What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Watched a few choice episodes of South Park recently, namely the Scientology and Easter episodes.  Man, that brings back some memories.

I love how in the credits for the Scientology episode they name everyone John or Jane Smith, since they basically insulted Scientology and said, "Come on, sue us!".

I'm watching the TV show Prison Break again. Gotta love those cliffhangers at the end of the episodes, just when I'm about to go to sleep I give in and watch one more episode. On season two at the moment, and so far there's been at least that one character every season which I really hate. For season one it was Bellick, and now it's Mahonne.

I'll probably watch the first season of Hannibal after I finish with this season in order to take a breather.

Finished Supernatural Season 10 Ep.18. I liked the little reference to the Necronomicon, except in this case the book was called The Book of the Damned, but it still had the pages made out of human skin. Metatron is quite the evil mastermind with that blood sigil he made in the library. Castiel and Metatron make quite the quirky team, that part with him going to the bathroom was pretty funny. Sam looks like he's going make a deal with Rowena right after Castiel gets his grace back, no good things come without their price. I don't see the season ending well at all. I kind of wish the brothers would just learn to let each other go.

Worst case is probably Rowena becoming Queen of Hell and manipulating the demon inside Dean or something crazy like that.

Just watched Fast and Furious 7. Surprise surprise I actually had tears from a bad action series. Blergh, what a low blow trick though that maybe makes me feel that its worth my time...

Yeah, that ending hit me right in the feels. Paul Walkers death might be the only celebrity death that have made me feel something beyond "oh, that's sad". But the ending, it was nice.

Saw Ultron yesterday.

Fun film, great action. Not going to bother to try to think about it too critically.

Isn't that pretty standard for superhero movies, aside from outliers like The Dark Knight and the first 2 Spider-Man movies (in my opinion)?  A lot of them are generic cut-and-paste type movies with vary little variance aside from the setup and very specific plot details.  I can count on one hand the number of superhero movies I actually liked as a viewer.  Now, I won't say I didn't enjoy watching most of them, but I can't say that I liked them all.

The only serious complaint I have about Ultron is, that there's sometimes a little too much happening on screen. Once it was the pure amount of dust, sparks and explosions and at other moments because the camera is too close to the fight. Losing track of what's happening for even a split-second is detrimental to the action and takes me out of the movie. 

Ultron was obviously nowhere near as obnixious as a transformers movie in that regard, but I'd nonetheless like them to go back to the way the other marvel action was shot. I like the first Avengers movie precisely because it is pretty straight forward and easy to follow. Ultron has a little more going on in terms of plot, so having the action be confusing at times shouldn't happen.

American Horror Story: Freak Show. I didn't even realize another season had come out after Coven. Coven was kind of weak so I was a little iffy going in to Freak Show but man it's that good ol' AHS back again. As always the question of 'is this horror?' comes to mind but who cares? The writing and acting and cinematography are just so amazing I'm not exactly put out that it doesn't make me jump or keep me up at night (though the clown in Freak Show is probably one of the freakier characters I've ever seen in anything).

Edit: *looks at avatar, signature, then at own post* Mmm-hm. I'm definitely a well-adjusted, normal person. Yep.