What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

I've finally come around to see The Edge of Tomorrow. That was a really good movie and I'm sad to have missed it in the theaters.

If it makes you feel better, you're not the only one who kicked himself after that.

As for me, saw Nightcrawler and that was an interesting movie. Watched the first three episodes of True Detective Season 1, glad I have it among my Halloween Netflix lineup so far. Kind of reminds me of No Country For Old Men tonally

I've finally come around to see The Edge of Tomorrow. That was a really good movie and I'm sad to have missed it in the theaters.

That was an amazing movie, action packed, and the story and setting just made me super excited as I watched the repetition. 

I just watched Elysium, and i am shocked by how good it is,I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that good, but it was such a good movie, but I only have one question regarding the movie...why did the hippo do it? I don't quite understand why

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Bridge of Spies last weekend. In spite of the critical (and audience) acclaim, I just didn't like it. Felt wholly mediocre, with all the Spielberg story beats you'd expect. A portion of my disappointment might be due to my own misaligned expectations, as I went in craving something in the vein of John le Carre in spite of the trailer leading you to expect otherwise.

Started watching Arrow as background noise, it quicky got bumped up to gaining my full attention.

Marathoned American horror story and i gotta say, it was a god damn experience(in a good way).

I thought the drama will be just mindless horror cliches.

Ken~~~ How was season 4? I got to episode 2 and kinda dropped it... To spoopy 5 me. 

Started watching Arrow as background noise, it quicky got bumped up to gaining my full attention.

Marathoned American horror story and i gotta say, it was a god damn experience(in a good way).

Ken~~~ How was season 4? I got to episode 2 and kinda dropped it... To spoopy 5 me. 

The Freakshow? It was damn good. although its more slasher/thriller rather than horror IMO. However its still good.

You should watch it!

Started watching Arrow as background noise, it quickly got bumped up to gaining my full attention.

The Freakshow? It was damn good. although its more slasher/thriller rather than horror IMO. However its still good.

You should watch it!

Circus and freak show creep me out, so dirty... Might try to continue watching it.

I wanted to rewatch Army of Darkness for the first time in 10 years, to get into the Halloween mood. And so I did.

My god, this movie is almost unbearably entertaining. As soon as the spooky skeleton army appears the movie is just glorious. My favorite part is, when the guys behind the camera just start throwing plastic skeletons at Bruce Campbell during an obviously improvised fighting sequence. It's the greatest.

Everyone should watch Army of Dankness to celebrate Halloween. And also watch Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 while you're at it.

Recently watched Snowpiercer on Netflix, and I have to say, it's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. The ending in particular.

"Hey, let's blow up the train! It's getting marginally warmer out there, so it's fine to kill literally every person on the train in a crash, leaving only a 17 year old girl and a 10 year old boy with zero survival skills and no food. Let's also put a polar bear right outside of the train to show you that life does exist! It's not like that bear would charge at them and fucking chew on their spines the moment he saw them, considering he's likely starved at that point.

Why not take the train for a few more cycles, waiting for the temperature to rise even further, then plan to derail the train somewhere that's not in the middle of nowhere. Also, how about preparing a room for more than two fucking people to survive in?

Going full retard seems to be common in Hollywood.

Watched Night Before Christmas :Teeku:

Hey, I was going to say that :vinty:

Man, I love that movie.  It still amuses me that Disney didn't want their name on it until it turned out to be a huge success, and then they re-issued it as a Disney film.  Apparently they thought it was too scary and dark to be a successful kids movie.

Watched Night Before Christmas :Teeku:

Hey, I was going to say that :vinty:

Man, I love that movie.  It still amuses me that Disney didn't want their name on it until it turned out to be a huge success, and then they re-issued it as a Disney film.  Apparently they thought it was too scary and dark to be a successful kids movie.

I loved it too. Especially the songs (I sang along with the first song)~ :Teeku:

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished group-watching The End of the Tour with my dad and imouto. It's a biographical film adaptation of a book on a litmag's profile interview for an author and his book that I have yet to read but is apparently pomo and extremely long making it inevitable that I read it because people can't live turning down such a fitting challenge.

I will refrain from saying anything else about this film; it's worth watching whether or not you've read Infinite Jest or plan to, which can too be said about all of the layers of adaptation/reinterpretation it was borne out of. Instead, here's an incredibly lame stock phrase expressing my personal rating of the work because I feel I'm too cool for numbers: "It's beautiful."