What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Started on Survivors, a British version of The Walking Dead, but without the zombies.

Also just finished the first episode of the new season of Orange is the New Black. Seems about consistent with the quality of the previous seasons.

Just got back from watching Jurassic world, I actually liked it a lot, the story was pretty damn good, not as intense as the first two, but it was still pretty damn good, and they didn't even do that many stupid and senseless things in a situation involving dinosaurs, the ending is not something you would expect,and the ending was rushed in my point of view, though it was one way to end it. Would recommend seeing it if your a fan of the previous two Jurassic movies 

Just got back from watching Jurassic world, I actually liked it a lot, the story was pretty damn good, not as intense as the first two, but it was still pretty damn good, and they didn't even do that many stupid and senseless things in a situation involving dinosaurs, the ending is not something you would expect,and the ending was rushed in my point of view, though it was one way to end it. Would recommend seeing it if your a fan of the previous two Jurassic movies 

lol same here. Haven't watched any movie for a year. Jurassic world is 9/10 for me.

I watched it with my aniki. I have not watched the previous two you are talking about but I found this really intense. The movie is awesome. Some scenes are funny like the guy who fell on the raptor's cage. Yeah, the ending was really abrupt.

Worth my time.

Ended up catching up on some found footage films that I've had in my backlog after a buddy of mine who I usually watch that stuff with surprised me by dropping by.

Watched VHS: Viral (absolutely atrocious), Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (better than the critical reception lead me to believe) and The Last Sacrament. That one was the real gem.  I think Ti West might just be my favorite contemporary horror director, he has never failed to deliver except maybe on his segment in the V/H/S.

Also saw Jurassic World on Sunday and I'm up to episode 8 of Orange is the New Black.

Watched Edge of Tomorrow and really enjoyed it; was alot funnier than I expected it to be (mainly in the many deaths of Tom Cruise's character). Anyone here read the novel it's based on and if so how is it by comparison?

Edge of tomorrow was so damn good for me, I freaking loved it, action packed, had pockets of humor here and there, and has a better ending than the manga,I enjoyed it so much....good times....

I went and saw Inside out , it was really damn good, I can't believe I'm saying this, but a Disney movie gave me the feels, it was quite emotional, was a great movie and I wouldn't mind a sequel to it, but the downside is they did way too much promotion and advertising on youtube, and I saw a lot of scenes that I had already saw on youtube, the youtube clips got me really hyped for the movie, but when I recall seeing this part on youtube, it made me feel a little sad, but other than that it was a great movie

Finished Orange is the New Black. This season was better than season 2, though there wasn't really anything too explosive. The final episode felt more like a midseason finale more than anything.

I've been watching The Story of Film: An Odyssey this week. Up to episode 6. Really interesting, educational stuff. Totally recommend it if you're interested in film and film history.

Also started watching 666 Park Avenue, a doomed show that while has an interesting premise on paper, has so far been unimpressive. The leading couple have excellent chemistry though.

Hm, let's see.

Price Check - It has this very muted feel that's pretty appropriate for a corporate setting and the transition from good guy into lying, cheating POS for the main character is just about seamless. Also, Parker Posey.

Lee Daniel's The Butler - All over the place, did not like. It was cool to see so many varied, well-known actors play the presidents in the film though.

Inside Out - Very cool and very creative. A 9/10 Pixar film

I dropped 666 Park Avenue at episode 5. All the characters and twists just felt so low impact and boring. The lead couple were pretty good though.

I finished season 8 and 9 of American Dad over the past couple of weeks and I'm up to episode 9 of The Story of Film miniseries. 

Just finished watching Agents of SHIELD. 1st season was pretty damn fantastic and had some good impact scenes. I was a little bit disappointed with how 2nd season turned out in comparison, but it was still interesting enough for me to continue watching it. Unfortunately, most of the characters lost their charm and the new ones introduced weren't all that great. There were fewer memorable moments as well. At least Skye was awesome till the very end. The end of the season had some indication that there would be another, hope to get it soon. :)

Watching Prison Break now, it's as interesting as I hoped it would be. On episode 4.

Supremacy: I'm a fan of Danny Glover, but the film is largely underwhelming.

100 Bloody Acres: A "horror" comedy, reminiscent of Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. I enjoyed it a lot, the humor hits and the whole thing is wonderfully macabre. 

Get Hard: I'm a fan of Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell and there's some cheap laughs here, but it's entirely forgettable and a lot of the humor misses.

Terminator Genisys: Too long and largely boring. I think time travel movies only work if either the plot remains relatively simple (the original Terminator for example) or if it's incomprehensible (Primer). Genisys plot is easy to follow,but it's just too convoluted imo. 

Just watched two reruns of Gilligan's Island while I was dog sitting.  That show is so stupid it's amazing.  I also watched an episode of the Brady Bunch and resisted a very strong urge to erase my memory via blunt trauma to the head.  I have absolutely no idea why people would willingly watch that show, it's just so bland and unfunny.