What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

On 3/14/2016 at 2:44 PM, Zenophilious said:

Saw The Revenant yesterday, and man, it was really good but hard to watch.  Anyone that says Leo didn't deserve his Oscar should shut up and watch it.

I agree, The Revenant was really good, leo's acting was right on spot.

I just saw Batman Vs superman, I don't know much about DC, but this movie was pretty damn good, the actions and the fights were just awesome, the characters, especially Lex had great acting,story was good,and even though I don't know much about DC, I would go see a sequel if they make one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finished watching Gravity Falls.  I have to say, they turned the second season around quite nicely, as I thought it was starting to get a little sub-par, and actually made it better than the first in some ways.  The ending was great, and there really was nothing about the second half of the second season that I'd want to change.  It definitely is one of my favorite cartoons of all time, even if it is a Disney product.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been to the far esat film festival, last week.

I watched all this crap:

APRIL 23:

Regia: TOYOSHIMA Keisuke
Stato: Japan
Anno: 2016
Durata: 110'

APRIIL 24:

A Melody to Remember

Regia:LEE Han

Stato:South Korea

Anno:2016

Durata:124'

Round Trip Heart

Regia:TANADA Yuki

Stato:Japan

Anno:2015

Durata:97'

Mojin: The Lost Legend

Regia:Wuershan

Stato:China

Durata:127'

The Kodai Family

Regia:HIJIKATA Masato

Durata:115'

Bakuman

Regia:ONE Hitoshi

Durata:119'

Chongqing Hot Pot

Regia:YANG Qing

Durata:99'

Bitcoin Heist

Regia:Ham TRAN

Stato:Vietnam

Durata:116'

APRIL 25:

Making Family

Regia: CHO Jin-mo

Stato: South Korea

Durata:100'

Ola Bola

Regia:CHIU Keng Guan

Stato:Malaysia

Durata:113'

Lost In Hong Kong

Regia:XU Zheng

Durata:114'

Fourth Place

Regia:JUNG Ji-woo

Stato:South Korea

Durata:116'

Hime-Anole

Regia:YOSHIDA Keisuke

Durata:99'

The only film I enjoyed this Year was Hime-Anole, really great movie.

• 2 months later...

I recently started watching Jessica Jones with my fiancé, and I am really enjoying it so far! I am about halfway into the show and hoping to finish it soon so we can start the second season of Daredevil. I loved the first season and have heard a lot of positive things about the second season, so I am looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since I dropped off the site, movies of note that I watched were, in order of viewing date, No Country for Old Men, The Ring (Japanese version), Requiem for a Dream, and Finding Dory.

They were all pretty damn good.  Old Men was brutal, The Ring was slightly cheesy but a refreshing switch from typical horror movies (no jumpscares  : D ), RfaD was emotionally numbing and not something I want to watch again, and Finding Dory was, while not as good as the first movie, IMO, and extremely predictable, still a good watch and highly enjoyable (although nostalgia was definitely a factor).

Just finished watching deadgirl. Let's just say that dead pussies are kinda gross. I mean, the flesh is rotting and everything, ugh. I don't know why anyone would want to stick their donger in that thing.

Aside from that, it's a pretty clever spin on the zombie genre.

★★★½

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back.

Yesterday I got to watch Doctor Strange in theater. It was a very intriguing watch and the producers went to town on the special effects (which were cool as hell). I appreciate how much the magic was fleshed out overall; there were so many neat ideas going into this. Only unfortunate downside is that the theater was a little bit populated and I had to sit in the front, so I'll definitely have to give it another watch when I buy it on Blu-ray.

Big Bang Theory daily. Though it's because my mother loves the show and I just happen to sit back and watch it every time my family has dinner, since it comes on during that time. She even has all current seasons on DVD.

She also loves Friends and Three's Company. Once again, I would sit back and watch those whenever I'm up for dinner because my mother likes to watch them like a marathon.

Who wants to be a millionaire every saturday. This is second season after a long break in our country with new host (who is much worse than original) . Funny thing is that they clearly select people who can succeed with easy questions. They are usually immigrants, feminists or other promotion groups. it wasn't nearly as transparent 10 years ago.

Other than that Natgeo's Earth Investigated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...