こんにちは, fellow dudes and dudettes.

Metaler

Hey guys, name's Metaler. Or just Mets, Meta, or what have you! I've been registered in these forums for a while now, but I never managed to post anything, much less write an introduction!

So yeah, I'm your average guy, studying linguistics in college and generally just lazying around, haha. I've been interested in anime and manga ever since I was a little brat, when I watched DBZ, Pokemon and Digimon. Around my first year of high school, I discovered visual novels after the Tsukihime anime was dubbed here, and I found out it was based on one. I had already heard that the anime was terribad, so I decided to try out the VN and I was hooked. Loved it to death, and it's a memorable classic to me. Afterwards, I tried out Yume Miru Kusuri, and shiiiiit son, that turned out to be one of my personal favorites. I still remember Aeka's route like it was yesterday. Later, I tried out some other classics like Fate/Stay Night and Sharin no Kuni, most of which I still have very fond memories of.

Lately, I've been trying to expand to trying out VNs in Japanese, so about a year and a half ago, I started studying Japanese after finding Tae Kim's guide and Aaeru's blog post. Ever since then, I gotta say my Japanese improved a lot... At least in terms of reading, haha. I finished all of the Sono Hanabira games, having understood most of what was writter, and I'm currently playing through Dracu-Riot. I also tried out Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu, but damn, that's too hard for me. But I'll read it someday! I ain't gonna leave that adorable Rui waiting forever.

Apart from that, I just generally try to take it easy as much as possible. I'm pretty lazy, but at least I don't let it get to me, haha.

I love reading, and I generally enjoy pretty much any kind of story. I don't have many preferences, even within the realm of eroge... I just stay away from rape games and I have very little interest in nukige, mostly (though I did try out Bishoujo Mangekyou...)

I'm also interested in philosophy, and I've been pretty interested in Taoism lately. Good vibes, dude. I love easy-going and peaceful thoughts.

Aaaand, well, that's it, I suppose. I'm sure we'll get to know each other better with time.

Aw hell, I'm just blathering about like crazy. Cheers, and take it easy!

I discovered visual novels after the Tsukihime anime was dubbed here, and I found out it was based on one. I had already heard that the anime was terribad, so I decided to try out the VN and I was hooked. Loved it to death, and it's a memorable classic to me.

What refined tastes you have here B)

Welcome!

Welcome to the Fuwanovel Community Meta!!

I've been interested in anime and manga ever since I was a little brat, when I watched DBZ, Pokemon and Digimon. Around my first year of high school, I discovered visual novels after the Tsukihime anime was dubbed here, and I found out it was based on one. I had already heard that the anime was terribad, so I decided to try out the VN and I was hooked. Loved it to death, and it's a memorable classic to me.

love reading, and I generally enjoy pretty much any kind of story. I don't have many preferences, even within the realm of eroge... I just stay away from rape games and I have very little interest in nukige, mostly (though I did try out Bishoujo Mangekyou...)

So good to hear another person say they are hooked. Youll find that your among friends here Meta. We all feel the same way.

I actually agree with you about "rape" games and nukige. Just not my thing.

Well anyway, If you have any questions or anything, let us know. Were all friends here so please, make yourself at home.

Good to have you with us on the forums! Have you heard about the Tsukihime remake? The art looks absolutely gorgeous.

Are you helping out with the Dracu-Riot trans'n project?

Also (last question, I promise lol) did you learn Japanese through the Heisig method? I've tried learning Japanese for a while now and have been very hesitant on whether or not I should commit to it (tried it a couple times, but it didn't exactly work for me; but I'm willing to give it another shot).

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

I've been interested in anime and manga ever since I was a little brat, when I watched DBZ, Pokemon and Digimon.

I guess we're the same here, my childhood was based especially on Dragon Ball, but I enjoyed Pokemon and Digimon as well.

I've wanted to play Tsukihime for some time, but I watched the anime and it wasn't good. When I heard about the remake I thought I would wait for it, but it could be a long time until it goes out. And another long time until it's translated. I'll probably end up playing it soon.

I've been interested in anime and manga ever since I was a little brat, when I watched DBZ, Pokemon and Digimon.

Its funny you mentioned being a "Little Brat"

My First anime that i remember was Robotech. 1985 i believe it was. ( Yes im extremely old) Been a fan ever since. My dad was stationed in Japan when i was young so I got exposed to anime very early.

There were many shows I saw that were not translated. Mostly mecha and cute animals, stuff like that

Man, you guys are all a really friendly bunch! Thanks for the welcome, y'all!

Hello there fellow Brazillian, welcome to the Fuwan =D

I see you claim to be lazy, yet you're trying to learn japanese on your own, gotta respect that. In that regard, I'm lazier than you, I only play translated VN -.-

Opa! É nóis, rapaz! :D

Haha well, it DOES take a lot of effort... Although lately I haven't been really "studying", just reading untranslated VNs with a texthooker + Mecab/Jparser, hoping that'll take me somewhere... I would've made a whole lot more progress if I actually studied more, haha. orz

Its funny you mentioned being a "Little Brat"

My First anime that i remember was Robotech. 1985 i believe it was. ( Yes im extremely old) Been a fan ever since. My dad was stationed in Japan when i was young so I got exposed to anime very early.

There were many shows I saw that were not translated. Mostly mecha and cute animals, stuff like that

Man, Robotech... I have to confess, I'm not too familiar with it, or any old anime other than the ones I mentioned.

And yeah, you could say I was a Little... Buster.

Also, that quote on your sig... Righteous!

I've wanted to play Tsukihime for some time, but I watched the anime and it wasn't good. When I heard about the remake I thought I would wait for it, but it could be a long time until it goes out. And another long time until it's translated. I'll probably end up playing it soon.

I consider the Remake to be the Duke Nukem Forever of VNs... Except, of course, it'll be awesome when it comes out. (And well... I say this, but I still liked DNF... One of the few people who did, I guess. ;A; )

Good to have you with us on the forums! Have you heard about the Tsukihime remake? The art looks absolutely gorgeous.

Sure did, and yeah, I love the new character designs. Arc looks so much better! <3

Are you helping out with the Dracu-Riot trans'n project?

Unfortunetely, I'm not... Even if I wanted to, my Japanese is just not good enough. lol

Also (last question, I promise lol) did you learn Japanese through the Heisig method? I've tried learning Japanese for a while now and have been very hesitant on whether or not I should commit to it (tried it a couple times, but it didn't exactly work for me; but I'm willing to give it another shot).

I'm... not using it. orz Though I heard about it and it seems like it works for many people! Don't give up on trying. There'll be many times when you feel like you're not making a lot of progress, but baby steps are key, I think. Just enjoy the ride, it'll be worth it later!

Hey Metaler welcome~

I swear Ive seen your name before somewhere... do you have a blog?

cool to hear the guide works for you. it's actually some1 else's ideas which I just compiled and gave it the VN-hooking twist

Hey Metaler welcome~

I swear Ive seen your name before somewhere... do you have a blog?

cool to hear the guide works for you. it's actually some1 else's ideas which I just compiled and gave it the VN-hooking twist

Unfortunetely, I don't... Not yet at least! But you may have seen me on vndb once or twice... Or many times. I used to post there a lot, but I kinda got tired of it. Too much undudeness, you could say. >:

Thanks for the welcome!

I discovered visual novels after the Tsukihime anime was dubbed here, and I found out it was based on one. I had already heard that the anime was terribad, so I decided to try out the VN and I was hooked

What? I thought there was no Tsukihime anime...

Welcome to the forums! :)

I can kinda relate why Tsukihime fans are in denial with the existence of that anime..

You know what the worst is? The OST is pretty damn good, therefore you can't even completely deny the existence of the anime. I actually played a part of Tsukihime with the anime OST instead of the VN OST, cuz the VN OST quickly becomes a bit boring.

Now, a Tsukihime anime remake after the VN remake... by Ufotable... That would be a blessing.

You know what the worst is? The OST is pretty damn good, therefore you can't even completely deny the existence of the anime. I actually played a part of Tsukihime with the anime OST instead of the VN OST, cuz the VN OST quickly becomes a bit boring.

You mean like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnRhRLIudk? Yeah I know the OST is good, I was almost playing the VN around the time the remake was announced, lucky me I guess..

Well, considering it's Type-Moon we're talking about, there's still probably at least a year before any kind of release. Add to that a good 6+ months of translation (maybe less if there's enough similar text but I doubt it) and you might want to reconsider playing the old one :P

You mean like this?

Yep, one of the best tracks in itself. Some of the other tracks are very good background music too.

Lies, utter lies, there is no Tsukihime anime. ITS TOTALLY A DELUSION, YOU DON'T WANNA GIVE IN TO THAT, DO YA, WOULDN'T BE A GOOD IDEA D:

Also, ufotable, making a Tsukihime anime...?

I SHALL SELL MY SOUL FOR THS. MAKE IT HAPPEN TYPE-MOON/UFOTABLE, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

But yeah, welcome to the forums! I really need to get to learning Japanese myself, I keep planning to start but end up postponing it ;o;

EDIT:

Also, forgot to mention. At the risk of perhaps creeping you out, you sir are already bro-tier in my books.

Enjoy your time here!

Ufotable should remake every Type-Moon anime ever. Screw Deen. >:

And yeah, the OST of the original Tsukihime gets incredibly boring later...

Also, forgot to mention. At the risk of perhaps creeping you out, you sir are already bro-tier in my books.

Enjoy your time here!

Haha, thanks dude!