What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Just watched this, it stars Sam Rockwell and Kevin spacey as his robot companion. Its about an astronaut on a three year solo mission on the moon, maintain machines that are harvesting the moons surface for helium 3. With only two weeks left on his contract, he's anxious to go home and be reunited with his wife and daughter. He begins experiencing hallucinations and after an accident, things go very wrong...

Its a Sci-Fi mystery that's compelling in its exploration of the effects of solitude and loneliness. Its a good film with fantastic acting and old school Sci-Fi effects. Check it out!

ps: Kaya Scodelario's in it briefly [Effy! :Chocola:].

Edited by DharmaFreedom

• 2 months later...

I went to go see IT in theater today. Man seriously, that movie was legit scary as hell. I appreciate how well the story tied in with the horror; it used real development and build up to make for a truly horrifying experience rather than just throw in cheap, predictable pop-up scares. It was so very exciting! The actors were spot-on as well.

And surprisingly enough, my sister loved it too. She kept her feet off the floor the whole time out of fear of Pennywise, but she enjoyed it nonetheless, lol.

• 1 month later...

Went to see Thor Ragnarok and really liked it, probably one of the funniest movies I've seen this year and definitely the best of the Thor movies.  Also (and this is probably just me), even though the color theme's different, I couldn't help but see Hela as a kind of female Gilgamesh at points

Spoiler

which could justify why we don't see her fight the Hulk since UBW pretty much shows how that fight would turn out

Watched the last bit of His and Her Circumstances/Kare Kano today and I really enjoyed it up to a certain point but I felt it kind of fell apart toward the end (And I mean they had like 4 flashback episodes in  a 26 episode series)

I liked how different the romance was and how the characters were portrayed

Yukino was the bomb!

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2017 at 6:54 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Watched the latest Star Wars and... oh my god what have they done. I'd personally rate it around a 6/10, which is kinda low for such an incredible franchise.

6/10? It was a 4 if anything. Everytime when I think they can't destroy the franchise any further, they release something that proves me wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Soulless Watcher said:

Saw the first episode of the new Xfiles...... wow. There are dumpster fires and than there are dumpster wild fires.  

I have heard nothing about it so that explains it. Is it the same actors?

Anyway I saw Lady Bird tonight and it was a fucking great movie. It was well written, well acted, well directed. It was just a fucking great movie.

11 hours ago, Ranzo said:

I have heard nothing about it so that explains it. Is it the same actors?

Yup, apparently the standalone episodes are much better and the season premiere that focuses on the main story was the weakest link.

So hopefully it gets better.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

So started watching some movies, first of Jeepers Creepers 3:

Its a weird one, its totally different then the previous ones, but at the same time it had the same vibe as the previous ones, feels less horrorish though. There's quite some bad CG in it and when its not intergrated right, some actors are surprisingly good but other bad, yet despite this i actually enjoyed it, want a 4th installment though!

PS: weird even if its called 3 its in between 1 and 2 in the timeline lol.

Spiderman Homecoming:

To be quite honest i really loved it! There are good changes and bad changes, it felt like the previous spiderman reboot had more bad ones as far as i was concerned then good ones, but this reboot felt so awesome! Really love the new vibe they gave everything and it was interesting seeing a more realistic portrail of a kid ending up with super powers, mainly his excitement and childish sides when confronting the sudden changes and power gained, do want more!

Edited by Strike105X

Blade Runner Movie Poster

"Batty: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."

"Gaff: It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

"Batty: Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the "good" man? C'mon, Deckard."

"Pris: I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

"Pris: Must get lonely here, J.F.

J.F. Sebastian: Not really. I MAKE friends. They're toys. My friends are toys. I make them. It's a hobby. I'm a genetic designer."

"Roy: There's only two of us now.

Pris: Then we're stupid and we'll die."

Tyrell: I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner.

Batty: It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.

Tyrell: What could he do for you?

Batty: Can the maker repair what he makes?

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Just finished Altered Carbon. It has lots of sex and violence but good plot tho. I’d recommend it to anyone who likes Philip k Dick and William gibson’s books, the show refers to them in more than one way.

@DharmaFreedom Blade runner is one of my favorites. Those are some good quotes there :thumbsup:

@Ranzo the only reason to watch the new one is to remind how good was the old one ;p 

2 minutes ago, BlackCatPrincess said:

Just finished Altered Carbon. It has lots of sex and violence but good plot tho. I’d recommend it to anyone who likes Philip k Dick and William gibson’s books, the show refers to them in more than one way.

@DharmaFreedom Blade runner is one of my favorites. Those are some good quotes there :thumbsup:

@Ranzo the only reason to watch the new one is to remind how good was the old one ;p 

Ha ha I see that new comedy routine you're working on is doing well:wahaha:

On 13/02/2018 at 2:09 AM, Ranzo said:

Have you seen the new blade runner yet?

No I have yet! I actually rewatched the original bladerunner in preparation to watch the new one, then i lost interest in watching the new one, for no reason at all :sachi:. I really enjoyed re-watching the original though.

Apart from the great script, the cinematography, costume design and production design were amazing. Also, the general ambience of the movie, that suffocation, clutter and congestion really pulled me, they really brought the bladerunner world and the state of it, to life. I think thats the thing with older movies, since they didn't have amazing cgi, every detail had to be given so much attention to help with the viewers immersion, just look at this movie and the original star wars. [i know you didn't ask me, i sort of went off on a tangent, gomen! :wafuu:]

I think i'll watch the new one this weekend, hope its interesting. 

Stalker(1979) but the remastered version that was released last year. I have not watched it yet but I will tonight. It is a not really well known movie (at least I think it's not well known) by Andrei Tarkovsky based on a science fiction book that I just finished reading called Roadside Picnic.

Here's a little bit on the movie:

Spoiler

A hired guide - the "Stalker" of the title - leads a writer and a scientist into the heart of the Zone, the restricted site of a long-ago disaster, where the three men eventually zero in on the Room, a place rumored to fulfill one's most deeply held desires. Adapting a science-fiction novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, and making what would be his final Soviet feature, Tarkovsky created a challenging and visually stunning work, his painstaking attention to material detail and sense of organic atmosphere further enriched by this vivid new restoration.

58 minutes ago, Andromis said:

Stalker(1979) but the remastered version that was released last year. I have not watched it yet but I will tonight. It is a not really well known movie (at least I think it's not well known) by Andrei Tarkovsky based on a science fiction book that I just finished reading called Roadside Picnic.

Here's a little bit on the movie:

Reveal hidden contents

A hired guide - the "Stalker" of the title - leads a writer and a scientist into the heart of the Zone, the restricted site of a long-ago disaster, where the three men eventually zero in on the Room, a place rumored to fulfill one's most deeply held desires. Adapting a science-fiction novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, and making what would be his final Soviet feature, Tarkovsky created a challenging and visually stunning work, his painstaking attention to material detail and sense of organic atmosphere further enriched by this vivid new restoration.

I great movie with an incredible atmosphere IMO, but a very slow one. I hope you'll enjoy it, it's one of the more memorable ones I've ever seen. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak