[Fuwanovel] Cannonball ~Neko Neko Machine Mou Race~

Nosebleed

14351.jpg

Plot summary:

There is a big race event in space called Cannonball!
People living in the harsh space environment enter this huge interstellar event with big dreams and excitement in their hearts. The winner gets a huge reward, or at least that's what has been promised... 
Fifteen riders are qualified to enter this race that will take on various courses.
Young smuggler Filho Rossi teams up with the mysterious assassin Foxbat to join in the race. But the secrets surrounding Foxbat make them the target of the entire galaxy.

This thread is meant to be used for discussion of the game. 

Also make sure to post if you have technicall issues.

Personal comments (will be updated later):

I just started playing it so I don't have much of an opinion formed yet but it could lead to something.

The protagonist is not completely useless which is nice (I hope he doesn't prove me wrong)

Foxbat also seems calm and colected so far, she's pretty cute.

The whole universe seems interesting but wasn't explored too much yet.

What I quickly discovered is that there's likely going to be quite a lot of H-scenes (there's one right at the beginning) so a warning if you don't like them.

That is it so far for me, hopefully this entertains me until the end.

One thing to be prepared for is that it's a 2003 title from a relatively poor studio (at the time), so don't expect crazy high production values. I'm not very far in, but it seems decent, and apparently gets much better as it goes on.

Liar-Soft was bad before? I mean, all VN's I alread read [just a few] were very good

You should remove the [Fuwanovel] part so it doesn't look like a pure release post if it's a discussion thread

But it's both!

#Efficiency

I was kind of thrown off with the gameplay, I had no clue what to do when they first asked me to order the pod around.

Although I didn't get a game over message or anything so I guess I did good?

His first name is a bit cringe-worthy to me. Surely there's something more original than "son" to call your mc, but /shrug. 

The way they introduced some characters was really bad. I thought this was going to be a kusoge in the beginning. I'm still in the beginning, so I don't know for sure... It gets better in the race parts.

I don't understand why have the gameplay here either, but.

The torrent does come with a walkthrough but it doesn't seem worth it to throw away the gameplay experience in my opinion.

And to be honest I checked the walkthrough and couldn't understand how the hell it was formatted, then again I'm not that far ahead so maybe it'll make sense later on.

I cast thunderbolts, not hadoukens.  I hope everything is working fine though.

There were no problems with your pre-patched copy from what I could see so it should work fine. I just deleted the cbsave before uploading since pre-created global saves are very likely to cause problems (the main cause of the issues with some of our older torrents are that they include pre-created global saves). A new one will be created when you run the game for the first time.

Alright. I'm near the end now. It had a very poor start and it's not the most original thing ever.

The gameplay is annoying at parts and very cool in others. I liked it over Sharnoth's minigame, though Inganock's one was better.

I'd go with above average. Not a masterpiece, but not too bad. 

Alright. I'm near the end now. It had a very poor start and it's not the most original thing ever.

The gameplay is annoying at parts and very cool in others. I liked it over Sharnoth's minigame, though Inganock's one was better.

It is nice to hear that your opinion seems to have taken a turn for the better. I might end up checking this out sooner rather than later like I intended.

• 1 month later...

i'm in race 3-II and i'm suppose to battle with regina but I can't meet her no matter how many times I redo the race. can someone tell me how can I battle her during the race?

I think there's a walkthrough that came with the Torrent Download. I used it for a lot of the races, it sure helped me out a lot!

Honestly, I didn't really like this game, but the only reason why I kept playing was because of Foxy... (No it's not because she's called Foxbat, it's just a coincidence that I liked her).

I think there's a walkthrough that came with the Torrent Download. I used it for a lot of the races, it sure helped me out a lot!

Honestly, I didn't really like this game, but the only reason why I kept playing was because of Foxy... (No it's not because she's called Foxbat, it's just a coincidence that I liked her).

well i'm doing what the walkthrough said but no luck. can't even see Regina's symbol in the race

• 5 months later...

How much do you grade Sharnoth and Inganock, and how much do you rate Cannonball against them?

• 1 month later...

Administrator rights not helping. Im using windows 10 on japanese locale and i downloaded it from fuwatorrents(a long ago when it was existing). I even downloaded patch from translation site and patch it again. Its probably Windows 10, but maybe someone know how to fix it.