Fuwanovel's Contribution/Participation Recognition System (AKA: CPR) - How it Works

*sniff* *sniff* No Christmas award for me yet.

Anyways I do love shiny stuff but that's the problem for me with this stuff. When I missed an event in an MMO or something of the like and everyone was using stuff they got from it, it made me feel left out. When new forum members or even old ones that join/comeback and see the award thing implemented and everyone but them has the a special icon it kinda sucks.

Hopefully it all goes well though ~ 

One last thing you get an award at a certain number of posts on your thread right? What if I am primarily the one posting on such thread?...

Can we have awards for people who contribute intellectual analysis and thoughts on Visual novels. I worked Hella hard writing this analysis:

Kanon: Mai and Sayuri Analysis

I'm also sure Maefdomn worked hard on this as well:

Swan Song Review/Thoughts thread

Honestly one of the things I find a tad disappointing with the forums these days is that there are a lot less insightful threads. If you look at the really old stuff in the back of Visual Novel Talk you can find threads like this:

Sexism in Visual Novels

The Way of Eroge

Visual Novels and their emotional meanings to you

Is romance necessary

Starting insightful discussions and making analytic contributions are important and should be valued as such. So awarding people who do so seems like an appropriate thing to do.  

I would say the reason for lack of such threads is the drama they now often bring which nobody wants to deal with. Those threads you pointed out were made looong time ago when the userbase was pretty small, leading to less chance of impending drama. But as a userbase grows bigger so does the amount of clashing of opinions going on that lead to flaming wars among other things.

Regardless, i agree there should be a badge for extensive analysis threads. Just need to come up with a design for it.

I would say the reason for lack of such threads is the drama they now often bring which nobody wants to deal with. Those threads you pointed out were made looong time ago when the userbase was pretty small, leading to less chance of impending drama. But as a userbase grows bigger so does the amount of clashing of opinions going on that lead to flaming wars among other things.

Honestly one of the things I find a tad disappointing with the forums these days is that there are a lot less insightful threads. If you look at the really old stuff in the back of Visual Novel Talk you can find threads like this:

Sexism in Visual Novels

The Way of Eroge

Visual Novels and their emotional meanings to you

Is romance necessary

Starting insightful discussions and making analytic contributions are important and should be valued as such. So awarding people who do so seems like an appropriate thing to do.  

Because there is a confusion between discussion, arguing and drama.

I just think some people take things way too personnaly and get butthurt over nothing. But meh.

However, it's not too late to necro these threads ;)

It's just a shame they get burried so easily.

Can we have awards for people who contribute intellectual analysis and thoughts on Visual novels. I worked Hella hard writing this analysis:

Kanon: Mai and Sayuri Analysis

It's one of my pet peeves that the forum values activity over serious contributions, and I've raised that point with certain people - that the forum doesn't value the people who make meaningful content or participate in serious discussions. It's continuously ignored and what I've inferred from this is it's fairly low down on the "things to deal with" list. Disappointing really. Either that or people don't care, which would be even more disappointing.

Well, there's no point starting serious discussions when hardly anybody engages. Thus, why bother? 

Top post btw!

It's one of my pet peeves that the forum values activity over serious contributions, and I've raised that point with certain people - that the forum doesn't value the people who make meaningful content or participate in serious discussions. It's continuously ignored and what I've inferred from this is it's fairly low down on the "things to deal with" list. Disappointing really. Either that or people don't care, which would be even more disappointing.

However, it's not too late to necro these threads ;)

It's just a shame they get burried so easily.

Yesterday I did by posting here: Visual novels and their emotional meanings to you

However, it's been around a day and no body has made any contributions of their own. I'm betting in a day or two the thread will be buried again. It's a shame because regardless of what I wrote, I felt what the OP said was quite nice and worth reading. 

Well there's supposed to be some kind of index of worthy threads which should and could be reworked, but ... ya know  ^_^

Edit : Actually, we could work on such a thread. Anybody interested ?

Regarding the award, I'm kind of drawing a blank here.

Do any of you guys have any ideas for a design that shows you made a nice extensive and detailed thread(s) (or something along these lines).

Other ideas after brainstorming and searching:

Tutorial award (this person made a helpful guide for something besides a walkthrough)

Article award (awarded for comprehensive and thought out articles, might be tied in with the extensive analysis award, idk)

Fuwanovel Logo Winner (this person made a logo that was used on the forums)

For the article award or detailed thread award you can do a cartoon picture of a brain with a light bulb above it and a colorful background. It seems like it would fit since the posts are supposed to be intellectual and meaningful.

Then for a tutorial award you can do a picture of an open book with what ever background you see fit.

Maybe a newspaper would work for the article award as well.

For the Fuwanovel logo why not just Logo! with again background of your choice. It might be waaayyyy to much work but you can make their logo they made mini form and make it a special award for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and Ren were trying to come up with an award for writing tutorials/guides on things in general (besides walkthroughs) and this was the final decision:

uOUmSrt.png

It's basically a confused girl reading a book to see if she can understand the subject, we thought it was cute for the purpose it holds.

One of the candidates was this one but it felt more like an award for drawing than anything else, I do still quite like it and really would like to use it for something, do any of you have any ideas of how it could be used? I feel like it's a waste to throw it away.

aOUt1VV.png

i can get it for being me :Kappa:

*on a more serious note* could always be used for a award tiago might use :) (hint)

If you are talking about the fan TL award, I already had 1 made for that purpose, but I am totally willing to change it to this if it's more appealing.

Edit: Although, if you are talking about awards for each member of the team, than that makes more sense.