Fuwanovel's Contribution/Participation Recognition System (AKA: CPR) - How it Works

It would be great if there's an option to give us a notification every time we are given an award.. or something.

I think there is if I do it manually from your profile page, however I use the ACP to handle most of the handouts so who knows. Still, you should have your Christmas themed badge if you didn't get it already!

I think there is if I do it manually from your profile page, however I use the ACP to handle most of the handouts so who knows. Still, you should have your Christmas themed badge if you didn't get it already!

I did get it. But what I'm asking is if it is possible to make a 'Notify me when I get an award' option on the Notification settings on the User CP. It's not an urgent request or anything though, so I suppose it can be done at a later date (if it's not there yet).

I did get it. But what I'm asking is if it is possible to make a 'Notify me when I get an award' option on the Notification settings on the User CP. It's not an urgent request or anything though, so I suppose it can be done at a later date (if it's not there yet).

It would be nice to get notification for added awards, but it don't think its necessary. If you are interested in getting the awards you can periodically check your awards page or just bug Ren until he decides to just throw awards at you :P

Just curious Ren, did you ever finalize the awards for making a walkthrough for the site or for being a part of a translation team?

It would be nice to get notification for added awards, but it don't think its necessary. If you are interested in getting the awards you can periodically check your awards page or just bug Ren until he decides to just throw awards at you :P

Just curious Ren, did you ever finalize the awards for making a walkthrough for the site or for being a part of a translation team?

I am still making designs for those. In fact, I was literally working on them in Photoshop as we speak!

Hey everyone,

So in order to make the system easier to handle, I have decided to add a rule that only members who have at least 10 posts or more on the forums will be eligible for awards from here on out. This removes the fluff accounts from the equation and also limits me checking pages on the members list to about 50.

I have changed the opening post to reflect this.

I just thought it would be nice if you are notified as soon as you are given an award instead of finding it out 273 days later. Even there is an option to notify you when you got the nonexistent MotM award while you can always check the main forum page to see it (assuming it still exists) :P

But as I said earlier it is not really important so you can always consider it later.

In the previous award discussion which is now unavailable (for some unknown reason), there was a puzzle design depending on the amount of walkthoughs which a member had done.

Since some members have over 10 walkthroughs to their names, I think it's a good idea to create different floors depending on the amount and to re-use the puzzle idea - or maybe slightly modify it.

In the previous award discussion which is now unavailable (for some unknown reason), there was a puzzle design depending on the amount of walkthoughs which a member had done.

Since some members have over 10 walkthroughs to their names, I think it's a good idea to create different floors depending on the amount and to re-use the puzzle idea - or maybe slightly modify it.

The thread is still up: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3260-in-progress-award-icons-looking-for-feedback/?hl=awards

Actually, I have been sifting through it the past couple of days to snag ideas, but sadly a lot of people have removed their images and designs; I know Charmanderson posted a bunch of work that was later taken down. :(

Anyways, I don't think having tiers is a good idea. I haven't made multiple post count badges, so adding ones for other things seems redundant. Still, the puzzle piece was a nice idea. Any ways you can think of reforming it to fit as an award the whole site can use?

No it's not

6d58f31b85e07094d10261414b4df927.png

And the different tiers where made from this :

stock-vector-beautiful-transparent-jigsa

Quite easy to do..

number of walkthroughs :

1 to 3, one piece filled in

4 to 6 two pieces

6 to 9 three pieces

10 and above all of them.

4 pieces, as many as the number of the fuwa colors \o/.

This was meant to be !

I think people who made 10 Wt's deserve a little bit more.

And for the puzzle idea, you wouldn't add another one, you would replace, Kinda like you are filling in the puzzle.

Charm doesn't have the designs anymore but they are honestly very easy to do.

Edit : Using this stock-vector-beautiful-transparent-jigsa

Actually removed the pieces because I don't want to do more work later if you decide to go down that path (such laziness)

KOPm1Xq.png

4ppcVoH.png

ZHFJfGR.png

cyKKSj3.png

Make what you will with them. Personally I feel like tiers are kind of neat, the downside is having to check if you fit for the criteria since this is not automatic, but it's not like it can't be done.

I also think some more post count badges wouldn't be too bad but I don't think anyone wants to hear this opinion from me :P

1-3 scrub tier :

Down : 1

dale : 1

Charmed : 1

Steve : 1

tadayoshi : 1

Ivan A. : 1

Maefdomn : 1

Amagami : 1

Aaeru : 2

Mevvrynne : 2

MrDruidd : 2

Katatsumari : 2

latilen : 3

Hackrabbits : 3

Tay : 3

4 - 6 Okay tier :

Eclipsed : 4

Beato : 4

Ryechu : 5

Skeith : 5

7 - 9 Wow tier :

Flutterz : 7

Nosebleed : 9

Ryoji : 9

Tom : 9

> 10 God tier :

Stanleys : 10

:scottsune:  : pizza

Edit : Re-use that as a reference in the Walkthrough thread if necessary.

If Ren does decide to implement the tiers, I'd actually vote against the puzzle idea.

Tiers themselves are fine, but I think it would be better to do a (example) bronze -> silver -> gold -> diamond model than a 1/4 -> 2/4 -> 3/4 -> 4/4 model, cuz incomplete badges are nasty.

I think that's what Ren means when he says sidebar, though it obviously hasn't been implemented yet:

On 11/23/2014 at 7:35 PM, OriginalRen said:

For starters, award icons will be split into 2 separate categories. In order to receive awards you must have at least 10 posts or more on the forums. Please note the difference between the words contribution and participation:

• Relevant and/or important awards showcasing contribution on/or around the website - As stated, these awards will be showcased on the sidebar and on your profile page, where like the old system, you will be allowed to pick and choose from 6 of these icons (as you earn more) to showcase around the site. 
  • Fun game and activity awards showcasing participation on/or around the website - These awards will not be featured on the sidebar, however you will be able to view them on your profile page.