Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I noticed no such gag.

Totally fanning the flames, I have my popcorn maker ready.

16a9372e3d.jpg

Confession: Popcorn is done. Start the wars!

be33aebd4d.jpg

Confession 2: I actually just made popcorn because Zodai said he was getting popcorn.

Confession: I'm secretly really excited about the prospect of finally putting together my gaming computer in about a month.  Working for a job that pays $10 a day for about 20 minutes of work closing up a family shop for a couple of months just to earn $1000 was completely worth it.

Confession: I'm secretly really excited about the prospect of finally putting together my gaming computer in about a month.  Working for a job that pays $10 a day for about 20 minutes of work closing up a family shop for a couple of months just to earn $1000 was completely worth it.

What kind of job is that?

Confession: I've also had a nervous breakdown (which was really scary and best forgotten, it was a little like what I imagine being possessed would feel like) and when I was in grade school I got Shingles, the 2nd form of chicken-pox generally brought on by excess stress and that usually only shows up in people over 50 or so. yyyyeah I've been the type of person who piles on stress since I was a small. I guess that's why I love upbeat and happy stuff so much.

I already had Shingles as well, in college in my case. The crazy thing is that I didn't even feel like I was that stressed at the time. Nowadays, I take things a lot easier than I used to. I try to walk the fine line where I get committed enough to things so that I don't get bored or do shoddy work, but not committed to such an extent that I feel stressed about them - this is an especially difficult but important balance to keep with work...

Have you put together computers before?  If not, look up a guide or have someone walk you through it.  I tried doing it myself and ended up repeatedly bugging Flutterz because I had no idea what I was doing.

Have you put together computers before?  If not, look up a guide or have someone walk you through it.  I tried doing it myself and ended up repeatedly bugging Flutterz because I had no idea what I was doing.

It's not very hard, there's like two things you can do wrong. You can connect the power/reset buttons and leds wrong, this is explained in the motherboard manual so just look, and you can mount your motherboard to the case before the CPU cooler which some times have to be mounted on to the motherboard before you mount the motherboard to the case. Other than that, if you are careful, check everything and don't force things into place, you're good.

Confession: I have been somewhat obsessed with this one girl for way too long. I haven't even seen her in years.

When I was 6, I put one together and loaded up windows xp off a disk.  I distinctly remember it being like one of those shape puzzles where everything can only fit in one way.  I'm more worried about getting all the drivers I need for the stuff to work properly, not actually putting it together.  Worse case shit happens, I'll just ask my brother for help if I can't figure something out, as this is basically what he does for a living, except with servers... for a billion dollar bank...

Confession: I didn't know people thought you were tech literate. :wahaha:

I'm the same way.

People here don't  :P  But just about everyone I know in my town that doesn't actually know anything about technology or how to effectively troubleshoot considers me a tech god.  It's kind of hilarious.

Install Adobe Reader, move on to next computer :makina:

I cleaned my friend's PC with adwCleaner, and he didn't even know he had adware on it  xD  But seriously, people underestimate Google as a solver of tech problems.  If the internet is down, I'm useless unless I've solved the problem before.

Yep. Sometimes I'm even to fix up a computer to get it running more smoothly. All I do is uninstall junkware and run programs like CCleaner and JkDefrag, and yet that seems to be enough to classify me as a genius of some sort. But hey, it satisfies the ego. :holo:

Defragging should happen by default on windows vista and up.  Its the first thing I turn off because it always happens during the night while I'm active.  Plus defragging is only useful if you write and delete a lot of files, and for general use, most people don't.  For Fuwa users who probably frequently download and delete multigigabyte folders semifrequently, its useful, but I've never seen an average person's fragmentation exceed 5%.  

Also, CCleaner is the bane of my existence.  Junkware should never be a problem if you always look at what you are installing, and make sure you install from legitimate sources.  And "cleaning registries" is the largest piece of shit marketing I've ever heard.  The windows registry is usually small, and its insignificant at read times with how fast today's disks can read it.  Keeping old registry keys is more useful in case you run across an old program that might actually use it, keeping it from screwing up, and these cleaners usually delete old registries that may be used by those one off programs you occasionally use.

I've had this laptop for about 4 years now, and the only reason I've seen it BSOD is because part of my RAM has a bad sector, and something tries to access it even after windows screams "NOOOOOOO".  People these days need to get computer literate and watch for what they install and learn to troubleshoot for themselves.  If it wasn't for the fact that Microsoft is at least semi-robust at updating their security and people not changing the automatic install option, about 40% of the computers would be bots by this point.

Confession: I hate it when I see people do stupid things to computers.  I always laugh when someone tells me not to force shutdown by holding the power button.  Any program nowadays keeps a continuous backup of any important data on the drive anyway, just to haunt you the next time you open up the program by asking "Did you need this?".  I cut the power all the time, if I didn't think about it when I was cutting the power, it probably wasn't important anyway.