Fuwanovel's Contribution/Participation Recognition System (AKA: CPR) - How it Works

Edit: Please note that I have changed the name of the system to better reflect what it's intended purpose is. That being said, occasional words such as "award" will appear in this post which do not reflect the purpose behind this system. Since I don't want to go back and edit all of the words, please read them with the given intent in mind. Thanks!

So as promised, here is the 1st thread which I plan to make in the next week or 2 that will hopefully help push the forums and website in the right direction. As stated in my recent update post, I will be responsible for reviving the award's system that was used a long time ago on Fuwanovel. Before we start discussing ideas for the awards, let me explain the system and how it is going to work.

For starters, award icons will be split into 2 separate categories. In order to receive awards you must have at least 10 posts or more on the forums. Please note the difference between the words contribution and participation:

• Relevant and/or important awards showcasing contribution on/or around the website - As stated, these awards will be showcased on the sidebar and on your profile page, where like the old system, you will be allowed to pick and choose from 6 of these icons (as you earn more) to showcase around the site. Everyone will be able to publicly view these awards. Their goal is to mark your effort in making Fuwanovel a better place overall. That being said, please keep in mind that these awards are in no way personal; nobody will get a special award for being a specific person (i.e. = there will not be a solidbatman award for being awesome). By actively making Fuwanovel a better place, people will be able to recognize your efforts.

Here are some examples of awards that fall under this category:

1. Have at least 500 posts

2. Actively be apart of a translation team as posted in the project's section on the site (awards may be given depending on what role in the project you helped with, though this is a work in progress)

3. Create an original visual novel or actively partake in making it

4. Actively volunteer for or participate in a podcast episode (previous episodes count)

5. Create a walkthrough that is featured on the website

6. Create a thread that has at least 250 or more replies (threads that are meant for the purpose of discussion will be used. Contests, giveaways, and other fluff won't be used)

• Fun game and activity awards showcasing participation on/or around the website - These awards will not be featured on the sidebar, however you will be able to view them on your profile page. The purpose of this category is to award members of Fuwanovel who participate in fun activities. Since they aren't "needed" and don't promote any sort of contribution to the site, they are just for aesthetic purposes only

Here are some examples of awards that fall under this category:

1. Participate in visual novel trivia month

2. Participate in the BOGs game

3. Participate in Fuwanovel's murder mystery game

4. Submit a Fuwanovel time capsule entry before 2015

5. Win the retro giveaway drawing

6. Participate in Rose's Grisaia quiz (awarded to the winner)

These are just some of the many awards that are being featured on the site. If you any other ideas that you want to see implemented or have an awesome idea for the design of an award, feel free to PM me and we can work something out. I am always open to suggestions!

Adding 2 awards to the relevant category:

1. Create a meaningful sticky or thread that assists the forum in some way or another (i.e. = Kaguya's list of 50 translated VNs, the English translated VNs list)

2. Actively assist or contribute to a Japanese language thread (this includes anyone who has provided helpful tools and/or advice for learning the language)

I think this is going to end up being a gimmick, too many trivial awards will dilute the nature of the award system. That's what the last one ended up as, and it's also what the MOTM award became. This could just be me being a grumpy old man but awards are meant to be earnt, yet a lot of these seem to be almost given away. Not a fan of earning awards for no. of posts or for creating threads with many replies. Not a fan of the games and activity awards, because participation in Forum games is a poor way to show you participate on the website.

This thread belongs in the Community Hub btw.

I think this is going to end up being a gimmick, too many trivial awards will dilute the nature of the award system. That's what the last one ended up as, and it's also what the MOTM award became. This could just be me being a grumpy old man but awards are meant to be earnt, yet a lot of these seem to be almost given away. Not a fan of earning awards for no. of posts or for creating threads with many replies. Not a fan of the games and activity awards, because participation in Forum games is a poor way to show you participate on the website.

This thread belongs in the Community Hub btw.

Hey everyone,

As some of you might have noticed, the server move has instigated the beginning of the CPR system here on Fuwanovel! Right now, all awards you receive over the next week or so will be featured on your profile page for you to view (there is a tab that you can click on the sidebar to view them).

As stated, all awards that have been mentioned in this thread will be handed out as part of the system. Over the next few days or so, we should be editing the names of all the material on the front end of the forums and work on getting the "contribution" awards featured on your sidebar where you will have the option of selecting which 6 (if you have more than 6) you want to showcase!

Thanks again for your patience everyone, and I hope you enjoy the system!

Update!

For those of you who submitted a Fuwanovel time capsule entry, you have received an award! Make sure to check your profile page, and thanks so much for making an effort to join in on all the fun. Happy holidays, and see you in 2015!

Remember that if you want to submit an entry, it's not too late!