Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: At work, I have about 4 things to do right now, each of which will probably take me a week, and all of which need to be done right now. I think I'm mentally hiding from that situation by burying myself in a mountain of escapist entertainment: I'm about 40% through Brent Weeks's Black Prism (started last week), barely in chapter 2 of HDN Re;Birth 1 (started a couple weeks ago), maybe two hours into Air (started two days ago), just started Fate/Stay Night a couple hours ago, and about ten minutes ago I bought both Senran Kagura Burst and Atelier Ayesha Plus.

Aww why not? D: Although, the translation for Cross+Channel is not particularly great to begin with so it makes sense why the story's niche to a such a degree. Problem is, the current translation strays too far away from the original meaning of the text in almost every single line, which in turn means that what would appear as the original story instead appears as a completely new story but written in English (and TL notes, a sign of misunderstood translation). x.x It's generally regarded as a masterpiece (and I agree wholeheartedly), but of course everyone has their own preferences to keep in check as well. Not very many people like Taichi's character, or the concept portrayed amongst the themes of the story.

Confession: I've fully read Subarashiki Hibi 7 times (4 times consecutively). It is just that good, guys (maybe). (*‿*✿)

Confession: I kinda want to switch my avatar from Fuuko to someone else... but I feel like Fuuko has become a part of my online presence. Don't really want to cut that out. xD

I recall Eclisped felt this way with Kotori a while back~

@CWH, this is my first time seeing a post under your name that I recall. Sorry if I forgot or anything. Sometimes it can be hard to break into a community, especially if you bear ill feelings towards it on behalf of its disregard for you (whether they actually were disregarding you or were not). I hope that the former isnt the case, but it really depends on who you're talking to and the things you say to them. Some places are more friendly than others, even within a forum imo. Anyway, sorry to say all this mostly useless stuff when you probs just wanted to vent or whatever. I hope you find your niche soon because niches are wonderful places to be. Alternative: spam hard. Then they'll have to notice you ;)

My confessions:

-I don't like this site as much as I used to.

-I get ignored A-LOT here, and I try not to let it bother me but it bums me out a lot and makes me afraid to come back and post again at all :/

-I'm usually too afraid to make posts because I'm afraid of the responses or lack thereof.

-I can draw anime styled drawings really well, but people judge and look down on me when I tell them, so I don't.

Sorry :/

Edit: I'll find it sad but amusing, but I'm waiting for this post to be ignored.

*sigh*

YOU!!

You never made an intro thread!

Make one now!

Here's mine.  Completely forgot that Aaeru commented on it  xD  Also, my first double post  <3

That's not really a confession, though, Eclipsed -_-

Confession: I really should be doing my math homework right now, but God, I loathe mixture problems.  If I had a textbook, I'd have the urge to throw it out the window right now.

Mixture problems, is that anything like the incredibly simple equilibrium problems in chemistry?

Confession: Math is my strong point so I don't understand why anyone has trouble with it.

So basically... I should read Cross+Channel again in Japanese? Sounds like a good plan. I enjoyed it in English anyway and would gladly read it again.

Confession: It seriously took me 2.5 weeks to get to the end of ONE route in AkaGoei. I was consistently playing too. My JP reading speed is super super slow. I am aiming to be done by Wednesday though. Hopefully.

Maybe.

I do not recommend going into C+C in Japanese right away since this is Romeo Tanaka we're talking about here. He writes pure insanity and it comes off as extremely 'roundabout' and "hardcore" for anyone not already very used to the language. Basically, to compare it to something.. his writing is like JP Wikipedia but 2 times as densely written and then add in some of the most obscure kanji puns, references, and jokes (oh god the jokes are WTF-worthy) and you got this guy's writing pretty much. This is also why the translation failed to do its job.. yeah. I'm saying all of this because I'm trying (failing miserably) to read his LN, Jintai (Humanity Has Declined for anyone who remembers the name), and it's actually only recommended to college-level JP students because of how inherently difficult to read it can be. Anything Romeo writes is going to be one of those "final challenges" like Dies Irae/Asairo/Oretsuba/etc. are regarded as.

Though like I've said somewhere before (don't remember where), it's not so much "difficult" as it is more time-consuming and requires more patience/effort/motivation. And, as I've also said, reading is a two-step process where you first read what's written (the content), and then apply that content to your principles of understanding. If you take too long to read a single line then the meaning of it mentally fades away and you have only "50%"/incompletely read it. Not sure if this helps anyone but at least knowing this all keeps me from being discouraged to suddenly dive into anything I'd otherwise be too scared of. If your mind is in a heightened state and those three things (patience/effort/motivation) are perfectly aligned then properly reading anything in any level of JP is entirely possible (if not plain easy). I mean, you could suddenly read C+C and find that everything people say about it being "difficult" or whatnot to seem over-exaggerated from your point of view. It's mainly a thing of circumstance, I feel.

Uhh ok obligatory on-topic confession thingy. I like my toast burnt and it's unhealthy. (don't ask I'm currently trying to break bad habits) (・_・ヾ

Confession: M-My heart's gonna pop from nervousness.

My confessions:

-I don't like this site as much as I used to.

-I get ignored A-LOT here, and I try not to let it bother me but it bums me out a lot and makes me afraid to come back and post again at all :/

Only time I saw you was when you posted at the HDN thread. <3

Mixture problems, is that anything like the incredibly simple equilibrium problems in chemistry?

Confession: Math is my strong point so I don't understand why anyone has trouble with it.

Nah, it's mostly "amount of x + amount of y = 'something'.  Find out how much of x and y you need to get 'something'".  They're not inherently hard, I just don't like them when they have percents and the like in them.  I don't usually find math hard, just tedious and boring.

Confession: I've forgotten almost everything I've learned in chemistry.  It's almost as bad as how I've forgotten almost all of my Spanish  Dx

Confession: M-My heart's gonna pop from nervousness.

Pop some pills, that'll make everything better :makina:

Try some breathing exercises, that always calms me down.  Picturing my heart as a rock in my chest also tends to lower my heart rate, strangely.

ドキドキですか~

W-What

Pop some pills, that'll make everything better :makina:

Try some breathing exercises, that always calms me down.  Picturing my heart as a rock in my chest also tends to lower my heart rate, strangely.

Nah. I don't think I need any pills. I just want to lie down on my bed and sleep through the entire day.

How many hours until prom?  :kosame:

It was already done like 13 hours ago haha.

Confession: So I was such a faggot last night, and I couldn't speak properly in front of her. I still tried though. The problem is that for every word I said, her reply seems to strike me down. Like, she's telling me that it's futile or something. Of course, that's quite disheartening. Like, ugh. Holy shit. My chest seems to tighten up whenever I remember the feeling. So she told me that a lot of things will be happening in college, and that I'll eventually forget about her. I laughed at that. So I told her, "March 15, right? Okay then. Next year, on March 15, I'm gonna go to your university and show to you you're wrong. I'm also gonna ask you out." She replied, "Sure. You'll go there and thank me because I was right."

It hurts. Kinda. I just. I can't explain it. I... don't even know what I'm feeling now.

Also, she told me through chat that she wanted to talk to me tomorrow. I have a huge feeling I'm gonna be shot down. She told me that she'll keep it 'short' to not waste a lot of my time. I'd talk to her for two straight hours, really. Even if it's all awkward shit and stuff. Ah god. I like her so much.

Also, I danced her. It felt great. I want to hug her. So I'll hug her 12 days from now, on our graduation ball, after we dance. Gonna make her my first and last dance. It will also be the dance that'll commemorate either my success or failure.

So there you have it. I feel like a fucking protagonist right now. I hope she's my main heroine.

You know what I'm scared of? I'm scared that somebody will beat me to her in this one year. Of course, that's not all guaranteed. Even that single year. For it might already end tomorrow. Ah. I just want to sleep through the day.