[SOLVED] Please help, I cant run sharin no kuni himawari no shoujo

letsolrac

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? YES
Game Namesharin no kuni himawari no shoujo
Description of Problem: I don't  know if this what caused the problem, but I did start the game while it is still seeding in utorrent. http://i.imgur.com/gDJA8ar.png
Your Operating System: 64 bit
What did you already try? Run as admin
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: YES

Running the game while still seeding can cause a lot of problems.  Don't seed the torrent while playing.  If you want to, make a copy of the folder and put it elsewhere and play from it.

Also, right-click the folder the game is located in, click Properties, and make sure on the window that pops up that the files are not marked as read-only.

Might also be a corrupt savefile that was accidentally downloaded.  Deleting the savedata folder will force the game to create a new one, which should fix it.

Run the game as admin, as well.

All of that and you should be fine.

Thanks guys for the quick reply. It worked after i unchecked the read-only. I'm still not familiar with the common problems as this is my 3rd VN. I did read Game Issues: BEFORE YOU POST! Guess I did missed that one. Oh silly eyes! Sorry and thanks again!  :)

Thanks guys for the quick reply. It worked after i unchecked the read-only. I'm still not familiar with the common problems as this is my 3rd VN. I did read Game Issues: BEFORE YOU POST! Guess I did missed that one. Oh silly eyes! Sorry and thanks again!  :)

Pretty sure I posted a comment here? Maybe I didn't. Whatever.

What I said is that the issue you have is not a common problem for VNs. Its a common problem for users of this forum. You should blame prepatched releases for that. It is best to always download the original + English patch and apply it after reading the instructions carefully. Prepatched releases are for stupid or lazy people.

For nosebleed:

No, I am not trying to call letsolrac stupid because he used a prepatched release. Pretty sure he just used whatever was available. What I am saying is that preached releases are crap. So if you're the one who is deleting my comments - go moderate something else.

There seems to be a misunderstanding, I didn't hide/delete your comment (I'm not even following this thread).

I couldn't find your comment in the deleted content either so I don't know what happened.

Regardless I do think if all you're going to do is comment on how prepatched releases are bad instead of trying to solve the problem at hand you should likely hold off on commenting at all, that's just my opinion, though.

This section is to help members fix the problems they have in the simplest manner possible, hopefully without having to force them to redownload stuff, not criticize Fuwanovel releases, and as you can see this problem was solved quickly so there was no need for further discussion. I should have locked the thread earlier though so that part is my bad.

Hope this clears things out a little, I'll be locking the thread now since the issue at hand was solved.