by correcting their spelling and telling them off for blaming their dyslexia on things is really fun. It's even funnier when they scream 'YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR NOT DYSLEXIC' at me and I'm just like 'Actually I am' and they go all quiet like and I'm just like *pushes sunglasses up nose* 

Confession: Pissing off dyslexics by correcting their spelling and telling them off for blaming their dyslexia on things is really fun. It's even funnier when they scream 'YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR NOT DYSLEXIC' at me and I'm just like 'Actually I am' and they go all quiet like and I'm just like *pushes sunglasses up nose* 

Damn it, will you tutor my sister some time? :vinty: She's 11 right now and not even trying to learn how to read properly.

I've had experiences vaguely similar to that.  A lot of people at my high school that had ADD/ADHD refused to take meds for it, because a lot of the parents in my town are stupid hippies that think that western medicine is always bad.  I'd ask those kids to stop annoying me by tapping on my desk or moving my stuff around, which a lot of people with ADD/ADHD do when they get bored, and when they said, "I can't, I have ADD/ADHD," I facepalmed and responded with, "I have ADD too, genius, except I'm smart enough to take meds for it.  If you don't want to take meds, develop some self-control."  I had to move my desk away from them because they would refuse to stop doing it.

I get that it's generally hard to stop doing that when you have ADD/ADHD, but if you actually focus hard enough, you can prevent yourself from compulsively tapping.  I mentally force myself to stop tapping all the time when I'm in public, even when I'm off my meds, because I don't want to attract attention.

Damn it, will you tutor my sister some time? :vinty: She's 11 right now and not even trying to learn how to read properly.

Haha, probably not wise, my grammar can be far from perfect at times XD (just ask Ty) Is she dyslexic? 

I've had experiences vaguely similar to that.  A lot of people at my high school that had ADD/ADHD refused to take meds for it, because a lot of the parents in my town are stupid hippies that think that western medicine is always bad.  I'd ask those kids to stop annoying me by tapping on my desk or moving my stuff around, which a lot of people with ADD/ADHD do when they get bored, and when they said, "I can't, I have ADD/ADHD," I facepalmed and responded with, "I have ADD too, genius, except I'm smart enough to take meds for it.  If you don't want to take meds, develop some self-control."  I had to move my desk away from them because they would refuse to stop doing it.

I get that it's generally hard to stop doing that when you have ADD/ADHD, but if you actually focus hard enough, you can prevent yourself from compulsively tapping.  I mentally force myself to stop tapping all the time when I'm in public, even when I'm off my meds, because I don't want to attract attention.

And oh nice, a fellow ADD, don't come across many ADD's online (mostly ADHD) 

I'm actually gonna own up to not doing meds, I've developed pretty good ways of dealing with it over 20 years 

Confession:  I need to rant about my father for a minute.  Any quotes that look like they're from him are not direct quotes.

Warning:  Foul language.

FUCK HIM.

It's always 'Fuck you, my way or the fucking highway with him' and then he acts like we ruined his life when we actually take the fucking highway!  It's been three years since we left and he hasn't changed a fucking bit.  Even when he's actually fucking helpful he's trying to guilt-trip my mom into moving back in with him.  This is the guy who refuses to talk to my mom for a week because she painted her nails before going to the store, then compares her to a whore when she manages to ask why!  I mean at first I was sympathetic for how badly he fucks everything like that up, but my respect for him dies more and more every time I have to be with him.

At the very least I'll have solace in knowing I'll be doing everything I can not to fuck up as badly as him.  He doesn't swear as much as I'm making it seem but holy fucking shit it's like he doesn't have any other way to interact with people aside from guilt-tripping them and beating them into the dirt.

My apologies, I seem to be in a rather foul-mouthed mood at the moment.

And oh nice, a fellow ADD, don't come across many ADD's online (mostly ADHD) 

I'm actually gonna own up to not doing meds, I've developed pretty good ways of dealing with it over 20 years 

Technically everyone has ADHD now, since some idiotic group of psychiatrists decided in 1994 that ADD was dumb and that the term "ADHD predominantly inattentive type" was somehow superior :makina:

See, I don't care if you don't take meds as long as you don't annoy the living hell out of me or use the fact that you have ADD/ADHD as an excuse to not put any effort into not annoying me.  The people I'm referring to refused to take meds or stop annoying me.  Props on not taking meds, though, I know how hard that can be.  I've also developed a pretty good repertoire of skills and tricks I use to combat my symptoms, but I generally find it easier just to take meds, so I just do that instead and use my tricks and workarounds when I have no other choice.

Technically everyone has ADHD now, since some idiotic group of psychiatrists decided in 1994 that ADD was dumb and that the term "ADHD predominantly inattentive type" was somehow superior :makina:

See, I don't care if you don't take meds as long as you don't annoy the living hell out of me or use the fact that you have ADD/ADHD as an excuse to not put any effort into not annoying me.  The people I'm referring to refused to take meds or stop annoying me.  Props on not taking meds, though, I know how hard that can be.  I've also developed a pretty good repertoire of skills and tricks I use to combat my symptoms, but I generally find it easier just to take meds, so I just do that instead and use my tricks and workarounds when I have no other choice.

I was actually misdiagnosed with ADHD in the second grade.  From what I hear people say it's almost as over-diagnosed as Autism/Aspergers, which I actually have.

I had ADHD meds in the 2nd grade, but aside from the constipation I don't remember any specific changes.  That was like, over a decade ago now.

Confession: I have ADHD and meds don't work on me

Like, they've never worked for you, or you've tried them and they stopped working?  If it's the former, that's rather strange...

-_- Well that's annoying. 

I still have problems, but most of my problems relation to my ability to concentrate, so it doesn't really annoy others all that much apart from when others are talking to me (I do tend to zone out)

Right?  I eventually just had to ask the teacher to move me away from them, since they refused to lift a finger in terms of effort output to stop annoying me.  People like them make us all look bad  >.<

I'll occasionally get kinda hyper and annoying once in a while, but I can usually suppress it, but I've yet to find an effective means of concentrating on whatever I want without taking meds or drinking something with caffeine in it.  Even though I have some symptoms of ADHD, I mostly have symptoms of ADD, so I've always said that I have ADD, not ADHD.

Like, they've never worked for you, or you've tried them and they stopped working?  If it's the former, that's rather strange...

Right?  I eventually just had to ask the teacher to move me away from them, since they refused to lift a finger in terms of effort output to stop annoying me.  People like them make us all look bad  >.<

I'll occasionally get kinda hyper and annoying once in a while, but I can usually suppress it, but I've yet to find an effective means of concentrating on whatever I want without taking meds or drinking something with caffeine in it.  Even though I have some symptoms of ADHD, I mostly have symptoms of ADD, so I've always said that I have ADD, not ADHD.

I have to drink a looooooooooot of coffee. Coffee is my source of power. 

But yea, being a undiagnosed dyslexic and ADD in primary school was hell. 

I was actually misdiagnosed with ADHD in the second grade.  From what I hear people say it's almost as over-diagnosed as Autism/Aspergers, which I actually have.

I had ADHD meds in the 2nd grade, but aside from the constipation I don't remember any specific changes.  That was like, over a decade ago now.

Dunno how common that is, but I can see that there's a bit of overlap, at least for certain symptoms.  I'm more surprised that you were able to get ADHD meds in 2nd grade; we had to drive an hour just to find a psychiatrist willing to give a 7th grade me meds.

I have to drink a looooooooooot of coffee. Coffee is my source of power. 

But yea, being a undiagnosed dyslexic and ADD in primary school was hell. 

I started drinking coffee in middle school for several reasons, but the main one was that I was waiting to find a psychiatrist that would prescribe ADD meds to a pre-teen and I needed to focus until then.  Been drinking it ever since :D

I can imagine.  That combination sounds utterly unholy.  For some reason my ADD symptoms only started appearing in middle school.  Before then I could pretty much concentrate on anything and was sociable to the point that if my family had had money and I was more attractive, I probably would have been incredibly popular.

The only "privilege" I really have in this regard is the ability to tell people who are all like "English is not my first language pls excuse me for really sucking" that it's not mine either. With that said, Swedes have a bit of an unfair advantage in the area, and there aren't that many people with major writing issues here on Fuwa anyway.

Regarding ADD I'm on the (long) waiting list for a neuropsychiatric evaluation on the subject. The traits I've had p. much rekt me in uni, weeeeee~

Confession: I used to be even more of an ass when I was younger... I like to think I'm all grown up now :Kappa:

The only "privilege" I really have in this regard is the ability to tell people who are all like "English is not my first language pls excuse me for really sucking" that it's not mine either. With that said, Swedes have a bit of an unfair advantage in the area, and there aren't that many people with major writing issues here on Fuwa anyway.

Regarding ADD I'm on the (long) waiting list for a neuropsychiatric evaluation on the subject. The traits I've had p. much rekt me in uni, weeeeee~

Confession: I used to be even more of an ass when I was younger... I like to think I'm all grown up now :Kappa:

I was quite lucky in getting an evaluation quickly, but that's mostly cause ADD and dyslexia is mostly picked up on in primary school (I seem to be one of the few who 'slipped' though the net, though it was just my teachers being lazy arses) so there wasn't much of a waiting list at my uni.