What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

I finished Rectify Season 2. I really liked it, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming season 3.

Also watched episode 2 of Between on Netflix. Show's not really that impressive. The "main" girl has a serious case of bitch face and her boyfriend's character is portrayed/written with the vigor of a corpse.

When it comes to TV, I only watch Game of Thrones.

And when it comes to movies, the last ones I watched were the original Mad Max movies (I haven't watched them prior to watching Fury Road).

That new Game of Thrones episode yesterday was crazingly good.

Finished the next to last DVD of season 2 of Babylon 5...holy crap did that one end with two really good episodes. The first with a genuine surprise twist and the second on a real major change for the setting.

1) I am now convinced Psi-corps was founded by an alternate universe M. Bison

2) Londo...oh, man what a character arc...

I just watched The Big Lebowski.  I don't even pretend to understand what the point of that movie was.

Woah, you didn't like it? Definitely my favorite Coen brothers movie.

I suppose it's not for everyone.

Woah, you didn't like it? Definitely my favorite Coen brothers movie.

I suppose it's not for everyone.

Nah, I didn't dislike it, I just don't see the meaning behind it.  It was hilarious ("You know, that's just your opinion, man."), but as far as I understood it, it lacked any sort of lesson or meaning besides don't let your dumbass Vietnam vet friend boss you around and don't offer to help people  :P

Nah, I didn't dislike it, I just don't see the meaning behind it.  It was hilarious ("You know, that's just your opinion, man."), but as far as I understood it, it lacked any sort of lesson or meaning besides don't let your dumbass Vietnam vet friend boss you around and don't offer to help people  :P

That's sort of a theme a lot of Coen brothers movies have: No Country for Old Men, A Serious Man, Fargo...

A lot of nihilism (*ahem*) and seemingly senseless violence.

I just watched The Big Lebowski.  I don't even pretend to understand what the point of that movie was.

You wanna try watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for not understanding anything. I think I've watched it 6 times and every time I'm still confused to hell by the end.

Just watched Oldboy, this Korean revenge thriller about a guy that's kidnapped for 15 years and then is mysteriously released one day. Really good film (the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic), would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of violence.

That being said, I have issues with teeth. There is teeth shit going on. Oh god.

Started watching Lillyhammer yesterday. I'm really liking it.

Just watched Oldboy, this Korean revenge thriller about a guy that's kidnapped for 15 years and then is mysteriously released one day. Really good film (the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic), would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of violence.

That being said, I have issues with teeth. There is teeth shit going on. Oh god.

If you haven't already, check out the other two movies in the Vengeance trilogy: Sympathy of Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. Old Boy is probably the best out of the 3, but I have to say I ended up liking Lady Vengeance just as much. Nothing in the other two films really can touch the hallway fight scene though.

If you haven't already, check out the other two movies in the Vengeance trilogy: Sympathy of Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. Old Boy is probably the best out of the 3, but I have to say I ended up liking Lady Vengeance just as much. Nothing in the other two films really can touch the hallway fight scene though.

You know, I didn't even realise it was part of a trilogy! I'll definitely check those out if I come across them. Yeah, the hallway fight scene truly is something special - when he comes out the lift at the end and they all just fall out, that gets me every time :lol:

Hoh... Finished S10 of Supernatural.

Very interesting. I don't know if anything can ever top S5's The Apocalypse storyline, but it seems the writers are finally trying to attempt so. S11 may be promising if they can work with "The Darkness" :D

It seems strange knowing that Death would hand over to Dean the one thing that could put an end to his existence, knowing full well the bond between the two brothers. I'm not saying he should have expected that sudden reversal at the end, but surely he took precautions against another traitorous act.

As for S11, I'm still hoping that Chuck makes an eventual return and goes Deus-ex-machina over the darkness unleashed. I don't think simple exorcisms and angels are going to cut it for the battle ahead.