What's the meaning behind your username?

Roach

I ran a site from 2014-2015 of the same name with about 10 contributors. It was an anime, manga, VN, JRPG site. It did ok managed to bring in 10,000 page views a month with consitent effort but I eventually quit because it took so much time and I did all the work the contributors would make content but wouldn't do anything to help with running the site. It was fun for a while though.

Good thread idea. I like reading what everyone wrote.

Roencia is a word I made up when I was little. I subsequently made a webpage, wrote a book, started a business called Roencia Game Creators, and did many other things with it. Roencia is a land of magical roses.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my current username/pen name is the result of Japanese word choice based on their meaning and how they relate to me. Konpeki means "Azure" and I chose it because the color of my eyes in real life are blue. Umi means "ocean" or "sea" and I chose it because I live right by the ocean.

Mind you, my Japanese knowledge is limited to just the basic words so if there's any Japanese expert on here that finds the meaning of my names wrong, please let me know.

When I registered on Fuwa this February, I was fresh from watching Steins;Gate (I'll explain it another time).

At first, with the obnoxious Mayuri, I thought that S;G was gonna be otaku pandering trash, but soon enough I recognised my mistake.

I chose a gentler version of the nick since I wanted to be pretty mild-mannered on the forums and chat. Consider my surprise when I met another person by the nick of Kurisu-chan. He's my biggest pal on Fuwa :)

I like Disgaea and I love Prinnies.

The whole concept of puting the souls of sinners into exploding penguins to atone for their sins by being forced to slave their life away is just... :wahaha:

• 1 year later...

Rise, Oh Ancient Thread! Rise and serve us again in undeath!!!

Ekhm... I actually wanted to bring this one to life, less to share my boring story and more because I'm always curious about other poeple's usernames. But if we're here already... :>

I stole this username from my brother (who used it for Counter Strike) like a decade ago and got stuck with it since. I know it's confusing and unpronounceable for anyone who's not Polish and I probably shouldn't use it, but I guess it became a part of my online "brand". Even if it's more annoying than anything else. ^^

What's worse, the actual meaning behind it is a political reference so old that even many people in Poland don't get it nowadays. Colonel (in Polish: pułkownik, Plk. for short) Lesiak was a former communist political police officer, who was at a center of a huge scandal in early 90's. Basically, that time's prime minister hired him to collect dirt on opposition, which he held in a certain closet in a government building - when the whole thing was uncovered, both Lesiak and his closet ("Szafa Lesiaka", that's where my deviantART username came from) became a bit of a popcultural thing. I actually like obscure stuff like that, so I usually can't force myself to not use it for everything. ;)

The "Senior" comes from my liking for the word, but, the Blitz has a little more backstory, it's based on a Sonic fan game series back in 2009, it was the first 3D sonic fan-game I have ever seen at the time, it was called Blitz Sonic (Blitz coming from the engine the game was made), I was captivated by it (it didn't age well though, there are lot of glitches and the bottom-less pits don't kill you xoD), but I couldn't play at the time since my PC was shit (it's still sheesh, but tolerable), so it was many years before I could properly play the fan-game (by then new and better versions were made anyway), so I used this name as a homenage to this (Pointless) life story where I really wanted to play a cool fan-game for many years. XoP

I took my name from a really old sea shanty called the wild goose. Anyway in the song for the chorus they sing out Ranzo, Ranzo, weigh, heigh! For some reason I became very enamored with that name so much so that it replaced my old go to user name (springheeljack) 

Hell if I can get away with it I might name my son Ranzo (if I ever have a son)

My username is a random alias I made when I was playing Unreal Tournament 2004. Then I stopped playing that game, and used my alias to sign up for forums instead.

In case you're wondering, it's said rox-man. And rox was a short hand for rocket. So ..... whatever :michiru:

I use r0xm2n on Twitch too. And all the various streamers I encounter all say it differently :wahaha: