Fuwanovel's Contribution/Participation Recognition System (AKA: CPR) - How it Works

If you are talking about the fan TL award, I already had 1 made for that purpose, but I am totally willing to change it to this if it's more appealing.

Edit: Although, if you are talking about awards for each member of the team, than that makes more sense.

Hmm...

Yeah, we might use it for developers. That way we'd have one for TL teams and one for OELVN teams, in which the roles are quite different.

What do you think?

Well, the image is Miku drawing a portrait of herself, if you think that's fitting I don't mind.

Personally I don't think it represents the creation of a VN the best, but maybe that's just me.

*note how I can't actually see what the image is ;P*

Well, I'm not the image hunter guy; if you think of something better, or have something better, feel free to present it.

Looking at the awards page, one thing that I find extremely confusing is when you look at who got the awards, it's completely random.  Is there a way to put it in alphabetical order or something? 

I think it just puts it in the order you grant them.

I'll ask Tay if you can set it to alphabetical order.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest using this pinned thread to give some more review awards to the ones already granted.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/6085-index-of-vn-reviews-analyses-and-discussions-on-fuwanovel/

To keep things easier, I am only awarding members who have posted their reviews on the official review part of the website. Because not everyone wants to be publicly known outside of the forums, I won't be awarding users outside that designated area of the site. That being said however, they are more than welcome to post their reviews there and I will be more than happy to award them.

People rarely do things for them not to be seen.

I'm sure you'll find quality posts in there from which fuwanovel.net would benefit. And it would be in the interest of the fuwanovel site to profit from reviews which have - previously to the "officializing trend" - been given to it. 

So I suggest (which stays a suggestion and absolutely not an obligation) contacting those people before waiting for an unlikely - but possible - offer.

That was actually considered?

Huh. But wouldn't that be a pain to implement?

Although it wouldn't hurt to have them under the avatar.

No idea about difficulties of implementation ,but yes it was considered.

• Relevant and/or important awards showcasing contribution on/or around the website - As stated, these awards will be showcased on the sidebar and on your profile page, where like the old system, you will be allowed to pick and choose from 6 of these icons (as you earn more) to showcase around the site. 
  • Fun game and activity awards showcasing participation on/or around the website - These awards will not be featured on the sidebar, however you will be able to view them on your profile page. The purpose of this category is to award members of Fuwanovel who participate in fun activities. Since they aren't "needed" and don't promote any sort of contribution to the site, they are just for aesthetic purposes only

No idea about difficulties of implementation ,but yes it was considered.

• Relevant and/or important awards showcasing contribution on/or around the website - As stated, these awards will be showcased on the sidebar and on your profile page, where like the old system, you will be allowed to pick and choose from 6 of these icons (as you earn more) to showcase around the site. 
  • Fun game and activity awards showcasing participation on/or around the website - These awards will not be featured on the sidebar, however you will be able to view them on your profile page. The purpose of this category is to award members of Fuwanovel who participate in fun activities. Since they aren't "needed" and don't promote any sort of contribution to the site, they are just for aesthetic purposes only

Not sure. I'm actually trying to figure out how to implement it.

I'd like to add - appart from having been snobed - that the fuwareviews are closed to external entries (at least that's what I've been told).

Which means that this award does is not an appreciation of the community's work but of the writing staff (who greatly deserve the reward, but just as much as anyone who took the time to do it before this corner of the site was created).

Furthermore, having a "review" tab implies that all the reviews on fuwanovel should be found there which in this case is not true.

Therefore, review threads are even less likely than before to get the little attention they could have previously gotten.

I really think you should consider looking at the review threads :)

I'd like to add - appart from having been snobed - that the fuwareviews are closed to external entries.

No longer!

Aside from people writing for the fuwareviews team, we also have a community submitted reviews corner, in which anyone can participate.

It's all new so we'll see later about asking older reviews authors if they want to be added to reviews.fuwanovel.net.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...