What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Just came back from Mad Max and it's probably my favorite movie of the year.

Great pace, tight script and not once did the movie stop to deliver an exposition dump, everything needed to be told, was told in the flow of events. Amazing action scenes, the distance between action and camera was perfect. Close ups weren't just clusterfucks of dust, sparks and explosions, I was actually able to tell what's going on (unlike certain scenes in Age of Ultron...).

If not, it's without a doubt the most visually appealing movie since Pacific Rim. The setting looks like a real, lived in world, instead of green screen set #13. All those practical models and real sets... Haaaa... I'm so glad to be alive... 

I need Fallout 4

Just came back from Mad Max and it's probably my favorite movie of the year.

Great pace, tight script and not once did the movie stop to deliver an exposition dump, everything needed to be told, was told in the flow of events. Amazing action scenes, the distance between action and camera was perfect. Close ups weren't just clusterfucks of dust, sparks and explosions, I was actually able to tell what's going on (unlike certain scenes in Age of Ultron...).

If not, it's without a doubt the most visually appealing movie since Pacific Rim. The setting looks like a real, lived in world, instead of green screen set #13. All those practical models and real sets... Haaaa... I'm so glad to be alive... 

I need Fallout 4

I've spent far too long arguing with my girlfriend on why Fury Road is getting so much love. This is the exact argument I used. But she can't get past how goofy she felt the movie was. Its a fantastic movie.

The last movie I watched was Mad Max. I think it became my favourite action film of all time; it was a ride from start to finish. It's a little unfortunate for me to say that I haven't watched the original films yet, especially the first two, but now I'm very intrigued in doing so.

There's a Netflix original series called Sense8 that looks interesting. I've watched the trailer last week and it appears to be the story of 8 individuals around the world who shares the same mind. 

The concept itself looks very entertaining, I believe I read somewhere before that it's not the first time a concept like that was used. From how the trailer looked, I'll surely watch it on the day it airs and see how it is.

Watched Back to the Future Part II.  Still liked the original better, but I enjoyed the inclusion of time-travel paradoxes.  Biff telling his younger self to stop saying "Make like a tree, and get out of here," was absolutely golden.

I'm definitely going to see Mad Max this weekend.  I've never seen the originals, so will that ruin the experience for me, or is it good as a stand-alone flick?

I saw the first one and Thunderdome, but it's been somewhat around twelve years. I can only remember visuals and shards until I rewatch them.

But I don't think you need to know more about Mad Max than the overall premise. Especially because Fury Road isn't about Max as a character, he is just the vessel. Like Wolverine in Days of Future Past.

Watched the first episode of Between on Netflix. The writing is pretty bad, but it had me interested enough that I wanted to see the next episode. Too bad I'll have to wait a week, since Netflix is releasing each episode on a weekly basis.

Just finished watching Harisson Bergeron. That ending pissed me off so much, why did he have to go and martyr himself like that? Though there's a ray of hope at the end considering how a small portion of the population has been 'awakened', it's still sad knowing that Harisson won't get to see the fruits of his labor.

Watched The Divine Move and Before I Disappear yesterday morning.

The Divine Move was a pretty standard Korean revenge flick and played out almost as you'd expect. The fight scenes weren't that exciting, but the movie got creative in how the main character extracted his revenge.  I expected Before I Disappear to be a black comedy, and it did have some funny moments, but it turned out to be a more serious, well-grounded, somber, and at the same time heartwarming drama. I enjoyed it quite a bit, minus some of surreal exposition the move uses.

I've caught the paranormal bug so I grabbed a few seasons of some reality paranormal shows I know (Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures) and one paranormal documentary series (A Haunting). I'm looking around for other good series (someone recommended Paranormal Witness to me so I grabbed that too). If anyone knows any other good paranormal reality shows I'd love to hear about them.

I also grabbed a UK paranormal mini-series called the Enfield Haunting. It's only 3 episodes but it's pretty good, if you put them all together it makes a pretty decent ghost movie. Some of the effects are laughably bad (there is a 'glowing light' thing that appears that is quite literally just a bright white laser pointer) but the story itself is pretty interesting. It gets a little creepy at times, and not the good kind of creepy. There are one or two scenes with the main character girl that are just plain wrong. I get that it's a horror movie staple to show your lead girl showering or bathing cuz yowza skin time but... you should probably leave those scenes out when your lead girl is pre-pubescent.

Despite that I think it's a pretty good paranormal series. It's kind of rare to get a horror mini-series like this that's just a genuine 'real events' ghost story so you might want to check it out.

Anyway, I'd love more recommendations of good paranormal TV shows. Please no movies... just assume I've watched every horror movie ever. You wouldn't be too far off.

I just finished the Netflix Daredevil series, was pretty good, though at one point I just kind of wished that they wouldn't give him the original costume. Looking forward to the second season, don't really know what to watch now..

Catching up on last few eps of S10 Supernatural

Oh my gawd they fking ganked

Charlie

Out of all character deaths over all these seasons hers was the one that genuinely made me sad and then pissed me off

RIP