What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Watched American Sniper last night.

First 20 minutes had me thinking it was just some hokey american hollywood war movie, but it got real. Damn real. I appreciate it because it's focus wasn't about being a popcorn movie, but about the damage war causes to people and society.

The theater was chillingly quiet after it was over too.

Actually got around to watching The Interview on Netflix...I wasted my time.  It was a typical gross-out swearfest that is typically aimed at 15-20-year-olds, with the draw being North Korea, which has been getting a lot of attention recently.  Honestly, the only reason I saw it was because Little Fatty Un's government threw a fit trying to get it pulled.  Wasn't really expecting much, but it still managed to be underwhelming.

Bet they earned a decent amount of money, even with no major theaters airing it, what with the whole "I should see this movie if I support free speech" sentiment floating around.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Supernatural Season 10 Ep.13. Another filler  which was a cross between the horror movies Pulse and I Know What You Did Last Summer. -_-. Just your typical monster of the week episode with some Mark of Cain subplot thrown in at the last minute. Next week should be good. Finally get to see Cain vs. Dean.

Today's episode of Gotham was decent, at least they didn't butcher The Joker like I was worried it would.

Today's episode of Sleepy Hollow...dear lord, that was the worst implemented  alignment change I've seen in a long time. I get they didn't know what to do with the character and maybe with more time and better writing it could have worked, but this is so sudden and ultimately feels like a middle finger to continuity.

Finished watching The Walking Dead Season 5, Ep.10. Quite the riveting episodes as we see the characters' morale plummet to dangerous levels. Many of them are barely putting one foot in front of the other, hungry and tired as they make their way to Washington. It'll be interesting to see whether they make it to the next safe haven that many people are talking about. Don't know what to make of Aaron at the moment, since they've been tricked before and led down dangerous paths after taking a stranger's help.

Finished watching The Walking Dead Season 5, Ep.10. Quite the riveting episodes as we see the characters' morale plummet to dangerous levels. Many of them are barely putting one foot in front of the other, hungry and tired as they make their way to Washington. It'll be interesting to see whether they make it to the next safe haven that many people are talking about. Don't know what to make of Aaron at the moment, since they've been tricked before and led down dangerous paths after taking a stranger's help.

tumblr_njugt7dklf1rz6lejo1_400.jpg