What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

I buckled and finished A New Hope, then immediately popped in The Empire Strikes Back, my favorite Star Wars movie of all time  <3

I also mouthed all of the lines to the "I am your father" scene.  I really need to get a life...

Doesn't it feel good, to look at real sets, thought-out scripts, appropriately used CGI and actors actually giving a shit about something other than their paycheck?

Great, now I want to watch Empire too. I need to remember what it's like to have feelings while watching a movie every now and then.

Doesn't it feel good, to look at real sets, thought-out scripts, appropriately used CGI and actors actually giving a shit about something other than their paycheck?

Great, now I want to watch Empire too. I need to remember what it's like to have feelings while watching a movie every now and then.

Unfortunately, we only have the edited copies of the Original Trilogy on VHS (the 1997 Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition), so we have to deal with all the stupid crap Lucas shoved into them for no real reason.  At least we managed to get copies before he digitally inserted those CGI rocks to "hide" R2D2.  Ugh.

Looking back, I really appreciate that they got Mark Hamill to play Luke; he's attractive, but not overly attractive, and at the same time not overly masculine.  He looks pretty average for an actor, which is pretty rare nowadays.  I get really sick of seeing what are essentially male models playing a lot of male protagonists in movies.  It's unrealistic, but not as many people care about that as the issue of unrealistic female characters.

Watched Resident Evil Afterlife recently. It was trashy but I liked it.

Milla Jovoclich helped make it. Another lead and it would have fell apart completely.

Gonna watch the sequel to that film.

Otherwise I just watch weeb shit these days.

Just watched Drive, and man, it was great.  That was the first indie movie that I really loved.  Having played and loved Hotline Miami, there was really no way I was gonna end up not loving Drive.  The only thing I disliked about it was the sheer amount of brutal violence, but I fully expected that, even if I wasn't looking forward to it.  I eventually ended up fast-forwarding through the scenes of violence because I honestly just couldn't handle much more.  That ending though...it just left me asking, "Why?  This didn't need to happen, at all." 

That look on the Driver's face at the end really pulled on my heartstrings, and when Irene knocked on his apartment door I started tearing up.  One thing I wasn't clear on, though, is what was going to happen to Irene.  Bernie said that she'd be safe, but he also said that he wouldn't harm the Driver, so his word is obviously worth shit, and besides, if Bernie is dead, who would make sure that Irene wouldn't be killed by some other mobsters?

Just watched Drive, and man, it was great.  That was the first indie movie that I really loved.  Having played and loved Hotline Miami, there was really no way I was gonna end up not loving Drive.  The only thing I disliked about it was the sheer amount of brutal violence, but I fully expected that, even if I wasn't looking forward to it.  I eventually ended up fast-forwarding through the scenes of violence because I honestly just couldn't handle much more.  That ending though...it just left me asking, "Why?  This didn't need to happen, at all." 

That look on the Driver's face at the end really pulled on my heartstrings, and when Irene knocked on his apartment door I started tearing up.  One thing I wasn't clear on, though, is what was going to happen to Irene.  Bernie said that she'd be safe, but he also said that he wouldn't harm the Driver, so his word is obviously worth shit, and besides, if Bernie is dead, who would make sure that Irene wouldn't be killed by some other mobsters?

Definitely going to be buying Drive sometime in the future, and the soundtrack too.  This movie made my opinion of Ryan Gosling a lot more positive.  I used to think that he was just a pretty boy that banked on his good looks, but his performance in Drive has convinced me otherwise.

I'd check out "Only God Forgives" if you enjoyed Drive. It's similar in tone and atmosphere, though it's a bit more heavy handed when it comes to its themes. Very stylized, but probably more violent than Drive so that might be a negative for you. I really liked it and consider it a sister piece to Drive.

American Horror Story: Freak Show. I didn't even realize another season had come out after Coven. Coven was kind of weak so I was a little iffy going in to Freak Show but man it's that good ol' AHS back again. 

I actually enjoyed the Coven one, but that's because I like that kind of story with magic/witchcraft.  I also liked the first Haunted House story.  I wasn't interested in the s2 mental ward setting, and I haven't tried the latest season Freak Show yet.

The major ones I'm following currently are:  The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Once Upon a Time. I absolutely  :heart: those three.

just saw Age of Ultron, and I was honestly kind of surprised because things did not turn out how I expected them to be,but there was some cliche moments where I would just see what is going to happen next. I would say the movie is enjoyable and is definitely worth it, first good movie of the summer, and to me there are not that many other ones I'm looking forward to in the summer

i also saw it, but it was pretty much what i expected.  A good movie that's made to make you hype about other upcoming marvel movies.

Speaking of, i've also been watching daredevil.  Good shit.  Makes me hype for the other upcoming marvel series' on netflix.

Went to go see Avengers Age of Ultron the other night with the gf. It was fun, but mostly forgettable save Ultron himself who is an awesome bad guy. 

well yeah.  The second movie is like i said, basically just to hype you up for the other upcoming marvel movies, and the grandaddy marvel movie, AVENGERS 3.  WITH ALL OF THE HEROES.  Starlord vs Thanos is going to be so fucking epic in it.  AND SKRULLS.  BRING ON THE SKRULLS BABY.

Just finished watching the season finale of Agents of SHIELD and it was enjoyable all throughout. Really is amazing how much this show's improved from the first season. Really looking forward to what the next season will have to offer.

Though that sudden cliffhanger for one of the characters was evil :devil: