VN Veterans, I Call Upon Thee! Help Me Out!

Tyler11ball

Basically... I'm used to playing VN (Galge preferred, but can do with eroge too.) with multiple heroines. Well, I'm sick of it. It breaks my heart to find a game where the childhood friend wants me but I want others, it's just too much! I just want a VN with a single heroine, anyone have anything in mind? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

The important point here is whether or not you read japanese. Single heroines are excessively rare as far as I know, the tendency rather being to give a route to everyone and their mom (especially their mom).

In english I can only see Saya no Uta (which is a bit special), and short stories such as Planetarian, Narcissu (both of them are not overly romantic) and Dra+Koi.

My face upon realizing I've never played a visual novel with only one heroine. 

Except for this one, Lonely Yuri.

At any rate, while these two games have more than one heroine, but they are so isolated from each other that you don't break any hearts by choosing someone over the others.

Air - This will break your heart anyways, but at least it won't be from choosing someone over someone else. There's three heroines.

ShiniKiss - You don't break hearts here. One's too much of a Tsundere to let you know she loves you, and the other is too much of a coward to even hint at it. The third doesn't even know she loves you. There's three heroines.

Huh. A visual novel where there's only a single heroine, eh?

Can't you narrow it down to a visual novel that only has one heroine fall in love with you per route?

If that's the case, then it would be much easier.

Based on your statements, your problem is that you can't get someone that wants you because you want someone else, right?

Then why not read something that satisfies all the girls that want you then?

Yes. A harem game.

Go play Alicesoft games. Guehehehe.

In all honesty, usually single-heroine means linear in some fashion.  My instinct tells me to go ahead and suggest Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, while it isn't primarially a romance, it's one of the best out there and it's certainly linear enough to avoid the issue stated earlier.

Aside from that, my instinct also says to go Clannad - while it does have multiple heroines, there is a 'true route' so the final choice is already made.  Fuwa's version has been taken down in anticipation for the official release (Though that's estimated to be at least a year away, with the full re-translation and whatnot.) but if you can't wait there's probably another place to find it.

In terms of more romance-based, I've played through the first chapter of Sekien No Inganock, and it seems to be linear with a single heroine, though it isn't a pure romance it's still closer than Umineko.  That said I haven't completed it and can't give a full reccomendation based on what I know.

That's what I've got.  Good luck~

Didn't expect this much info. Thanks everyone. I will make sure to tackle all suggestions individually. And sadly, no, I can't read Japanese. :( 

As of right now, I'm terrified because I played through Everlasting Summer, the VN that came out on Steam not too long ago. It is freaky! But I can't say I'm not hooked... I will play it as many times as I have to to beat this game. It has multiple heroine, but it's crazy. So crazy I want to make logic out of this illogical world. I recommend you top-notch VN'ers play it.