What Are You Watching: Movie and TV Show Edition

Zenophilious

Due to a recent whim having in part to do with my fellow friend's (who's a huge film buff) constant chatter, I decided to give in to idly sitting down and watching this one film titled Mr. Nobody. It was... Wow. What an absolutely spectacular if not entirely masterful experience that movie turned out to be. One of the greatest movies I've watched in quite a long time, in fact.

To put aside my own 'chatter' and get right to the point of what I want to say.. Mr. Nobody managed to wholly present itself with both my favorite (or perhaps "ideal") theme and my favorite message in any fiction or form of fiction. I'm the type of person who specifically looks for stories filled with intrigue, in which the presentation of the story introduces concepts already commonly understood in reality only to shift your entire present understanding of them in a unique way. The one-word answer would be 'Paradigm Shift'. I look for paradigm shifts in stories (reason why stories like SubaHibi, Penguindrum, Hakomari, Jintai, Cross+Channel, are some of my favorites) and Mr. Nobody delivered it exceptionally well. As a result of that, I've taken it upon myself as of now to regard this movie as my current favorite movie of all time (I am not in the least a film/movie type of person). (*‿*✿)

Just watched Office Space, and that was one of the funniest office-related movies I think I've ever seen.  The beginning was pure gold; I love how the main character just stops giving a rat's ass about his job and he's actually promoted to upper management  xD

Also thought the choice of soundtrack was pretty amusing.  A movie about a bunch of nerds getting revenge on their a-hole boss has mostly gangster rap in it.

The Wire. Again. What can I say? Gotta keep the devil down in the hole and all that. My computer background right now is a random shot of Snoop and Chris looking ominous. It quirks a few eyebrows when people come into my room and see my cutesy anime girl wall scrolls, and we're talking about VNs or whatever and I show them my deck of Milky Holmes Weiss Schwarz cards (most of my friends are people I meet through card tournaments here) and then they look at my computer and the background is two gangsters from a gritty American crime drama glaring off into the distance. I have... varied tastes.

A friend recommended me Grey's Anatomy, so in the time where i'm not watching anime or reading VN's that's normally what I've been doing, I don't know how I got hooked it just..happened. I do want to see The Babadook, I have heard it's fantastic, and I can safely recommend it even without seeing it myself if any of you get the chance. 

Have you seen ER? If so how does it compare to Grey's Anatomy? I got totally hooked on ER and haven't been able to scratch my medical drama itch ever since I finished that.

(House is good but it's no real substitute for ER)

Goddamnit. I had thought I replied to this.

ER's great. It's the thing that motivated me to become a doctor, really. But hey.

It's just ugh. My god. I don't think I got interested that much in a series in the past. It blew off CSI from my list hahaha.

Finished watching the season finale for The Walking Dead Season 5. A bit disappointed we didn't get to see a confrontation with the wolves before the end of the season. There seemed to be a lot of build-up, but the community wasn't overrun like I expected when Gabriel left the gate open for the zombies. At least Morgan made it to Alexandria and Rick managed to get through to the inhabitants though. People are going to change here, whether they like it or not.

A little over halfway through the second season of the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, really liking it so far.

The episode I last watched was the D&D parody episode, funny title plus the references to LOTR funny. Unfortunately this one felt like a filler episode unless that owl mutant shows up again.

I really liked Manhattan Project as aside from the good story advancement they had a great reference to the 80s cartoon; really wished they'd actually entered the gateway and met their alternate selves and Shredder, Maybe someday...

Watched two more episodes of Babylon 5, more hints about the shadow creatures which was nice and the next one has me interested in whether this Bureau had anything to do with the events of last season's finale.