What's the meaning behind your username?

Roach

Like the title says, what is the story behind your username? Is it your real name? Is it the name of your favorite character? Does it have any deeper meaning? Is it a random name that you made back in your chuunibyou days?

As for me, there is a certain character from a certain game whose codename is 'Roach.' And, well, I just thought it was cool. The end.

When I got steam a while back (yeaaars ago), I decided to have something different as a name and profile "theme"... so I chose a snail.

Then I changed it to one possible way to say it in japanese, and then (pure coincidence, really) I realized that through it, I could actually figure out my real name, which I thought was pretty neat.

I chose Yatsufusa as my username as it is one of my favorite personas in P4G, and because I thought it was a more appropriate name as opposed to hairybumslapper.

I always thought yours stood for "Yast Of USA". 

...You learn a new thing everyday.

Anyway, my name is a reference to a particular scene from 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, which is a game I love and whose sequel is my favorite game of all time. I won't tell you more about that scene though, play the game and figure it out yourself!

I always thought yours stood for "Yast Of USA". 

...You learn a new thing everyday.

^ I always pronounced it that way as well LOL.

This is a cool thread, but I can't say anything at this time about my own. It's very secret, you know

Ah so you BS'ed me in your AMA then, or rather, "the horrible story" is the very secret part?

edit: or rather you are BSing us now by trying to be mysterious huh :3 but too late! I gotchu! xD

0oWpcyC.jpg

It's my real name Vuk (Wolf) translated to Japanese. And it has a myth from 8/9 century behind it, putting it short the tribe that made our country in 9 century before it made it was pagan tribe that was known as tribe of the wolf and in it it was believed that giving a male child from a tribe a name wolf will give that child protection of spirits from evil. And it's the one thing from my country that I like.

As for me, there is a certain character from a certain game whose codename is 'Roach.' And, well, I just thought it was cool. The end.

He deserved his fate.

As for me, do i have really to explain how i thought about this amazing fuwaname?

My original name in SWTOR, an MMO, was Ren. I chose this name because I wanted a Japanese name that was super easy to remember. Due to poor server counts, we got merged into a new server where we reformed our guild. Unfortunately I had to rename my character due to Ren being taken. My new name was Reniu, however I always felt that I was the original Ren.

And well, the rest is history.

I'm always wearing my stupid hat and I love gambling. So I took both of those traits and made a symbol out of them. Something that is easily recognizable, just in case I'm getting somewhere in the future.

Now that name is used by me everywhere. Years ago, I had another net-identity. But I got hurt, matured and lost interest in the things I was doing at the time, so I "killed" and remade myself. 

^ I always pronounced it that way as well LOL.

Ah so you BS'ed me in your AMA then, or rather, "the horrible story" is the very secret part? xD

0oWpcyC.jpg

Oh nvm I totally said it in like one line. Damn I was such a fool back then, spilling secrets like tears at a wedding.

I tried to mysterious for once. And this is how it works out T.T (lol im so bad at this)

Anyway, my name is a reference to a particular scene from 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, which is a game I love and whose sequel is my favorite game of all time. I won't tell you more about that scene though, play the game and figure it out yourself!

I'm confused, Just tell us ! "What the hell is a funyarinpa ?"

My real name is Chris but the letters PZT came from when I made my Starcraft II name. The letters simply being the names of the races - Protoss, Zerg and Terran. Pretty unoriginal but I seems ChrisPZT is always free when I make an account for something so I always use it.